Camping

Ally

Camping is horrible. I've never camped without it raining, and I've never camped and got a sound night's sleep.

Still, after enough time you forget how shit it is and put the tent up again.

Camping and class A's is majestic man.

Sounds ok if you like a few days away with an extended family. Wouldn't dream of it with just Wife and kids. Meant to be dragging ourselves away from Villa/pool today for a drive through mountains to wherever we end up but as it's only an hour after breakfast and I'm on my third shit already it may have to be put back till tomorrow. :lol:

:lol:

Day 3 at Lago Maggiore and the friends whose camper van I'm sharing didn't bother to mention beforehand that they're basically in the process of spiralling towards a messy divorce. Which is obviously pleasant to be around. I've been going on lots of long walks and swims. :lol:

Day 3 at Lago Maggiore and the friends whose camper van I'm sharing didn't bother to mention beforehand that they're basically in the process of spiralling towards a messy divorce. Which is obviously pleasant to be around. I've been going on lots of long walks and swims. :lol:

Oh dear :lol:

That must be doing your head in man. :lol:

I've got two daughters arguing, an eight year old crying for being told off by her Mam but unfortunately I'll get 'the look of death' if I pipe up that I'm off for a long walk. :)

I've got two daughters arguing, an eight year old crying for being told off by her Mam but unfortunately I'll get 'the look of death' if I pipe up that I'm off for a long walk. :)

Packing this morning for a week in a log cabin with a 6yr old drama queen and a 3yr old Destructobot.

First thing in was whisky ;)

Packing this morning for a week in a log cabin with a 6yr old drama queen and a 3yr old Destructobot.

Yeah a couple of nips in their morning hot choc should sort it.

Just came back from that with a hyper 7 year old and a 11 year old Kevin clone, my heads battered.

Must be longer than a few months, seems ages since I've even read this place. Does that Bellwrapper Christmas Tree still post here?

Someone leave the laptop on the top shelf?

Oh dear :lol:

:lol:

Cosy

That must be doing your head in man. :lol:

It could be worse- you could be pitched next to CT ;)

:lol: They managed to be a bit more civil to each other the last couple of days, but I can't say I'm not glad to be home. Lovely campsite though, highly recommended. :D

• 8 years later...
On 27/03/2009 at 14:44, Christmas Tree said:

dont do it. Its no fun. Its one of those things that you imagine is going to be great and then turns out to be a cold an early bed followed by a very early and cold rise.

If you must do it, do it near a pub.

As one who never learns, just bought a tent :lol: 

We’ve reached that joyous moment in life where the “kids” are happy not to join us on trips, unless it’s something flash or expensive.

Last summer we had our first proper mini holiday without children and it was bliss.

The plan this year is to set off and stay in a hotel when near a city and the tent in the countryside and have a bit of a tour around the UK.

Probably starting in Chester, then snowdonia, Cardiff and see a bit of Cornwall before meandering back up.

Hopefully by saving a bit of cash on hotels we can stay away longer. 

The idea is we can have cheap weekends away as well and just head off out when weather permits.

F46C6026-D67A-4E63-BD58-DC35099F78A9.jpeg

You could held your nerve for a BOGOF deal if you'd waited for the summer sale.

Or would that have been two tents?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

As one who never learns, just bought a tent :lol: 

We’ve reached that joyous moment in life where the “kids” are happy not to join us on trips, unless it’s something flash or expensive.

Last summer we had our first proper mini holiday without children and it was bliss.

The plan this year is to set off and stay in a hotel when near a city and the tent in the countryside and have a bit of a tour around the UK.

Probably starting in Chester, then snowdonia, Cardiff and see a bit of Cornwall before meandering back up.

Hopefully by saving a bit of cash on hotels we can stay away longer. 

The idea is we can have cheap weekends away as well and just head off out when weather permits.

F46C6026-D67A-4E63-BD58-DC35099F78A9.jpeg

Given how much of a fuck on it is to put one of these up, they’re more suited to a “static” holiday where you stay at the same place for a week or whatever. 
A tour, where you’ll be lucky to stay at one place for more than a night or two, will rapidly lose its appeal when you have to allow for the hour or so to erect and takedown this fucker each day. 

You’d be better off putting this back on eBay and whatever you get for it can go towards hiring a campervan for your trip. 

Not that I want to piss on your chips or anything :lol:

• Haha 1