Camping

Ally

15 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: Funny enough, it’s a bit of a toss up between the two. However I’m not really a great fan of too much heat and I’ve been wanting to visit Wales / Cornwall / Cambridge etc for years and just never got round to it.

Could still do either tbh. 

I’d avoid Cornwall in the summer tbh- unless you like sitting in massive traffic jams on country lanes for hours on end, then being fiscally raped wherever you attempt to buy anything- shop, pub, cafe, anywhere. 

Also, Wales is your kind of place as they can’t spell to save their lives either. :lol:

• Haha 3

Just now, Monkeys Fist said:

I’d avoid Cornwall in the summer tbh- unless you like sitting in massive traffic jams on country lanes for hours on end, then being fiscally raped wherever you attempt to buy anything- shop, pub, cafe, anywhere. 

He likes the Sunderland Airshow man. This kind of shit is his jam. 

• Haha 4

Fair point. :lol:

CT pulls up at a beautiful, secluded and deserted bay on the mid-Wales coast, not a soul around for miles on a balmy summer evening …

” There’s no one here Love, it must be shit, let’s go!”

Heads for Rhyll. 

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: Funny enough, it’s a bit of a toss up between the two. However I’m not really a great fan of too much heat and I’ve been wanting to visit Wales / Cornwall / Cambridge etc for years and just never got round to it.

Could still do either tbh. 

That's some triangulation you've got going on there., 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

That's some triangulation you've got going on there., 

My favourite type of holiday tbh is touring and I just want to fit in a few places that I’ve always fancied visiting.

I am a bit concerned about the crowds in Cornwall during summertime but if I can find a whistle stop way of doing it then I’d be happy.

Could also fancy a drive around Norway and Sweden but would have to do a bit more research on that one.

6 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

My favourite type of holiday tbh is touring and I just want to fit in a few places that I’ve always fancied visiting.

I am a bit concerned about the crowds in Cornwall during summertime but if I can find a whistle stop way of doing it then I’d be happy.

Could also fancy a drive around Norway and Sweden but would have to do a bit more research on that one.

Why not missout Cornwall and include Summerset area instead (if you haven't been). Cotswolds, Chedddar Gorge, Wooky hole, Wells, Cheltenham, even Bath and Bristol. Take a chunk off your mileage if you want to head east to Cambridge as well.

I can see the appeal of road trips but only in beautiful environments. Your itinerary includes a fair bit of motorway drving across boring, flat, England. And Chester definitely is not worth stopping for imo. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

CT crosses the Severn Bridge,

” Where’s the other six, then?”

CT goes to Durdle Door,

” There’s a bloody big hole in it!”

CT goes to Cheddar Gorge,

”It’s bloody rock!”

CT goes to Wooky Hole,

” Where’s Han?”

etc

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

CT crosses the Severn Bridge,

” Where’s the other six, then?”

CT goes to Durdle Door,

” There’s a bloody big hole in it!”

CT goes to Cheddar Gorge,

”It’s bloody rock!”

CT goes to Wooky Hole,

” Where’s Han?”

etc

:lol:

Someone get Netflix on the line, I'm getting an idea for a new comedy show here. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Renton said:

:lol:

Someone get Netflix on the line, I'm getting an idea for a new comedy show here. 

Scrap that, I've just remember Karl Pilkingtons "An Idiot Abroad" series, not sure CT is the natural successsor for "An idiot in England" here, unless we dress Karl in a panama hat to act for him I guess.  

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Scrap that, I've just remember Karl Pilkingtons "An Idiot Abroad" series, not sure CT is the natural successsor for "An idiot in England" here, unless we dress Karl in a panama hat to act for him I guess.  

Have Tobey Jones redo his role from Detectorists, visits all of the UK best tourist sites, thinks they’re shite, goes and digs up a field instead. 
Kathy Burke as Mrs. CT, sat in the car, smoking her tits off and necking warm Baileys until she blacks out. 

• Haha 4

Just now, Monkeys Fist said:

Have Tobey Jones redo his role from Detectorists, visits all of the UK best tourist sites, thinks they’re shite, goes and digs up a field instead. 
Kathy Burke as Mrs. CT, sat in the car, smoking her tits off and necking warm Baileys until she blacks out. 

Well, if I was an exec at Netflix you'd get the gig with that idea. 

Meanwhile.......

DELETE.jpg

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Isn’t that since they announced they were running ads? 

That last blip maybe but I think that's just an idea being floated at present. I think Netflix are fairly fucked though as they won't be able to compete long-term against the big boys - Disney, Apple, Google, Amazon, Channel 4, and the NHS. 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Gemmill said:

You could have a meet up with The Fish in Chester though. 

I would happily make plans to meet up with CT in Chester. 

• Haha 1

the only kind of camping i can tolerate is at festival where you spend as little time in the tent as possible, other than an hour or two of tortured, restless "sleep" 

The only camping I am prepared to tolerate is in a 5 star hotel.  Too fucking old to be in a tent, especially in Oz, where you are likely to be bitten by something unmentionable in the unmentionables.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

I would happily make plans to meet up with CT in Chester. 

Can you arrange a shed meet for Jenny and I in Altrincham while you’re on, please and thank’ee 

33 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

the only kind of camping i can tolerate is at festival where you spend as little time in the tent as possible, other than an hour or two of tortured, restless "sleep" 

Agree with this. Camping at an event, where there's an atmosphere and, lets face it, a shit load of alcohol being consumed, is acceptable. I've done at for the Grand Prix a few times. 

Camping for camping sake? Nah, fuck that right off!