Camping

Ally

dont do it. Its no fun. Its one of those things that you imagine is going to be great and then turns out to be a cold an early bed followed by a very early and cold rise.

If you must do it, do it near a pub.

This, in a nutshell.

Won't be doing that again in a hurry! :mellow:

Better weather or better kit. ;)

Better location might help as well.

The middle of Stoke is probably not the best idea. <_<

dont do it. Its no fun. Its one of those things that you imagine is going to be great and then turns out to be a cold an early bed followed by a very early and cold rise.

This, in a nutshell.

Won't be doing that again in a hurry! :mellow:

Better weather or better kit. <_<

Location was lovely. Had a great time each day until about 8pm then it got dark and the temperature plumetted. ;)

This, in a nutshell.

Won't be doing that again in a hurry! ;)

Better weather or better kit. <_<

Location was lovely. Had a great time each day until about 8pm then it got dark and the temperature plumetted. <_<

Night-time is just plain wrong. :mellow:

Dont let your wife buy a tent. Mine said she saw a good one on ebay and bought it. When it came it turned out to be a fucking gargantuan 10 man effort. There was only the two of us at the time. Couldnt fit the fucker on any electric hook up pitches either. Mind meant we had planty of space for eating and stuff.

Dont let your wife buy a tent. Mine said she saw a good one on ebay and bought it. When it came it turned out to be a fucking gargantuan 10 man effort. There was only the two of us at the time. Couldnt fit the fucker on any electric hook up pitches either. Mind meant we had planty of space for eating and stuff.

Probably her way of saying 'book us into a hotel you tight cunt'.

Fuck camping. My sister's fiancé wants to go camping and mountain biking for his stag weekend. He better find a campsite next to a hotel.

Take note anyone who needs one WILD CRAZY stag weekend before they get hitched! He sounds a right part-ay animal!

Fuck camping. My sister's fiancé wants to go camping and mountain biking for his stag weekend. He better find a campsite next to a hotel.

My mate from university had his stag weekend in Newquay that involved 'coasteering'. I ducked out of it like. Anyway, during said activity he jumped into the sea, landed awkwardly and got a hairline fracture of the spine leading to several weeks in hospital. Glad I never went anyway :lol:

My mate from university had his stag weekend in Newquay that involved 'coasteering'. I ducked out of it like. Anyway, during said activity he jumped into the sea, landed awkwardly and got a hairline fracture of the spine leading to several weeks in hospital. Glad I never went anyway :lol:

Assume he hit a rock, rather than having brittle bone disease?

Nah.

Nah.

Nah what?

• 3 months later...

not sure if this should be in the festivals thread

but I'm off to here.......http://www.shambhalamusicfestival.com/ :)

in one week, can't wait, let the debauchery begin!!!!

• 1 year later...

Went up to troutbeck a few weeks back with the kids and stayed in them camping pods someone had recommended on here, spot on for the money and thoroughly enjoyed it, the whole camping thing.

Thinking about buying a trailer tent when they drop in price over the winter.

• 9 months later...

Spent the last few days getting all excited about the possibility of a camping trip with the whole family and possible friends as well. Being looking on ebay for second hand tents and all sorts. Couldnt remember if we'd discussed camping on here so searched for a thread.

Now feeling depressed. :o

I am camping for 2 days @ Fairford in July.

I have camped in over 25 years (when I discovered air travel and Spain). This is another reason for this.

I HATE CAMPING I don't do one with nature at all!

:o

Spent the last few days getting all excited about the possibility of a camping trip with the whole family and possible friends as well. Being looking on ebay for second hand tents and all sorts. Couldnt remember if we'd discussed camping on here so searched for a thread.

Now feeling depressed. :o

What happened there, didn't want to be your friend after all????

I enjoy it. took the kids this year as well. Shuffle them off to bed around 9pm and we sit outside the tent around the fire with a few bottles and sausage butties off the bbq. Nee singing like :o

I enjoy it. took the kids this year as well. Shuffle them off to bed around 9pm and we sit outside the tent around the fire with a few bottles and sausage butties off the bbq. Nee singing like :o

Where did you stay? So many places are arsey about having a real fire and tbh, camping aint camping without a real fire. (And some woman screaming about mice, creepy crawlies etc)