Camping

Ally

Anyone else reckon Bob Mortimer has nailed Eureka?

pretty much a cert i think. he's openly said he fancied her rotten in an interview . . having said that like, i've also seen him call her tits as being like 'marbles in pitta breads' .

was either reporting on findings or they're words of a jilted man !?

I enjoy it. took the kids this year as well. Shuffle them off to bed around 9pm and we sit outside the tent around the fire with a few bottles and sausage butties off the bbq. Nee singing like :o

Where did you stay? So many places are arsey about having a real fire and tbh, camping aint camping without a real fire. (And some woman screaming about mice, creepy crawlies etc)

Lakes near Pooley Bridge. Wasnt an open fire but in one of them container things.

I enjoy it. took the kids this year as well. Shuffle them off to bed around 9pm and we sit outside the tent around the fire with a few bottles and sausage butties off the bbq. Nee singing like :o

Where did you stay? So many places are arsey about having a real fire and tbh, camping aint camping without a real fire. (And some woman screaming about mice, creepy crawlies etc)

List of fire friendly campsites here. Scroll down past the French sites for NE & NW sites.

I can recommend Lanefoot site near Keswick, if you book ahead, they'll provide a tractor wheel on your pitch to use as a fire pit.

List of fire friendly campsites here. Scroll down past the French sites for NE & NW sites.

I can recommend Lanefoot site near Keswick, if you book ahead, they'll provide a tractor wheel on your pitch to use as a fire pit.

http://www.stayinthornthwaite.co.uk/?c=lan...arm&a=index

Fist, that looks marvellous! How do you do it? :gettin:

Ok, lets Man this thread up and start talking kit! :o

The wife wants to borrow a friends tent because she knows as well as Gemmill how I flap about from one thing to another.

Me however wants to buy one off Ebay because I just know Im going to love it and will be wanting to be away every other weekend (yes its going to end in tears, but let me enjoy the moment).

*** The minging cat that I hate is busy eating a mouse no less than six feet away and I can hear bones crunching *** :gettin:

Watching a few makes including Gelert, Vango and Outwell...... Any reccomends. (Obviously dont want to go too overboard until we pass the first camp test).

Fucking cats left two hind legs and an arse. Seriously wretching.

Vango is a decent " proper" tent maker.

Gelert are the cheaper end of the Market.

If you've never been before, I'd go with your Mrs' plan and borrow the kit first.

I'll have you know I used to be a .....

up.jpg

I also took my wife honeymooning in a tent, with the dog, in Scotland.......ended in tears.

Last time we camped was about 12 years ago.

Given that you hated this the last time you went, I'd be borrowing a tent rather than splashing a load of cash on one. It'll only take a couple of days of rain or a campsite with manky facilities for you to want to fuck it off again.

Give me a cottage in the countryside any day, over sleeping on a lumpy field and having to listen to some twat snore like a pig two tents over.

Given that you hated this the last time you went, I'd be borrowing a tent rather than splashing a load of cash on one. It'll only take a couple of days of rain or a campsite with manky facilities for you to want to fuck it off again.

Give me a cottage in the countryside any day, over sleeping on a lumpy field and having to listen to some twat snore like a pig two tents over.

Problem is the people she wants to borrow the tent off are neighbours with all the gear and quite into it. Too much responsibility taking care of their expensive kit.

Much rather get a sub £100 one of ebay that I can stick back on if I hate it or leave it abandoned in the field if flooded out.

I know what your saying about a cottage but if you can get some lovely weather and your kids around an open fire, marshmallows, ghost stories etc.....it takes some beating and is just one of lifes experiences that has to be done.

campfire1.jpg

Just booked a night at Bobby Shafto in Durham as it happens.

Got the swing ball out and everything.

Cannit wait to see Babs Winsor doing her stretches.

Kyah! Kyah!

Not exactly wandering far there happy.

Another planet as far as stevie's concerned. He'd rather go to Baghdad than Durham.

Just booked a night at Bobby Shafto in Durham as it happens.

Got the swing ball out and everything.

Cannit wait to see Babs Winsor doing her stretches.

Kyah! Kyah!

Not exactly wandering far there happy.

Another planet as far as stevie's concerned. He'd rather go to Baghdad than Durham.

Just around the corner from me :o

Well, ish..

Last time I went camping was when I was a student nurse. 6 of us in 2 tents that were too small, in October, at Coniston. Can't remember ever being so cold but we had an absolute scream.

I like running water too much to camp these days mind :o

I guess, in terms of mid life crisis' this is a far cheaper option than a Porsche. I can't stand camping. It's cold, uncomfortable, noisy and always wake up at 5am and wander oot into a field to have a slash with like-minded twats.

If you hit a woodland and build your own then it's an experience, but setting up a 4 man tent with inflatable beds and duck feather pillows it's not really 'Bear Grylls'. He's the benchmark. Feed your kids roadkill and make them fetch water from a far away land.

I'd recommend getting something from Millets, purely because my friend is the lass talking whenever you click on the double underlined links at the bottom of this page

I'd recommend getting something from Millets, purely because my friend is the lass talking whenever you click on the double underlined links at the bottom of this page

Helloh, Helloooooooh :) Very nice and I would guess right up Monkeys street as well. :rolleyes:

Mr Fist....Any thoughts on this one.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/part...%7C14419414.htm

Cant really find much about it on the net myself.

edit. or this one

http://www.campingworld.co.uk/Models.aspx?ModelID=2053

The Outwell one is a bargain.

Here's their website. Looks like they make decent stuff.

Think they're Yank, could be wrong though.