Judge rules on Guantanamo strike

Rob W

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way Leazes, are you advocating imprisoning people for years purely on the basis of suspicion? Isn't that what Saddam Hussein used to do?

106885[/snapback]

Just got up to here reading this thread and my irony meter has gone off the scale. Half the things that HTL advocates (and iirc this includes executing children and publically beating criminals) would fit quite nicely into an extremist state like Iraq that we are "fighting" against. He just can't see it though. ;)

106921[/snapback]

Exactly where did that come from, Renton?

107098[/snapback]

I thought you were for public flogging. And the hanging of the Bulger killers (who at the age of 10 were children). Sincere apologies if I'm wrong. Mind, a lot of people would agree with that.

107106[/snapback]

You're totally fucking wrong in point of fact. It would be good if you took the trouble to make sure you know what you're talking about before you attack someone with an accusation of that kind of thing. I don't recall ever reading a thread about public flogging and for the Bulger killers I'd like to see them locked up for good. How's that? Sounds considerably different to the accusation I want to execute children, for fucks sake.

107134[/snapback]

I said I'd apologise if I got it wrong, publically in its own thread if you like. Plenty of people think Venebles and Thompson should have been hung, some on here, I remember this for a fact. If it's not you, then fine. Like I said though, you've over-stepped the mark big time imo, you've made the lowest insult possible without any evidence to back it up. If you can say that and get away with it, then you can say anything. Over to the mods now as far as I'm concerned.

Paedophile is the new one apparently, wanker is old hat.

107124[/snapback]

Alex,

You can disagree all you like mate, as part of your juvenile wind-up persona, but I have nothing at all against Renton, he knows that but chooses to ignore it for some reason known only to himself.

From where I'm sitting Renton has posted an accusation toward me saying that I am in favour of executing children. Quite a bad accusation, imo. The comment I posted above toward Renton is obviously nonsense, as I have no clue at all about Renton's personal life and couldn't care less, it was meant to be nonsense in the same way his accusation toward me was nonsense. I don't expect you to understand, or even if you do, I doubt you'll acknowledge it because childish games is your thing.

I think it would be better if you kept your retorts to yourself mate, as this exchange between myself and Renton has become personal and really has fuck all to do with you.

Wanker is your stock in trade response tbh HTL.

107111[/snapback]

So 5 pages ago tbh.

This thread kicked off because HF expressed an interest in Gitmo, he didn't even express an opinion, and Rambo went ape-shit. ;)

107138[/snapback]

:jester:

Did anyone watch it? Obviously not HTL or LM, too scared of being brainwashed by the baddies.

Weak minded tbh

Aye, it certainly has when you portray such total rubbish about me without knowing me.

I reckon from your posts you're a paedophile, mate.

107117[/snapback]

And what would you do with a paedophile, if you got your hands on him?

107126[/snapback]

More to the point, what would YOU do? Send him on holiday to help make him better?

I think it would be better if you kept your retorts to yourself mate, as this exchange between myself and Renton has become personal and really has fuck all to do with you.

107153[/snapback]

Take it to PM then. And be very careful about the kind of accusations you make.

Basically if the yanks think someone is engaged in terrorist activity then can lock them up for security reasons and we should do exactly the same.

107050[/snapback]

I don't think anybody on here disagrees that terrorists should get locked up for security reasons. And I don't think anyone disagrees that there has to be the possibility of locking up suspects if there is sufficient evidence. The only thing is about the proceedings. You don't need a place like Guantanamo and you don't need to abstain from basic human rights like a fair trial. A normal prison is sufficient enough, as well is a normal criminal proceeding.

Here in Jormany we had the trial against a muslim terrorist who got a hefty penalty and will enjoy a long time in prison. Remarkable was his last word where he told about his astonishment regarding the treatment he got because his religious feelings got respected as he got the right food, was allowed to read in the Koran and allowed to pray. Nobody was apologetic about his actions and there was no chance his penalty was going to get reduced . And nobody thinks that this terrorist has been 'reformed'. I think this kind of tolerance is setting a far better example than betraying our ideals. The best way to spit in the face of those religious nutters is by showing that we don't have to lower our moral values to fight against them but just treat them as what they are: lunatic criminals.

Oh yes, and I like it to be a fancy dan lecturer...

107127[/snapback]

Bold bit.

I think you're wrong, mate. There are people who will only be convinced someone is a terrorist if the person is actually caught in the act of setting off a bomb. Until that time, their rights are paramount and they should be allowed to roam free killing people at their leisure.

By the way Leazes, are you advocating imprisoning people for years purely on the basis of suspicion? Isn't that what Saddam Hussein used to do?

106885[/snapback]

Just got up to here reading this thread and my irony meter has gone off the scale. Half the things that HTL advocates (and iirc this includes executing children and publically beating criminals) would fit quite nicely into an extremist state like Iraq that we are "fighting" against. He just can't see it though. :jester:

106921[/snapback]

I reckon he is just looking after what he percieves as the best interests of his own country, like most of us.

However, unlike a lot of people on here, I don't see how allowing potential terrorists on the streets is a good thing...like it or not we are at war, like we were twice in the last century, just of a different type, against people who want to change the world to one of their liking and take away our freedom, and going by boy scout rules against such bastards and cowards is out of the question

107010[/snapback]

I think it goes without saying we all want what is best for the country we live in, I know that I do. It's just some of us believe it is worth protecting what makes our society what it is and don't want us to revert back to medieval "justice" or want a return to "guilty until proven innocent". If we incarcerate people at the will of the state, lock people up for years with no evidence against them, what makes us different to Iraq? The same goes with executing children or beating people in public imo.

There seems to be little point in arguing on these points anyway, I have posted on the internet long enough to know the more stubborn among us (and that includes me probably) will never be persuaded we are wrong. However, HTL seems to me to be an extreme case with very black and white viewpoints. These people always worry me, this might sound daft but I believe that the taliban were comprised of similar minded people to some of the more right-wing dogooder bashers you get on these message boards. It's the way some people see the world in black and white, the underlying certainty and fundamentalism of their beliefs. The world is not a simple place and neither are issues, it's right we should debate them in a free society if we want without claims we are loony lefty sandalistas, do-gooders, unpatriotic, or indeed wankers if we do.

Anyway, rant over. Like I say I'm not sure I want to get caught up in another of these threads - its got the potential to get ugly. ;):jester:

107030[/snapback]

Aye, it certainly has when you portray such total rubbish about me without knowing me.

I reckon from your posts you're a paedophile, mate.

107117[/snapback]

Fine. Reckon you've over-stepped the mark there personally HTL. You can certainly dish it out, insult people for no reason, but you can't take any criticism, can you?

Mods, can we ban HTL for this? Tbh if he stays, I'm going. Yeah, I know that sounds a bit hissy but I'm fucked if I'm standing for this.

107128[/snapback]

Renton,

So you think accusing me of being in favour of EXECTUING CHILDREN ISN'T STEPPING OVER THE LINE? Fucking hell!

Listen, my comment was obviously nonsense, as explained just up the page. Your comment was what you believe. though.

So you're begging for me to be banned? I'm quite prepared for the post and later one's to be deleted, but your post should also. Then it's water under the bridge if you're adult enough, like.

Basically if the yanks think someone is engaged in terrorist activity then can lock them up for security reasons and we should do exactly the same.

107050[/snapback]

I don't think anybody on here disagrees that terrorists should get locked up for security reasons. And I don't think anyone disagrees that there has to be the possibility of locking up suspects if there is sufficient evidence. The only thing is about the proceedings. You don't need a place like Guantanamo and you don't need to abstain from basic human rights like a fair trial. A normal prison is sufficient enough, as well is a normal criminal proceeding.

Here in Jormany we had the trial against a muslim terrorist who got a hefty penalty and will enjoy a long time in prison. Remarkable was his last word where he told about his astonishment regarding the treatment he got because his religious feelings got respected as he got the right food, was allowed to read in the Koran and allowed to pray. Nobody was apologetic about his actions and there was no chance his penalty was going to get reduced . And nobody thinks that this terrorist has been 'reformed'. I think this kind of tolerance is setting a far better example than betraying our ideals. The best way to spit in the face of those religious nutters is by showing that we don't have to lower our moral values to fight against them but just treat them as what they are: lunatic criminals.

107127[/snapback]

Bold bit.

I think you're wrong, mate. There are people who will only be convinced someone is a terrorist if the person is actually caught in the act of setting off a bomb. Until that time, their rights are paramount and they should be allowed to roam free killing people at their leisure.

107161[/snapback]

Well, either that or planning the attack, or funding the attack, or making tea for the person who funded the person who planned the attack, or having any proven link whatsoever.

Simply being in Afgahnistan when we bombed the shit out of it, I don't think applies.

107153[/snapback]

Take it to PM then. And be very careful about the kind of accusations you make.

107158[/snapback]

I suggest you go back over the posts to the bit from Renton where he first accused me of being in favour of executing children. Then you can apologise for posting this toward me and not Renton.

107124[/snapback]

Alex,

You can disagree all you like mate, as part of your juvenile wind-up persona, but I have nothing at all against Renton, he knows that but chooses to ignore it for some reason known only to himself.

From where I'm sitting Renton has posted an accusation toward me saying that I am in favour of executing children. Quite a bad accusation, imo. The comment I posted above toward Renton is obviously nonsense, as I have no clue at all about Renton's personal life and couldn't care less, it was meant to be nonsense in the same way his accusation toward me was nonsense. I don't expect you to understand, or even if you do, I doubt you'll acknowledge it because childish games is your thing.

107153[/snapback]

Is it ok to respond to this btw? ;) You were bang out of order accusing Renton of being a paedophile and you know it, which is why you're backtracking. Just like when you wanted to meet up with me, which was plain to all and sundry was for a fight, only for you to pretend it was only for a drink after you realised what a fool you'd made of yourself.

Fine. Reckon you've over-stepped the mark there personally HTL. You can certainly dish it out, insult people for no reason, but you can't take any criticism, can you?

Mods, can we ban HTL for this? Tbh if he stays, I'm going. Yeah, I know that sounds a bit hissy but I'm fucked if I'm standing for this.

107128[/snapback]

Another one of AF's alter-egos exposed!

Just use the ignore function, Renton, you nancy boy! ;)

107133[/snapback]

Another one who obviously overlooks as nothing the accusation I'm in favour of executing children.

Double standards, or what.

107124[/snapback]

Alex,

107153[/snapback]

Is it ok to respond to this btw? ;) You were bang out of order accusing Renton of being a paedophile and you know it, which is why you're backtracking. Just like when you wanted to meet up with me, which was plain to all and sundry was for a fight, only for you to pretend it was only for a drink after you realised what a fool you'd made of yourself.

107166[/snapback]

No, I'm not backtracking at all. It was posted for exactly the way I described. None of us have any way at all of knowing what we are like in person. There was no reason at all for Renton to post the accusation I want to execute children, it was nonsense based on nothing, the same as my post in response. Not surprised you lot are ignoring it though.

As I said, quite happy for the posts to be deleted, I've made my point although none of you get it.

This is what kicked it off.........

Just got up to here reading this thread and my irony meter has gone off the scale. Half the things that HTL advocates (and iirc this includes executing children and publically beating criminals) would fit quite nicely into an extremist state like Iraq that we are "fighting" against. He just can't see it though.
Edited by Howaythelads

107124[/snapback]

Alex,

107153[/snapback]

107166[/snapback]

No, I'm not backtracking at all. It was posted for exactly the way I described. None of us have any way at all of knowing what we are like in person. There was no reason at all for Renton to post the accusation I want to execute children, it was nonsense based on nothing, the same as my post in response. Not surprised you lot are ignoring it though.

As I said, quite happy for the posts to be deleted, I've made my point although none of you get it.

107169[/snapback]

I bet you are :jester:

Wanker is your stock in trade response tbh HTL.

107111[/snapback]

So 5 pages ago tbh.

This thread kicked off because HF expressed an interest in Gitmo, he didn't even express an opinion, and Rambo went ape-shit. ;)

107138[/snapback]

:jester:

Did anyone watch it? Obviously not HTL or LM, too scared of being brainwashed by the baddies.

Weak minded tbh

107154[/snapback]

Shame eh. My opinions are from experience not those of left wing wanker lecturers who only wankers take notice of :jester:

PS like the smilie ?

107124[/snapback]

Alex,

107153[/snapback]

107166[/snapback]

107169[/snapback]

I bet you are :jester:

107171[/snapback]

And shouldn't Renton for his post.........or is that acceptable by your standards?

In all honesty HTL, I know exactly what you were saying (i.e. I'll make this accusation as you made that one) but Renton made a genuine mistake and apologised. You should do the same and draw a line under it.

107128[/snapback]

107133[/snapback]

Another one who obviously overlooks as nothing the accusation I'm in favour of executing children.

107168[/snapback]

:o What are you on about, that post is taking the piss out of Renton.

107050[/snapback]

107127[/snapback]

Bold bit.

107161[/snapback]

Well, either that or planning the attack, or funding the attack, or making tea for the person who funded the person who planned the attack, or having any proven link whatsoever.

Simply being in Afgahnistan when we bombed the shit out of it, I don't think applies.

107163[/snapback]

So where do you get the knowledge this is all they have done ?

As was said earlier, you might be surprised to hear, despite the shit you've been told by your lecturers/teachers etc, WE actually don't lock people up for nothing

In all honesty HTL, I know exactly what you were saying (i.e. I'll make this accusation as you made that one) but Renton made a genuine mistake and apologised. You should do the same and draw a line under it.

107178[/snapback]

Alex,

I was writing the post probably while Renton was making his, I didn't see it until later. By then it had been quoted. It's what happens on a forum. I've also gone on to say to Renton that I've made my point that these accusations have no basis and are total nonsense, water under the bridge.

I've edited the comment already, and although you lot obviously want to believe I meant it, the simple fact is that I didn't. It was posted for the reason I said, and that was to make the point that it's easy for people to make accusations like that, but that some go beyond the line and are nonsense and can be quite hurtful. Mine went beyond the line on the basis that Renton's also went beyond the line. That was the point.

107128[/snapback]

107133[/snapback]

107168[/snapback]

:o What are you on about, that post is taking the piss out of Renton.

107180[/snapback]

Obviously I posted it to the wrong person. Sorry, like.

107178[/snapback]

Alex,

I was writing the post probably while Renton was making his, I didn't see it until later. By then it had been quoted. It's what happens on a forum. I've also gone on to say to Renton that I've made my point that these accusations have no basis and are total nonsense, water under the bridge.

I've edited the comment already, and although you lot obviously want to believe I meant it, the simple fact is that I didn't. It was posted for the reason I said, and that was to make the point that it's easy for people to make accusations like that, but that some go beyond the line and are nonsense and can be quite hurtful. Mine went beyond the line on the basis that Renton's also went beyond the line. That was the point.

107183[/snapback]

Fair do's, I do understand that.