Judge rules on Guantanamo strike

Rob W

No, I'm not backtracking at all. It was posted for exactly the way I described. None of us have any way at all of knowing what we are like in person. There was no reason at all for Renton to post the accusation I want to execute children, it was nonsense based on nothing, the same as my post in response. Not surprised you lot are ignoring it though.

As I said, quite happy for the posts to be deleted, I've made my point although none of you get it.

I think that's bollocks, you get a very good idea of people's opinions, intelligence, humour on here, unless people are putting on an act; I would hope you're not as militant in person.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So where do you get the knowledge this is all they have done ?

As was said earlier, you might be surprised to hear, despite the shit you've been told by your lecturers/teachers etc, WE actually don't lock people up for nothing

107181[/snapback]

To be honest Leazes I reckon I know about as much about what happened in Afghanistan as you know about the content of an average University Lecture/the views of those giving the lecture, but it doesn't stop you from passing comment does it?

Wanker is your stock in trade response tbh HTL.

107111[/snapback]

So 5 pages ago tbh.

This thread kicked off because HF expressed an interest in Gitmo, he didn't even express an opinion, and Rambo went ape-shit. :o

107138[/snapback]

;)

Did anyone watch it? Obviously not HTL or LM, too scared of being brainwashed by the baddies.

Weak minded tbh

107154[/snapback]

Shame eh. My opinions are from experience not those of left wing wanker lecturers who only wankers take notice of ;)

PS like the smilie ?

107174[/snapback]

YOU'VE been to Guantanamo? ;)

If not, how are you so much more knowledgable on these matters? - genuine question.

Fact is, as was pointed out, you had a go before I even expressed an opinion. In fact I'd agree with a lot of the methods used in Guantanamo. Convictions mightn't occur because deals are made for information. If there is genuine intelligence that a captor has information I say do anything necessary to get that information. But the ends don't always justify the means, and in those circumstances the victims should be be compensated.

Edited by Happy Face

So where do you get the knowledge this is all they have done ?

As was said earlier, you might be surprised to hear, despite the shit you've been told by your lecturers/teachers etc, WE actually don't lock people up for nothing

107181[/snapback]

Lecturers/Teachers? What are you on about? I'm not a student.

We DO lock people up for nothing, otherwise they wouldn't be released without charge 4 years later.

It might be they bought their freedom with information, but don't you think this would also mean an agreement that neither they nor the government would discuss their release with press.

In all honesty HTL, I know exactly what you were saying (i.e. I'll make this accusation as you made that one) but Renton made a genuine mistake and apologised. You should do the same and draw a line under it.

107178[/snapback]

Alex,

I was writing the post probably while Renton was making his, I didn't see it until later. By then it had been quoted. It's what happens on a forum. I've also gone on to say to Renton that I've made my point that these accusations have no basis and are total nonsense, water under the bridge.

I've edited the comment already, and although you lot obviously want to believe I meant it, the simple fact is that I didn't. It was posted for the reason I said, and that was to make the point that it's easy for people to make accusations like that, but that some go beyond the line and are nonsense and can be quite hurtful. Mine went beyond the line on the basis that Renton's also went beyond the line. That was the point.

107183[/snapback]

Fair do's, I do understand that.

107186[/snapback]

Thanks, Alex.

As Renton pointed out in the post where he asked the Admin' to ban me, it always looks a bit daft when someone says they're going to jack in with the forum. However, I don't care how daft it looks tbh. I'll save Renton the trouble of going, I'll bugger off myself.

As bad as my comment was to Renton, I find it shocking that some of you people couldn't see that a person would be angry at being accused of being in favour of executing children. Especially posted out of the blue in the way it was. I also find it amazing that the meaning behind my post wasn't obvious following the comment from Renton, but there you go.

Thanks for the chat. Some of it was good.

Edited by Howaythelads

Expand ? I suspect I know where you are heading..but want to know..

Simple fact is, we don't put people in the nick for nothing, despite what the pro-middle east crusaders would have you believe

107034[/snapback]

You don't need to be a fancy Dan lecturer to laugh at the irony of that.

107039[/snapback]

:o;);)

As Renton pointed out in the post where he asked the Admin' to ban me, it always looks a bit daft when someone says they're going to jack in with the forum. However, I don't care how daft it looks tbh. I'll save Renton the trouble of going, I'll bugger off myself.

As bad as my comment was to Renton, I find it shocking that some of you people couldn't see that a person would be angry at being accused of being in favour of executing children. Especially posted out of the blue in the way it was. I also find it amazing that the meaning behind my post wasn't obvious following the comment from Renton, but there you go.

107205[/snapback]

HTL, don't go on my account. I wrote what I did (about you being banned) because I was genuinely shocked - I think calling someone a paedophile, or even implying it, is pretty low.

Having said that, I can see the context why you did it, I admit I was partly trying to wind you up (but also partly just mistaken about something I thought you'd said - which I maintain is not a particular unusual view). Looking back on my post I can see it was inflammatory and wrong. What was worse is I referred to you in the third person when you couldn't reply which I have found from experience always pisses people off. Anyway, as you say, if you apologise for what you said, I will apologise for what I said. I don't want you to get banned or voluntarily stop posting because I probably over-reacted.

So I'm sorry, OK? We were both in the wrong, and should just forget about it. I'm not going to say anymore or it'll sound gay. :o

P.S. Ask Gemmill about my hissy fits - I'm nearly as bad as Asprilla's Foreskin when I get going!

Wanker is your stock in trade response tbh HTL.

107111[/snapback]

So 5 pages ago tbh.

This thread kicked off because HF expressed an interest in Gitmo, he didn't even express an opinion, and Rambo went ape-shit. :o

107138[/snapback]

;)

Did anyone watch it? Obviously not HTL or LM, too scared of being brainwashed by the baddies.

Weak minded tbh

107154[/snapback]

Shame eh. My opinions are from experience not those of left wing wanker lecturers who only wankers take notice of ;)

PS like the smilie ?

107174[/snapback]

YOU'VE been to Guantanamo? ;)

If not, how are you so much more knowledgable on these matters? - genuine question.

Fact is, as was pointed out, you had a go before I even expressed an opinion. In fact I'd agree with a lot of the methods used in Guantanamo. Convictions mightn't occur because deals are made for information. If there is genuine intelligence that a captor has information I say do anything necessary to get that information. But the ends don't always justify the means, and in those circumstances the victims should be be compensated.

107192[/snapback]

that is the WHOLE point

Ok, everybody.

I apologise unreservedly to Renton for the earlier comment.

Cheers

107200[/snapback]

Bollocks to that! From the way he reacted I can't help but think he's got something to hide!

JOKE Renty baby. :o

107205[/snapback]

you can't go!!!!

we need you and leazesmag to bring balance to the forum. otherwise threads like this one will be overrun by do-gooders, left wing university lecturers and pro-middle east crusaders.

honestly.... cheers for the entertainment lads. can't remember the last time i laughed so much at a thread on here.

regarding the child killing/paedophile....you and renton should just kiss and make up. this forum would be a far duller place without you both.

Ok, everybody.

I apologise unreservedly to Renton for the earlier comment.

Cheers

107200[/snapback]

Bollocks to that! From the way he reacted I can't help but think he's got something to hide!

JOKE Renty baby. :o

107221[/snapback]

;) ;)

bring back htl! and blaydon while we're at it.

maybe we should start an online campaign...try and drum up some media interest. probably deserves its own forum even.

107205[/snapback]

HTL, don't go on my account. I wrote what I did (about you being banned) because I was genuinely shocked - I think calling someone a paedophile, or even implying it, is pretty low.

Having said that, I can see the context why you did it, I admit I was partly trying to wind you up (but also partly just mistaken about something I thought you'd said - which I maintain is not a particular unusual view). Looking back on my post I can see it was inflammatory and wrong. What was worse is I referred to you in the third person when you couldn't reply which I have found from experience always pisses people off. Anyway, as you say, if you apologise for what you said, I will apologise for what I said. I don't want you to get banned or voluntarily stop posting because I probably over-reacted.

So I'm sorry, OK? We were both in the wrong, and should just forget about it. I'm not going to say anymore or it'll sound gay. :o

P.S. Ask Gemmill about my hissy fits - I'm nearly as bad as Asprilla's Foreskin when I get going!

107216[/snapback]

Renton, Just wanted to make sure that you did in fact see this Apology from page 8........

Thanks for the above post.

Edited by Howaythelads

reminds me of the final scene in grease.

"all the gang is back together".

now we just need htl and renton to fly off in to the sunset together in a 1950s convertible