Official Jimbo's TV Confirmation: Alan Shearer: Manager of Newcastle United

Jimbo

what's the general 'real life' equivalent of relegation?

You are demoted and forced to accept a pay cut because you have no employment alternatives, your wife/gf/partner that you really love leaves you and your great neighbours move only to be replaced by the most annoying, tight arse cunts the world has seen.

Or you just become danny b.

;)

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, this is great, I think this should be our lineup for Saturday against Chelsea:

-------------------------

------------------------

------------------------

--------Shearer------

The rest can fuck off!

Whoa! Just turned the tv on and caught this story - I'm not sure whether to jump for joy or cry in despair. Part of me is overjoyed at Big Al taking over but another part of me is wondering why the hell he'd agree to work under Mike Ashley's regime, especially with Wise still there.

It's kind of like a dream has been tainted for me, Mike Ashley's messing with everything I hold dear...

What's the betting Lardash has been trying to get Shearer in for weeks but to no avail? Shearer, like the rest of us, recognised the situation is desperate and has given in and dropped his objections in order to help the cause; desperate times and all that.

This club was standing in quick sand, sinking slowly into oblivion without the slightest attempt to get out. Someone has chucked us a rope, a rope we know and respect and one which could just help us out. The rope may break, but at least we will be trying to survive.

If anyone, anyone, didn't get a tingle of anticipation and excitement at the news of Shearer coming in in an attempt to save the day, then I'd question if they aren't true Newcastle United supporters. Yes, of course he might fail, and yes, it's yet another lurch from the club by those in charge/ownership, but at least Shearer's here trying to do something about the shit we're in; good on him.

imo he'll be in the dugout on Saturday. We're still expected to lose, but Shearer doesn't strike me as a man who would shy away from meeting the challenge head on, at the earliest opportunity. And Shearer isn't the man to take any shite, so Lardash, Wise and Llabia will have to tread very carefully over the next couple of months.

... ;):nufc:

GET IN! :(:D

This club man, nothing on earth like it! Just when all hope seemed lost...

Even if we go down, we need to sign him on for another year, show Wise the door, and let Shearer rebuild. Then he can get a full season to show us what he's got - if he can't save us the first time round :nufc:

Nothing is forever, though, and aware that Shearer is consistently opposed to Wise and his role, Ashley seems poised to cut the ties that for so long inexplicably bound him to the former Leeds manager, who is now soon to depart.

;):nufc: :nufc:

I'm pleased, but that's only really because things can't get much worse, and let's face it, we're fucking desperate. I hope Al does the buisiness, but he has no mangerial experience, and him coming is not going to change the fact that our squad is paper thin and mostly shit.

:nufc:

to be presented to "the media" tomorrow morning

Only a sheet-metal worker's son iirc?

:D

what's the general 'real life' equivalent of relegation?

Erection problems.

I'm sure all Kinnear used to shout was ''Get Back'' and ''Forward'' :nufc:

:(

Fucking hell. I'm impressed with Alan for stepping in and trying to keep us up. Like Obama though he hasn't anything to lose. If we get relegated then clearly it's not his fault, if we stay up he'll be even more of a legend.

:D;):D

:D

I'm still sure this is April Fools!

I've not been in favour at all of Shearer being appointed in the past but i'm chuffed to bits with this. As Nufc.com say, he's more passion in his spit than these fucking London boys.

Right just seen this on the Beeb and had to check this place to make sure before I went to work. I am wary that this is a bad April Fools but its definitely a bolt from the blue if it isnt.

With Wise leaving at the end of the season, providing we can stay up then this could be a right time appointment. I am wary that he's a legend with no managerial experience and Ashley is clearly again trying to capture our hearts like he did with Keegan.

More than anything, I just hope that they learnt the mistakes first time round with Kev and dont mess things up again. This has to be a morale boost for the players especially the likes of Butt, Owen and co. With Shearer on board, we might start to see some of the old guard coming back to coach which can only be a positive.

I havent read all of the thread so apologies if someones already said this....

but get the fuck in! finally some possibility of a change around and move forward.. ;)

now the level headed bit....

Hes only here til the end of the season and I reckon thats all it will be. Shearer wouldnt come here without a guarantee of good money (not huge world record breaking funds but the amounts he knows we need to compete). Shearer is another Keegan he wont be willing to come here and manage the club he loves as a lower mid table also rans.

If we stay up then I reckon he walks away as hes agreed, if we go down however then I think he'll stay to get us back up.

Saying all that, get the fuck in!

now the pessimistic view.

How come now? Rumours abound of administration if we drop and if they are actually true then Ashley now knows hes fucked as they have denied them, any credibility in the business world would be shot to shit if he now did it so hes finally getting his arse into gear to try and keep us up and delay it for a year.

Even then though..... get the fuck in!!!!

:nufc:

My initial reaction to this is too little too late. Had it been done before the Bolton game then we could quite possibly have manage a win against them and Hull and we'd be sitting (relatively) pretty with five more points putting us in 12th two ahead of Hull and the scum and three ahead of Bolton.

However at least it is something that will get the crowd going and hopefully the players too and if there is any long term future in it (in the premiership or championship) then it must surely mean the end of that odious cunt Wise here (I think it looks like we'll be stuck with JFK in some capacity regardless).

Hopefully it will be enough to get us something at Stoke and those three crucial home games as I can't really see us picking much up anywhere else.

At least it's nice to wake up to something positive coming from the club for once!

They better employ extra workers for the ticket office so all the fickle cunts can get tickets for saturday now

Cynical bastard that I can be, you've probably just mentioned the reason that Ashley chose the big man.

Bad ticket sales + Alan Shearer = much better ticket sales