Official Jimbo's TV Confirmation: Alan Shearer: Manager of Newcastle United

Jimbo

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best thing for Shearer really, no expectations now. If we go down it's not his fault and he'll be able to make his own team in the championship, if he does save us then even better.

Makes me wonder how much influence he had over Roeder's team selection/tactics/management when they shared responsibilities.

If this just a panic roll of the dice by them upstairs?

I'm so confused <_<

Mixed feelings. He could ruin his reputation and i'm not sure he has what it takes but out of all the people I want to get it right it'd be him.

I hope he knows what he's doing - in all possible contexts.

Best thing for Shearer really, no expectations now. If we go down it's not his fault and he'll be able to make his own team in the championship, if he does save us then even better.

Makes me wonder how much influence he had over Roeder's team selection/tactics/management when they shared responsibilities.

If this just a panic roll of the dice by them upstairs?

I'm so confused <_<

well...was his presence the only thing that changed between roeder being the man who saved us/got us into europe and the disaster that was the next season?

It's shades of what KK did in 1992 IMO, just a bit later into the season and with our predicament slightly better.

If he does keep us up, I hope to fuck they get him on a decent contract for next season. There's a hell of a lot of work to be done.

Rob Lee in too?

No doubt the droves of mongs will be lining up to be interviewed by Sky Sports. Get some oil money in. :jesus:

Canny choice...champions league next season. Way aye,

why the fuck would he want to manage the club under that regime

Maybe he's realised what the situation is about and that all this regime stuff doesn't matter right now.

Can only think he's genuinely upset at us being relegated and willing to risk it and/or he thinks that this is a no lose situation (I'm not sure that is the case, but it could still be so).

No doubt the droves of mongs will be lining up to be interviewed by Sky Sports. Get some oil money in. :jesus:

There's always an undertone of lingering bitterness in your posts Danny,do you know that? :icon_lol:

Must be shit being a spurs fan, a roller-coaster that goes in a flat straight line <_<

Mixed feelings. He could ruin his reputation and i'm not sure he has what it takes but out of all the people I want to get it right it'd be him.

Not really, seeing as most people think we're down anyway. Similar situation to KK arriving in '92, post-Ozzie.

Can only think he's genuinely upset at us being relegated and willing to risk it and/or he thinks that this is a no lose situation (I'm not sure that is the case, but it could still be so).

I'd agree with this.

There's always an undertone of lingering bitterness in your posts Danny,do you know that? :icon_lol:

Must be shit being a spurs fan, a roller-coaster that goes in a flat straight line <_<

Think what your saying Tom. Really. You were jizzing your pants when Ramos got the push. Oh and 2 cup finals in 2 years?

You need to learn the difference between a roller coaster and a downward slope son.

Not really, seeing as most people think we're down anyway. Similar situation to KK arriving in '92, post-Ozzie.

Well I'm hoping for a similar outcome anyway. <_<