Official Match Thread: Newcastle United Vs Chelsea

Park Life

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any other team and i'd say Keegan 433 style. I just think Chelsea have too much in the centre of the park to leave our midfield so exposed. I agree with 442, with Nolan and Guthrie playing IMO.

Agreed.

I'm just hoping we get a point at least at Stoke. BS (before Shearer), I thought we would have no chance, thus nailing us to relegation certainties. Now I'm hopeful we can get something at Stoke, and even if we don't we can fashion some fighting spirit and performances to avoid the drop.

Chelsea? I'm not too concerned about tbh.

I am cautious to expect too much from this game, but it would be bloody awesome if we could nick a win in Big Al's first game in charge.

Just hope it's not a drubbing, as that might begin to undermine any "Shearer" effect before he has chance to give us a shot at staying up.

Anyone going to take a stab at the team he will pick?

If one/both of Bassong/Saylor fit:

Harper, Beye, Coloccini, Bassong, Enrique, Raylor, Butt, Nolan, Jonas, Martins, Owen.

If both Saylor and Bass out:

Harper, Raylor, Beye, Coloccini, Enrqiue, Duff, Butt, Nolan, Jonas, Martins, Owen.

Anyone going to take a stab at the team he will pick?

If one/both of Bassong/Saylor fit:

Harper, Beye, Coloccini, Bassong, Enrique, Raylor, Butt, Nolan, Jonas, Martins, Owen.

If both Saylor and Bass out:

Harper, Raylor, Beye, Coloccini, Enrqiue, Duff, Butt, Nolan, Jonas, Martins, Owen.

Is Duff fit?

Physioroom reckon he's hamstrung with no return date.

.vom

Monday night's reserve game at SJP saw Danny Guthrie, Cacapa and Xisco all prove their fitness in front of the watching Chris Hughton and they come into contention.

Hughton commented that it would be a "nice surprise" for Steven Taylor (ankle) and/or Sebastien Bassong (groin) to feature against Chelsea, while Andy Carroll (ankle) and Damien Duff (hamstring) are both rated doubtful after withdrawing from international duty.

Joey Barton remains sidelined, while Mark Viduka is "on the comeback trail". Lucky us