Official Match Thread: Newcastle United Vs Chelsea

Park Life

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely appalling. Someone needs to teach Collocini how to defend, and certainly if he plans to keep playing like that then he doesn't deserve to start at all.

Over at Doncaster, LuaLua has provided an assist for their goal.

Disappointing that they royally fucked up on what should have been a goal for us. Would have set up a grandstand finish where the crowd could have really played a part.

Realistically though, that was always the likely result. I'm not sure I like Owen and Martins as a pairing up front, nor Butt and Nolan as a pairing in the middle.

Nolan, Guttierez and Duff/Lovenkrands were all shit - defence aside the complete lack of creativity/chance creation from out midfield is why I still think we're doomed.

We need Viduka and Barton back to have even a small chance imo - and that's too much to ask for as we all know.

When it all comes down to it Chelsea's midfield are/were about 1000 times better than ours.

Add to that that we have one more Coloccini than them and we're pushing shit uphill.

full time.

7 games

we were never getting anything from this game..

I still believe

Maybe, maybe not. It was a stretch to expect a win against them (athough that what I'd expect us to try for) but a loss in this manner is crap. Colo had an awful game and we didnt create enough in midfield.

On the whole though, yeah, we have 7 games to get it sorted; although by the above logic we only have 6 if we discount the loss against the scousers.

The next 3 games will make or break us tbh. If we can get results, then that will give us the confidence for the scousers.

EDIT: I should add, I don't expect a loss against the scousers. We have as much chance as anyone to get a result. They aren't invincible

With hindsight, maybe this was the wrong game to get Shearer back. It's going to be hard to generate that momentum again. I can see how maybe people thought we could get a draw though. Having said that, the next game is away so I can't see the Shearer effect making much difference....then we run out of games I suppose. Ah fuckit.

As I said earlier in the thread when playing Chelsea you're giving them mountains of posession in the middle by playing 442. It's not even worth it in our case as the wide men are cackola.

After all the hoopla that felt incredibly depressing, but in reality we always only had 6 chances to get out of this. I'm discounting Liverpool too. I hope Shearer is stampingbon Damien Duffs balls as I type. I can't stand that cowardly little bastard.

where to begin, well this will do it i guess.

owen. nowhere near good enough.

martins. not effective in a partnership with owen, lacks quality.

butt. too slow, passing game is shit , can't drive the team forward from the base of midfield.

collocini. clearly lacking confidence and mobility, played right into chelseas hands by marking one of the faster players on their team and fucking up in front of him!

Nolan. simply not good enough. can't run things if you can't pass the ball well enough.

gutiirriez. hmmmn a winger that can't cross, often can beat his man, but he WILL be in for crossing training next week.

duff. his favourite colour is yellow. his favourite food is custard. gutless wonder.....

Going to be some talk to get something at Stoke. Their decent home record v our shit away record.

Yes. the mighty Stoke.