Official Match Thread: Newcastle United Vs Chelsea

Park Life

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team:

NUFC: Steve Harper, Ryan Taylor, Jose Enrique, Habib Beye, Fabricio Coloccini, Nicky Butt, Kevin Nolan, Jonas Gutierrez, Peter Lovenkrands, Michael Owen ©, Oba Martins

Subs: Fraser Forster, Danny Guthrie, Damien Duff, Alan Smith, Geremi, David Edgar, Andy Carroll

Pretty happy with that team. Come on Jonas, pull out the performance we need.

Then one looks at their team and the wee wee starts to dribble a little.

Maybe I'm just a pessimist, but I can't see anything other than defeat here.

FFS Taylor - I know Chelsea tower over us but at least have someone available who knows you are going to knock it along the ground >_<

AAAHHH! Taylor has the Newcastle "not beating the first man" curse!

Ryan Taylor's set pieces have been a real let down. Joans started poorly, but has been getting better, and is clearly troubling Chelsea. Shame that lovenkrands got injured. Though maybe Duff will make the most of this chance.

Tense stuff. They've looked dangerous down the left on a few occassions.

It's a mircale that Nicky Butt doesn't have a yellow. He's flung himsefl into so many slide tackles it's not funny. Some he has timed well and made good tackles, the others well the less said about them the better. We're lacking size up front, with Terry and Alex using their sizeable frames to every advantage. I think the key for us is to get behind their right back, who is neither quick or good.

Unfortunately this is a typical Chelsea performance where they win 1-0 - I hope I'm wrong.

Having said that 0-0 wouldn't be the end of the world.

I said to Matt that Taylors set pieces will soon falter and fail. How Shearer must be wishing he could lace up his boots...

Having said that 0-0 wouldn't be the end of the world.

Damn straight it wouldn't. But would be the end of Chelsea's chance at the title.

Edited by OzToonFan

to do it this way... I mean, if Lampard has fired the ball into the back of the net from 30+ yards, fair enough... but to do it this way.

fucking sick of football.

Collo-fucking-cini!!

I can't understand what all the praise is for with regards to him... he's gash and always has been!