Wise has left the building - Official

Christmas Tree

Whilst the bloke is clearly a bellend and I think that he shouldn't have been anywhere near the first team, I think he has done a good job bringing youngsters to the club.

Whilst Bassong is clearly an outstanding find, it might be that the likes of Adjei, Spear, Ranger, Vuckic and Soderburg are equally good.

We also seem to be bringing in a lot more players for trials than in the past. I just hope that this doesn't end, beacuse as a model it is the right way to run a football club.

It was KK that brought him in...

Same as all those youngsters were more than likely spotted by scouts and recommended to the club with Wise having the job to convince them to sign (which he failed with a couple of promising youngsters, like Vokes).

I think Volkes is a different case, he's played 30 times for Wolves this season, he'd have been lucky to make the bench at the toon.

He'd been unlucky not to make the bench this season tbh...

As much as I agree with the policy of acquiriny young talents from all over the world. How successfull this approach is going to be we will only see in a couple of years time as normally only few players actually turn good...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst the bloke is clearly a bellend and I think that he shouldn't have been anywhere near the first team, I think he has done a good job bringing youngsters to the club.

Whilst Bassong is clearly an outstanding find, it might be that the likes of Adjei, Spear, Ranger, Vuckic and Soderburg are equally good.

We also seem to be bringing in a lot more players for trials than in the past. I just hope that this doesn't end, beacuse as a model it is the right way to run a football club.

Same as all those youngsters were more than likely spotted by scouts and recommended to the club with Wise having the job to convince them to sign (which he failed with a couple of promising youngsters, like Vokes).

I think Volkes is a different case, he's played 30 times for Wolves this season, he'd have been lucky to make the bench at the toon.

As much as I agree with the policy of acquiriny young talents from all over the world. How successfull this approach is going to be we will only see in a couple of years time as normally only few players actually turn good...

Too true. There does seem to be a bit of hype though. They're all being talked up as world beaters, who we are pipping Real Madrid to.

dont want to spoil the party but i saw Dennis Wise at Ncle airport at 11.45am this morning and he seemed to be waiting to be collected rather than being dropped off. i may be wrong and i did should a few expletives out of the van window at him, but he certainly didnt seem to be heading out; more like coming in........ sorry; hope i'm wrong

The Sun

Shearer moves to dump Wise

NEWCASTLE boss Alan Shearer is wielding the axe at St James' Park — with Dennis Wise the first casualty.

SunSport understands the Toon legend will move swiftly to get the club in order by removing the unpopular executive director.

Wise, 42, joined the club in January last year for a role in player transfers, scouting and youth development.

But the relationship with the Toon Army turned sour as they dubbed him, along with vice president Tony Jiminez, part of a 'cockney mafia' under club owner Mike Ashley.

Jiminez left Toon last October, while Wise stayed behind to work with new manager Joe Kinnear.

But with Kinnear now recovering from a quadruple heart bypass, Shearer has stepped in to the Newcastle hot seat and instantly rung the changes.

Wise's departure coincides with the appointment of former Crystal Palace boss Iain Dowie, who is set to join Shearer's coaching staff.

It's a policy that only works when you add them to a succesful first team.

Adding a few drops of red wine to a bucket of anti-freeze, just dilutes and ruins the wine. Adding a few drops of anti freeze to a bucket of wine gives you more wine.

Sky Sports saying Wise is still very much employed by Newcastle but is in talks. Rumours of his demise are an overstatement.

Sky Sports saying Wise is still very much employed by Newcastle but is in talks. Rumours of his demise are an overstatement.

He can't be killed. ;)

Not worth worrying about either way until the end of the season in any case so don't let it spoil the news about Shearer coming in.

Not worth worrying about either way until the end of the season in any case so don't let it spoil the news about Shearer coming in.

Quite. Its not like Wise being here or not will make a difference to the performances in the last 8 games.

Quite. Its not like Wise being here or not will make a difference to the performances in the last 8 games.

Hopefully (although who knows what his influence is?).

Still it's not a good thing for the future, nor necessarily a good thing for Shearer and results if he's going to be awkward for a pay off/to keep his job.

I don't think it matters in the short-term and the whole future of the club in the medium to long term depends on these 8 games anyway. Shearer will just chin Wise if he tries to get involved in any case.

I don't think it matters in the short-term and the whole future of the club in the medium to long term depends on these 8 games anyway. Shearer will just chin Wise if he tries to get involved in any case.

;)

Adding a few drops of red wine to a bucket of anti-freeze, just dilutes and ruins the wine. Adding a few drops of anti freeze to a bucket of wine gives you more wine.

Remind me never to come to yours for tea ;)

Remind me never to come to yours for tea :nufc:

Like most things, I learned the trick off the Simpsons...but it's lethal apparently....

http://www.slate.com/id/2103821/

Who knew? ;)

If it wasn't the plan for him to go and it is at Shearer's request then that for me shows that Ashley has finally realised what shit we are in in having to change his plans. It also suggests they want Shearer for longer than this rescue mission.