How shit is Colocinni?

Park Life

a player that "fails" at newcastle (fails in "" because i don't think he's failed at all) is hardly a failed player. we all remember kluivert who didn't exactly set sjp alight, but was arguable one of the most lethal strikers to play the game. although i'm sure many of you think he's worthless.

You are clueless.

Also, why are you correcting other people? Your grammar is hardly at an epitome of greatness.

Correcting a foreigners grammar, is that not the lowest a pedantic cunt can stoop to? :-)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And although he probably shouldn't have given it up that easily, I'm sure it was because he didn't expect it to be coming off the bar. A big mistake, but not pure laziness I'm sure. More just a moment of stupidity.

Oh yes, blame the Newcastle fans, of course. It's easy to support a club like Barcelona, but we pay good money to watch these clowns including Coloccini. I'm sick of comments of a Spanish fan who wants to defend a clown who won't make it in the PL. He may have been a good defender in Spain, but he's too fucking slow and too bloody daft for the Premiership, as simple as that. Take Rozenahl or Cacapa - good players in France, but no good in the Premiership. It's the same with Colo.

Well, and his hair is terrible.

Why abuse the barca fan for telling the truth? It's fucking disgusting the abuse Colocinni is getting. He's fucked up and been plain shit at times, but fucking hell it's the blokes first season here.

Again, look at Vidic in his first season. Or is it a simple case of because Bassong is good that Colocinni has to be the bad guy?

Coloccini = Colon-ninny ?

tbf, I can see the argument regarding our cb's continually getting exposed by our shite midfield. It must be a horrendous position to play in sometimes, with our midfield not having the pace/ability to help out or even prevent the opposition continually 'getting through'.

It's no wonder we're shit when our "fans" turn on our players as quickly as they do.

Our defence is shit because the midfield is shitter.

The midfield offers NO support to the forwards, and NO support to the back four.

Agree to an extent but I still think we should be able to call puff's tackles when we see them.

Why abuse the barca fan for telling the truth? It's fucking disgusting the abuse Colocinni is getting. He's fucked up and been plain shit at times, but fucking hell it's the blokes first season here.

Again, look at Vidic in his first season. Or is it a simple case of because Bassong is good that Colocinni has to be the bad guy?

Bullshit. It's perfectly reasonable to criticise a player for a shite performance, regardless of any circumstances. Playing in this league for 5 seasons isn't going to make him any quicker or stronger. And that's before his shite marking and weak tackling. A 20-odd year old defender is not going to suddenly improve on basic issues. It's like expecting Martins to adapt and become an intelligent footballer. Every foreigner is not going to magically improve in time if they're already fundamentally lacking.

Perhaps its about time we played CoLOLccini in midfield instead of defence.

We've already tried and he wasn't very good.

To be fair he could probably do less damage there :lol:

Bullshit. It's perfectly reasonable to criticise a player for a shite performance, regardless of any circumstances. Playing in this league for 5 seasons isn't going to make him any quicker or stronger. And that's before his shite marking and weak tackling. A 20-odd year old defender is not going to suddenly improve on basic issues. It's like expecting Martins to adapt and become an intelligent footballer. Every foreigner is not going to magically improve in time if they're already fundamentally lacking.

He's a full Argentina international and probably the biggest name (perhaps barring Owen) that we have. I think his credentials are better than you suggest, despite him making a few mistakes this year, he has shown good ability at times. We could always drop him and re-sign Ramage though.

He's a full Argentina international and probably the biggest name (perhaps barring Owen) that we have. I think his credentials are better than you suggest, despite him making a few mistakes this year, he has shown good ability at times. We could always drop him and re-sign Ramage though.

Aye and Boumsong was a full French international when he played for us, it means fuck all.

Like Ewerk says, an international status really means nothing as an indicator of quality. As his performances this season, I don't think he has half the talent that his price tag would suggest. I agree that he looked perfectly composed at the start of the year but, I don't know if it's confidence or what, but as it stands, he's looking like a total liability at centre back and should be dropped when the defence is fully fit. As for the last bit, I definately said that, didn't I?

One thing that's seems clear, IMO, Beye has to play RB. It weakens both positions at RB and CB when he's in the middle.
I'd have him at right-back because Ryan Taylor is so rubbish - otherwise I'd want him paired with Bassong.

That's the point. We don't have a good RB to fill in. And Beye isn't as good at CB as he is at RB. Just makes two weaker positions rather than one.
Better than every centre-back other than Bassong imo, so only really weakens right-back. But yeah, he's a better right-back and Ryan Taylor is just crap so Beye should play right-back.

he's not a bad player when things go for him but i think he needs to be led. the biggest problem as i see it is the defence has no natural leader. his lack of pace and his ability to drop off (i.e. sweep) are assets that actually don't suit our league because space in front of the defence is at a premium, and he falls short in that respect.

the best partnership i've seen is him and bassong this season through the middle. thats saying something because really neither are that good (with the caveat that bassong is ever improving). agree with the comments about beye as well. quality right back. ryan taylor is not fit to lace his boots up.

I'm going to try to address all the issues you guys have brought up in one post.

1.) I'll be sure to capitalize the first word of my sentences from now on. At least everyone could understand what I was trying to say unlike your vomit on the screen.

2.) Yes, Keegan is still regarded as a very good player based on what he did in the past. Obviously he's not a good player now, but that's not the point I was making with Kluivert. I was making the point that even though he's still the record goalscorer for Holland (a very hard feat considering the quality strikers that have come from there), even though he's the fifth highest scorer for Barcelona, I'm sure many of you classify him as a shit player. you don't say "he was shit at newcastle", no you say he was a shit player overall. that's the point i'm trying to make, and i think it's ridiculous.

3.) My being a Barcelona fan has nothing to do with this discussion. You can ask any Deportivo fan, a club much like yourself, and they'll tell you the same thing. Deportivo, having once been one of the best club in Spain, is now reduced to mid-table mediocrity with the occasional flirt with relegation. Sound familiar? Well, you ask any fan from there and they'll have nothing but praise for Coloccini, where he is regarded very very highly. So don't use this shit that I'm a Barcelona fan so for some reason I don't understand things.

4.) So Coloccini is lazy now? I can remember more than one occasion where he's run a long way with the strikers and saved goals. I can remember very solid performances he's made. But based on one fuck-up, you think he's lazy now? Awesome, keep treating your stars with such respect.

5.) If he's so bad, how come four managers now have failed to see that? How come he's started all but one game? If you guys really think he's such a bad player, then drop him to the bench like you do with players that suck. Stop starting him every game then. Sell him in the summer and get someone who doesn't suck then. I'll guarantee you won't find a better way to get yourselves relegated.

6.) How about the rest of you discuss what two posters have supported me on - your midfield is such crap that it overworks the defense and even world class defenders, none of which you have, would look ordinary.

7.) You have every right to point out bad performances after a game. However, calling a world class player worthless, lazy, useless OVERALL, not just for that game, is pretty sad. He's been one of your most consistent performers all season - his starts prove that - but if that's how you treat your stars, man I'd hate to be a worthless player at your club.

8.) Regarding the argument that he gets paid a lot so he should be good, so what, the rest of your players were signed for peanuts? They get paid with lollipops after the game then? Give it a rest, this has nothing to do with it.

Edited by blaugrana909

2.) Yes, Keegan is still regarded as a very good player based on what he did in the past. Obviously he's not a good player now, but that's not the point I was making with Kluivert. I was making the point that even though he's still the record goalscorer for Holland (a very hard feat considering the quality strikers that have come from there), even though he's the fifth highest scorer for Barcelona, I'm sure many of you classify him as a shit player. you don't say "he was shit at newcastle", no you say he was a shit player overall. that's the point i'm trying to make, and i think it's ridiculous.

I don't think anyone here is saying that Kluivert in his prime wasn't a top player.