How shit is Colocinni?

Park Life

Regarding the argument that he gets paid a lot so he should be good, so what, the rest of your players were signed for peanuts? They get paid with lollipops after the game then? Give it a rest, this has nothing to do with it.

So Man City fans can't slag off Robinho, despite his lazy performances this year? Costing £30M+ doesn't mean they should expect him to perform at all.

:lol:

Edited by Happy Face

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2.) Yes, Keegan is still regarded as a very good player based on what he did in the past. Obviously he's not a good player now, but that's not the point I was making with Kluivert. I was making the point that even though he's still the record goalscorer for Holland (a very hard feat considering the quality strikers that have come from there), even though he's the fifth highest scorer for Barcelona, I'm sure many of you classify him as a shit player. you don't say "he was shit at newcastle", no you say he was a shit player overall. that's the point i'm trying to make, and i think it's ridiculous.

I don't think anyone here is saying that Kluivert in his prime wasn't a top player.

Aye I was going to say that too I agree with bits of what you're saying blaugrana but this point you keep pushing is moot, Kluivert was undoubtedly world class but when he came to us he was overweight and uninterested maybe because he'd won everything he wanted I don't know. I'm willing to give Colocinni the benefit of doubt that maybe his confidence is low at the moment but there's no argueing he had a nightmare yeasterday also we can discuss him on here how we want it wont affect his confidence it's not like he reads this :lol: I wasn't at the match but I'm sure he wasn't booed by the fans. the majority of people on here can only judge him from what they have seen of him this season so that's why many are writing him off as shit, maybe he isn't cut out for the league hopefully he will prove he is though.

Kluivert was undoubtedly world class but when he came to us he was overweight and uninterested maybe because he'd won everything he wanted I don't know.

Am I right in thinking that Barca paid a percentage of his wages while he was with us? They were desperate to get rid.

Kluivert was undoubtedly world class but when he came to us he was overweight and uninterested maybe because he'd won everything he wanted I don't know.

Am I right in thinking that Barca paid a percentage of his wages while he was with us? They were desperate to get rid.

Wouldn't suprise me if true I can remember him being on the bench a lot before we got him.

I'm going to try to address all the issues you guys have brought up in one post.

1.) I'll be sure to capitalize the first word of my sentences from now on. At least everyone could understand what I was trying to say unlike your vomit on the screen.

2.) Yes, Keegan is still regarded as a very good player based on what he did in the past. Obviously he's not a good player now, but that's not the point I was making with Kluivert. I was making the point that even though he's still the record goalscorer for Holland (a very hard feat considering the quality strikers that have come from there), even though he's the fifth highest scorer for Barcelona, I'm sure many of you classify him as a shit player. you don't say "he was shit at newcastle", no you say he was a shit player overall. that's the point i'm trying to make, and i think it's ridiculous.

3.) My being a Barcelona fan has nothing to do with this discussion. You can ask any Deportivo fan, a club much like yourself, and they'll tell you the same thing. Deportivo, having once been one of the best club in Spain, is now reduced to mid-table mediocrity with the occasional flirt with relegation. Sound familiar? Well, you ask any fan from there and they'll have nothing but praise for Coloccini, where he is regarded very very highly. So don't use this shit that I'm a Barcelona fan so for some reason I don't understand things.

4.) So Coloccini is lazy now? I can remember more than one occasion where he's run a long way with the strikers and saved goals. I can remember very solid performances he's made. But based on one fuck-up, you think he's lazy now? Awesome, keep treating your stars with such respect.

5.) If he's so bad, how come four managers now have failed to see that? How come he's started all but one game? If you guys really think he's such a bad player, then drop him to the bench like you do with players that suck. Stop starting him every game then. Sell him in the summer and get someone who doesn't suck then. I'll guarantee you won't find a better way to get yourselves relegated.

6.) How about the rest of you discuss what two posters have supported me on - your midfield is such crap that it overworks the defense and even world class defenders, none of which you have, would look ordinary.

7.) You have every right to point out bad performances after a game. However, calling a world class player worthless, lazy, useless OVERALL, not just for that game, is pretty sad. He's been one of your most consistent performers all season - his starts prove that - but if that's how you treat your stars, man I'd hate to be a worthless player at your club.

8.) Regarding the argument that he gets paid a lot so he should be good, so what, the rest of your players were signed for peanuts? They get paid with lollipops after the game then? Give it a rest, this has nothing to do with it.

I don't have a problem with most of what you say, but what I will say is this, your point about Kluivert is blunted by the fact Kluivert was had declined enormously so much so that Barca seemed delighted that he was moving on, and had lost his hunger for football but sadly not for other distractions, and this stints at PSV and Lille also validate that point. Also I don't think you can make a Carte-Blanche decision about players based on their performance in a foreign league, the English Premier League is a very different animal from La Liga, we judge Coloccini based on his performances for Newcastle United, he was a cracking player for Deportivo, as was Boumsong in League Une in France, ability doesn't always translate in football.

Does our defence suffer as a result of our shite midfield ? absolutely, with players like Butt who have been one of the main culprits when it comes to losing posetion, had their holding skills been better, and more importantly they have lacked the creative spark to drive forward and generate passes or indeed goals themselves this season which is arguable as much as contributing factor in our poor performance this season.

Coloccini is the worst defender in the premiership....anyone who thinks differently hasnt been watching.

i have no idea how he has maintained a starting role all season.

yeah, there has been a lot of injuries, and you guys all bitch and whine about ashley, but the single biggest reason that newcastle are on the brink of relegation is coloccini....he is the cause of at least one goal per game....just off the top of my head i can think of 4 or 5 games where he alone cost the team at least 2 points.

i have thought that he has stood out as an absolute disaster since the first few games of the season....it doesnt matter what he has done in the past...go back and look at the games played this year...he has been the specific cause of so many goals it is unbelievable....

put him on the bench and play with 10 men and the side would be improved.

Coloccini is the worst defender in the premiership....anyone who thinks differently hasnt been watching.

yeah, there has been a lot of injuries, and you guys all bitch and whine about ashley, but the single biggest reason that newcastle are on the brink of relegation is coloccini....he is the cause of at least one goal per game....just off the top of my head i can think of 4 or 5 games where he alone cost the team at least 2 points.

i have thought that he has stood out as an absolute disaster since the first few games of the season....it doesnt matter what he has done in the past...go back and look at the games played this year...he has been the specific cause of so many goals it is unbelievable....

Uh.. I dont now what to say tbh. He has been rather bad but not THIS bad.

Bassong and Taylor hopefully from now on, have the floppy haired clown put down

..........I'm always right in the end.

Taylor and Bassong it is.

:lol:

Colloccini isn't a shit player but he looks completely shot of confidence and cannot play as the left side centre half so he is at the moment looking shit.

If they are both fit I would be playing Taylor and Bassong on Saturday (if only one of them is fit I would seriously consider playing Beye at centreback ahead of him at the moment).

Colloccini isn't a shit player but he looks completely shot of confidence and cannot play as the left side centre half so he is at the moment looking shit.

If they are both fit I would be playing Taylor and Bassong on Saturday (if only one of them is fit I would seriously consider playing Beye at centreback ahead of him at the moment).

no, he isn't shit, but isn't as good as Bassong and Taylor, especially against a team like Stoke this weekend. I agree if one of them can't make it, then Beye has to play centre half this weekend.

I think he can do better, but I'm not sure if he will, or that he is up to the premiership. He's not the first and he won't be the last. He's physically not up to it, he's exposed for pace too often, he tries to play the ball around too much and is caught out like yesterday, and his confidence is shot to bits.

No matter how good Coloccini has been in the past, its the here and now that counts and he simply isnt good enough, theres been mistakes made all around this season and he has been major culprit of the ones at the back, all in all this season he hasnt been TERRIBLE, but certainly not cut out for the premier league and not worth anywhere near his 10 million price tag.

At this moment in time i'd say Taylor & Bassong at CB, but then again we all said the same things about Taylor when he was in the centre of defense, IMO hes better at right back where he is under less pressure, he certainly does seem to the lesser of two evils though.

Are Taylor and Bassong back for Stoke? And would you rather see Cacapa in the centre than Coloccini? Is he on par or worse than Cacapa do you think.

We just seem to be a graveyard for good players careers. :lol:

Just because Coloccini is having a nightmare at the moment doesn't all of a sudden make Taylor a competent central defender.

I think all central defenders perform better with better players in front of them mate, that goes for Taylor, Colocinni and Bassong. But Colocinni is really struggling, his lack of pace and attempts to play too much football worry me a lot. I like centre halfs that stand tall, Colocinni did it in his first game, but has hardly done it at all since.

Against a team like Stoke, 2 from 3 of Taylor, Bassong or Beye seems the best option.

Just because Coloccini is having a nightmare at the moment doesn't all of a sudden make Taylor a competent central defender.

I think all central defenders perform better with better players in front of them mate, that goes for Taylor, Colocinni and Bassong. But Colocinni is really struggling, his lack of pace and attempts to play too much football worry me a lot. I like centre halfs that stand tall, Colocinni did it in his first game, but has hardly done it at all since.

Against a team like Stoke, 2 from 3 of Taylor, Bassong or Beye seems the best option.

I agree that Coloccini is really struggling, no doubt about that. It just doesn't all of a sudden mean Taylor also isn't a liability at centre half.

I agree that Coloccini is really struggling, no doubt about that. It just doesn't all of a sudden mean Taylor also isn't a liability at centre half.

I agree with both of you there but I would say that Colloccini's shot confidence probably makes him the biggest liability at the minute. Taylor has actually been playing well recently even if it has been out of the middle. Looking at these two points Taylor would definitely get my vote.

Taylor and Coloccini both struggle to mark opposing players. Though Taylor is more physical and puts his body on the line. Taylor is also quicker - not because he is anything even approaching fast, but because Coloccini is just so slow (he looks like he's jogging most of the time while opposing players glide by easily).

Makes you wonder how other players would perform in Spain, not saying its a bad league but their style may be more succesful over there.

Shola has no pace but is fairly strong (some will laugh but he can be, I remember Sol Campbell saying how much of a handful he was against Arsenal once due to his physical nature :lol:).

Ok he still can't pass, shoot or stay onside but he might be a bit better over there is players like Colocinni are up to the physical challenge.

He's been one of your most consistent performers all season - his starts prove that - but if that's how you treat your stars, man I'd hate to be a worthless player at your club.

Sorry mate but that's rubbish, how often have you seen us play this season? Bar a few decent games at the start of the season he has been awful.

This post has gone a long way to me changing my mind about Canadians. :lol:

no, he isn't shit, but isn't as good as Bassong and Taylor, especially against a team like Stoke this weekend. I agree if one of them can't make it, then Beye has to play centre half this weekend.

I think he can do better, but I'm not sure if he will, or that he is up to the premiership. He's not the first and he won't be the last. He's physically not up to it, he's exposed for pace too often, he tries to play the ball around too much and is caught out like yesterday, and his confidence is shot to bits.

Colo musn't play against Stoke. Beye/Tayls and Bassong in the middle.

He was in the La Liga team of the season last year..........hard to believe I know.

It's a league of multi-passing, dawdling on the ball and back fours have a lot more time to make decisions.

I still wouldn't let Taylor anywhere near centre half. His better performances have came from right back and I would be tempted to leave him there and Beye in the middle with Bassong...