The Lack Of 'Class' In The So-Called Top Four

Tooj

Was thinking of this after the match today the lack of class that these teams now show is disgraceful. Chelsea today were a bunch of dirty, play acting and downright disrespectful. Which sadly is now what you come to expect when playing up against a team of this caliber.

I'm probably looking at things with slight rose-tinted spectacles of course, but when we were challenging for honours I don't remember our players diving all over the place, hassling referees, using sly fouls all of the time.

I know we had hard plays like Batty, and later on we had Bellamy as well. But overall our managers during that time period made our players play with honour and respect, something you seldom see now from the so-called top players of today.

As much as I would like to make a more delegative opinion your spot on.

Same as Liverpool this year, dirty, cheating, opportunist bastards.

Sir Bobby says in an interview quoted on another thread "If you can't run, you can't play in the Premiership".

For me that is a damning indictment of the premiership, and is the reason why La Liga is a superior league to watch. The PL is all about fitness, running into gaps and closing down space quickly. There is far more quality in terms of viewing in Spain, but the Premierships pace, power and conditioning overcomes La Liga's technical excellence most times in direct competition.

As a viewer and a football fan, La Liga is for me streets ahead of the Prem.

Well, Chelsea are a dirty bunch of cunts, but I haven't really a problem with teams like Arsenal. Arsène Wenger is a honourable man and wants his players to play with respect.

Obviously the players of the Top 4 clubs know that refs tend to favour 'bigger' teams and try to get an advantage through diving etc. which is disgraceful. But there's nothing we can do about it. Returning into the Top 4 is the only way... :lol:

Edited by KingKev

Well, Chelsea are a dirty bunch of cunts, but I haven't really a problem with teams like Arsenal. Arsène Wenger is a honourable man and wants his players to play with respect.

Obviously the players of the Top 4 clubs know that refs tend to favour 'bigger' teams and try to get an advantage through diving etc. which is disgraceful. But there's nothing we can do about it. Returning into the Top 4 is the only way... :razz:

:lol: Gerraway man. The play-acting from Arsenal is despicable man, Eboue being the main culprit of course. But Fabregas is an absolute jock-strap as well.

To be honest when you go to see a game against most top four teams it's spoilt either by biased refereeing or cheating twats and added to that they can normally play us of the field without having to cheat.

Obviously the players of the Top 4 clubs know that refs tend to favour 'bigger' teams and try to get an advantage through diving etc. which is disgraceful. But there's nothing we can do about it. Returning into the Top 4 is the only way... :razz:

:lol: Gerraway man. The play-acting from Arsenal is despicable man, Eboue being the main culprit of course. But Fabregas is an absolute jock-strap as well.

But not the whole team like Chelsea. Liverpool & them are a bunch of bastards, not Arsenal.

EDIT: Van Persie just crossed my mind - forgot about him.

I agree but I'd guess a neutral would say we had Ginola and Robert who could be defined as divers/professional without the benefit of black & white eyes - or even Shearer.

Looking back in history Leeds under Revie and the 80s Liverpool team were both teams full of cunts as well so you can't play the modern/foreign card that easily either.

In fact it could be argued our failure has been lack of "professionalism" when we had good teams.

They were like it against us, especially Lampard, everyone bangs on about the English players being more honest but Lampard and Gerrard love to go down a bit easily.

As for Arsene Wenger and Arsenal, King Kev hasn't got a scooby. He has presided over some of the biggest divers this country has ever seen: Pires, Vieira, Cole, Eboue all have taken horrific dives.

And Fabregas is the most classless cunt of the lot.

Footballers are, for the most part, horrible arrogant spoilt bell ends.

They were like it against us, especially Lampard, everyone bangs on about the English players being more honest but Lampard and Gerrard love to go down a bit easily.

As for Arsene Wenger and Arsenal, King Kev hasn't got a scooby. He has presided over some of the biggest divers this country has ever seen: Pires, Vieira, Cole, Eboue all have taken horrific dives.

Pretty much.

I feel unclean now agreeing with Danny :lol:

So what club do you play your football at?

Remind me again why you don't support Arsenal like the rest of your lot?

"Me's gonna be Thierre Henry innit"

The rest of your lot? what lot would that be then?

North London Asians under the age of 25.

Ahhh I see racial sterotyping cool, or it could refer to 95% of North London based football fans.

Ahhh I see racial sterotyping cool, or it could refer to 95% of North London based football fans.

You couldn't be more wrong peasepud.

Its generally the glory hunting kids / sky sports supporters / foreigners, who I don't wan't round my club anyway.

Like Arsenal they have very little affiliation or regard for this country.

Its generally the glory hunting kids / sky sports supporters / foreigners, who I don't wan't round my club anyway.

Ahhh gotcha, Spurs being a fine example of everything British of course. :lol:

British owner, British Manager, Hutton, King, Dawson, Woodgate, Bale, Lennon, Huddlestone, Jenas, O'Hara, Bent, Defoe.

You're such a dick.

British owner, British Manager, Hutton, King, Dawson, Woodgate, Bale, Lennon, Huddlestone, Jenas, O'Hara, Bent, Defoe.

You're such a dick.

You know a lot about dicks do you?

You're such a dick.

You know a lot about dicks do you?

Well thought out.

You're such a dick.

Says the lad arguing against asians and women on another clubs message board :lol:

You're such a dick.

Says the lad arguing against asians and women on another clubs message board :lol:

I'm not anti asian or anti women. I just feel that when a women goes to football she is denying a man a seat but I suppose that doesn't apply in the case of Newcastle.

Edited by Danny B

You're such a dick.

I'm not anti asian or anti women. I just feel that when a women goes to football she is denying a man a seat but I suppose that doesn't apply in the case of Newcastle.

I bet you wear gor blimey trousers n'all.