Goal of the season.

Flair

Why would I be bitter, Vela (also Arsenal) was better.

This tops the lot though.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1941068/davi...al_on_29_10_08/

Good goal, what a dreadful signing he was though. I was only thinking earlier, about how much more Spurs have spent than Arsenal since Wenger took over. As a matter of fact the net spend of the big four over the last 5 years is Chelsea (154 million) Man U (85 million) Liverpool (82 million) and Arsenal is just 3.4 million! In fact, if you were to take the recent luxury signing of Arshavin out of the equation they'd be in profit by around ten million. Even we've spent less than Spurs over the last ten years...

Why would I be bitter, Vela (also Arsenal) was better.

This tops the lot though.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1941068/davi...al_on_29_10_08/

Good goal, what a dreadful signing he was though. I was only thinking earlier, about how much more Spurs have spent than Arsenal since Wenger took over. As a matter of fact the net spend of the big four over the last 5 years is Chelsea (154 million) Man U (85 million) Liverpool (82 million) and Arsenal is just 3.4 million! In fact, if you were to take the recent luxury signing of Arshavin out of the equation they'd be in profit by around ten million. Even we've spent less than Spurs over the last ten years...

Wow, thats a shocking lack of knowledge. Arsenal spend 40 million on virtually a new youth squad 3-4 seasons ago now but because they are all youth players it for some reason doesn't count in these misleading figures.

Also our net spend is nowhere near the likes of United, Chelsea or Liverpool.

If you consider the profit we turned on Carrick: 15m (3-18); Keane: 13m (7-20) and Berbatov: 20m (10-30m) you can see we operate without spending vast sums.

Yes there will be some expensive flops: Bentley, Bent, Kaboul but tell me a manager that hasn't bought the odd pup. If Wenger had turned the kind of profits we have lately, the old genius tag would be trotted out again.

the problem is that in order to strengthen the team in general we are having to sell the crown jewels and that is where the system falls down.

For a team full of £12-15mil players you are in a horrendous league position.

Bent

Modric

Bentley

Keane

Roman

Palacious

Defoe

Not to mention the rest that were getting on for £10mil each

Woodgate

Hutton

Corluka

Bale

etc

etc

At least when Newcastle were splashing that sort of cash we had some champions league football to enjoy.

Weve finished 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th.

How does Spurs record compare?