Footage shows G20 death man push

Fop

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like I was right.

"Knapton said there was a plausible biological explanation for stress being a trigger. Stress is associated with a surge of the "fight or flight" hormone adrenaline, which causes blood to be diverted around the body and puts an extra strain on the heart."

If it hadn't been that it would have been Ukraine's equaliser.

Probably tongue in cheek I know but that's essentially correct, he would have died from a generalised reaction to stress. That wouldn't happen in a healthy person.

It is quite possible to get through life without getting stressed to the point of an unprovoked violent assault, I guess even you must have gone a week without one, eh? :mellow:

Fwiw Fop of course I think the police have a case to answer. But you're assertion what has happened is akin to manslaughter is typically doolally.

Fwiw Fop of course I think the police have a case to answer. But you're assertion what has happened is akin to manslaughter is typically doolally.

It would be interesting to see if any "civilian" assaults which produced stress-related heart attacks led to more serious charges.

Looks like I was right.

"Knapton said there was a plausible biological explanation for stress being a trigger. Stress is associated with a surge of the "fight or flight" hormone adrenaline, which causes blood to be diverted around the body and puts an extra strain on the heart."

If it hadn't been that it would have been Ukraine's equaliser.

Probably tongue in cheek I know but that's essentially correct, he would have died from a generalised reaction to stress. That wouldn't happen in a healthy person.

It is quite possible to get through life without getting stressed to the point of an unprovoked violent assault, I guess even you must have gone a week without one, eh? :mellow:

It's completely correct, just whether it's provable* in court is a different issue. It's no different to someone maybe having a arterial weakness which gives (and leads to a fatal bleed) on a very minor blow/knock (or even under such stress too).

*rention on "proof", "reasonable doubt" & "the colour of the carpet" excepted

Don't get me wrong I think the police officer involved will get off scott-free, I just don't think they should.

If it's not provable in court it isn't 'manslaughter' given that's a term which applies specifically to criminal charges.

It would be interesting to see if any "civilian" assaults which produced stress-related heart attacks led to more serious charges.

This is basically the taser dilemma; you're not allowed to have one because it's a "potentially lethal" weapon (which it is) which can kill in several ways including a manner very similar to this incident (as well as being deemed as assault and torture).

But it's ok for the police to use them in very minor and unnecessary circumstances, because then it is "non-lethal" (even if it kills someone).

:mellow:

This is basically the taser dilemma; you're not allowed to have one because it's a "potentially lethal" weapon (which it is) which can kill in several ways including a manner very similar to this incident (as well as being deemed as assault and torture).

But it's ok for the police to use them in very minor and unnecessary circumstances, because then it is "non-lethal" (even if it kills someone).

;)

Just the sound of the things is enough to make one jump out of yer skin! :mellow:

If it's not provable in court it isn't 'manslaughter' given that's a term which applies specifically to criminal charges.

Absolutely true, but just because someone gets away with it doesn't make it "right".

Remember:

ANY SIMILARITY BETWEEN LAW AND JUSTICE IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL

Absolutely true, but just because someone gets away with it doesn't make it "right".

Remember:

You brought manslaughter up, not me.

Remember:

Aye, because it is that level of culpability, even if it wouldn't be deemed so in court.

You can pedant about it all you want, but you know what Fop means. :mellow:

I was going to reply but it's a bit pointless really, life's too short.

Fop, I really can't tell if you are a wum or actually mentally deranged, that's the honest truth.

Remember:

Aye, because it is that level of culpability, even if it wouldn't be deemed so in court.

You can pedant about it all you want, but you know what Fop means. ;)

Says the bloke who's just pulled me up on a typo :mellow:

I don't know what you mean exactly tbh. I think the police are in the wrong but you're saying it's manslaughter yet at the same time suggesting that wouldn't stand up in a court of law. Forgive me but I can't see how that isn't a contradiction.

Good point. They look after their own without a doubt.

Remember:

You can pedant about it all you want, but you know what Fop means. <_<

Says the bloke who's just pulled me up on a typo ;)

Lost your sense of humour already I see - it's one of those days for you, clearly. <_<

I don't know what you mean exactly tbh. I think the police are in the wrong but you're saying it's manslaughter yet at the same time suggesting that wouldn't stand up in a court of law. Forgive me but I can't see how that isn't a contradiction.

If someone clearly kills someone else in cold blood, but gets away with it legally on a technicality is that ok?

If you think it is, then yes you don't have a clue what Fop is talking about. :mellow:

If you think it is not, then you do. :aye:

Funny how the copper hasn't come forward yet and his colleagues seem clueless as to his identity.

He has actually, was on the news this morning.

Slight Fair play to him although I'd also ask why they are allowed to wear scarves as masks very much a la protesteors which he was.

Funny how the copper hasn't come forward yet and his colleagues seem clueless as to his identity.

He has actually, was on the news this morning.

Given they'd visually identified several of the police that were there by then, he didn't actually have much choice.

Good point. They look after their own without a doubt.

Maybe a lawyer on here can say if there's any precedent for this? I'm vaguely aware there have been similar cases but no successful convictions.

For me anyway, the important point is the amount of force used, not the consequences, which iirc is basically how the law works. It seemed unecessary in this case but not massively excessive.

Not sure if you're deliberately ignoring the differentiation made in law over such matters but without blindly showing absolute faith to the ability of the UK legal system to get everything correct, I think it's a good thing that that differentiation exists. I don't think terms like 'clearly kills someone else in cold blood' are particularly helpful to the debate either.

Edit: answer to post 120.

Edited by alex