Official Match Thread: Stoke 1-1 Newcastle United

JawD

yes, beattie and fuller strike fear into the hearts of opposing defenders don't they?

So, your idea of success is replacing good strikers with average ones to compensate for a poor midfield? Nutcase.

my idea of success is SELLING good strikers, using the money to buy GOOD midfielders that can dribble, keep possession, and pass, and use average strikers because when your midfield is creating 10 chances a game, chances are 1 or 2 of them will go in. not very hard to understand. or you could have world class strikers with nobody to supply them and just hope and pray they get 1 lucky chance and they put away, which is what you're doing.

So, then you'd be left with a midfield to create chances but nobody to put them away? THIS IS A STUPID IDEA. Either you live in some sort of fantasy land where you assume that more chances will always = more goals, despite the strikers getting these chances or you assume that poor strikers have their striking game improved by simply having a decent midfield behind them. This is either incredible, post-modern footballing analysis or you're off your fucking head.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martins with a groin injury.

Personally feel theres fuck all wrong with him and something has obviously happened beforehand, he had a face like a smacked arse.

Seriously, were not stupid, we have actually watched Newcastle this season and there lack of supply is obvious you tit.

Lol @ your theory, bellend!

Who was that aimed at? :lol:

The Spanish tosser!

:lol:

Edit: I think it was actually Edgar's man.

edgar was stuck to his man 5 yards away...watch the replay...there were 3 players standing around.

terrible call though.

Then it may have been Bassong, it was one of the two.

Was Shola's man. The useless donkey practically broke away from Faye as though he was trying to get into space. Edgar's not really done anything wrong, but there's plenty of others in the team that have stepped in to make up for it.

Butt, Nolan and Guthrie have all been completely useless. Noone is moving around trying to get into space, and consequently any bit of posession we have is spent passing the ball between defenders and occassionally a midfielder until Stoke can apply enough pressure that we have to lump another useless ball forward.

when we get the ball down we're retaining possession and if we can just gain a little patience we could open them up a bit. They've created nothing that didn't involve humping the ball into the box... they can't do that if we've got the ball. I know it's counter-intuitive, but I reckon we need to slow things down, start passing the ball even if it's just between centre halves.

Shola is providing half of nothing and because of his ineptitude Owen hasn't had a sniff. Taylor is fucking dire, I'd bring Jonas on for him now.

fucking hell this is depressing shit.

the skysports ticker has newcastle with 63% of the possession through the first half.

shola take that fucking lead out your boots and fuck off you waste me fucking space

We get the idea! :lol:

Have you got a point you little prick?

whos that directed at? :D

Well it was at Attain, but now...

Martins with a groin injury.

Personally feel theres fuck all wrong with him and something has obviously happened beforehand, he had a face like a smacked arse.

Seriously, were not stupid, we have actually watched Newcastle this season and there lack of supply is obvious you tit.

Lol @ your theory, bellend!

Who was that aimed at? :lol:

The Spanish tosser!

Ah :lol:

I read what I put twice thinking "what the fuck did I say?"

shola take that fucking lead out your boots and fuck off you waste me fucking space

We get the idea! :lol:

:D

Have you got a point you little prick?

whos that directed at? :D

Well it was at Attain, but now...

RAAARRGGHHH :lol:

Edit: I think it was actually Edgar's man.

edgar was stuck to his man 5 yards away...watch the replay...there were 3 players standing around.

terrible call though.

Then it may have been Bassong, it was one of the two.

edgar's man ran towards the corner and he followed him until he was out of danger, when edgar let him go to retreat...by then the ball was at the far side of the goal....three men standing around the man with little effort...

seriously though...we need some creativity forward.

when we get the ball down we're retaining possession and if we can just gain a little patience we could open them up a bit. They've created nothing that didn't involve humping the ball into the box... they can't do that if we've got the ball. I know it's counter-intuitive, but I reckon we need to slow things down, start passing the ball even if it's just between centre halves.

Shola is providing half of nothing and because of his ineptitude Owen hasn't had a sniff. Taylor is fucking dire, I'd bring Jonas on for him now.

fucking hell this is depressing shit.

the skysports ticker has newcastle with 63% of the possession through the first half.

That's not a good indicator, because possession is changing hands so quickly it's hard to say that we've had meaningful possession. If (for example) we string together over 15 passes then I'd say we had a good amount of possession.

I don't think that is anywhere near accurate. Even if it was though 70% of the game is being played in our defensive half.

Do you get the feeling Al would not been seen dead with one of those contraptions stuck on the side of his heed