Official Match Thread: Stoke 1-1 Newcastle United

JawD

Yeah I also think it's going to be a draw.

There's a few important games today that we need to go our way. (mostly our own however)

1245 BST KICK-OFF

Liverpool v Blackburn

1500 BST KICK-OFFS

Chelsea v Bolton

Middlesbrough v Hull

Portsmouth v West Brom

Sunderland v Man Utd

Tottenham v West Ham

Wigan v Arsenal

1730 BST KICK-OFF

Stoke v Newcastle

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather nervous about this one like...

SSN showed the height difference between the two sides, and those Delap throw-ins now look even more threatening, praying that Bassong will start.

I fancy the 4-3-3 option, with Carroll being the target man, hopefully on the flank Beye and Guti work well.

Prediction: 0-3, confident after watching Rovers match.

Owen (2) and Martins, and its Setanta and we all know how shit they are. Mute button is compulsory!

Edited by ChriszyD

SSN showed the height difference between the two sides, and those Delap throw-ins now look even more threatening, praying that Bassong will start.

I fancy the 4-4-3 option, with Carroll being the target man, hopefully on the flank Beye and Guti work well.

Prediction: 0-3, rather confident.

Owen (2) and Martins, and its Setanta and we all know how shit they are. Mute button is compulsory!

be handy if we could sneak an extra man on like

I fancy the 4-4-3 option, with Carroll being the target man, hopefully on the flank Beye and Guti work well.

:lol:

Perhaps Chris Foy could help like, we've won our two away games when he's been in charge.

Why not, we play with 10 every week anyway with Coloccini starting.

1-2 to us. We can do it! :lol:

I'm gonna go with 2-2. These long throws are going to kill us.

Stoke have been good at home this season only losing to Man-U, Everton and Arsenal I think. Where as we've been completly shite all together.

Definetly see us conceeding more than one today, hope i'm wrong though.

Its not a case of I think we can, or I hope we do its a MUST win game.

This in my opinion is by far the most important of all the upcoming games we have, Stoke are above us by 4-5 points we have to win today to reduce the gap, if they do win, thats championship football for us next season.

At the moment the Stoke match will kick-off with us sitting in 19th place. I've got this as a must win if we're going to stay up. Given how shite we are it's a bloody tough ask.

Nervous as hell.

Hate that I am at work when we kick off...Meh, hoping a friend can give us regular updates, but I'm going to be fucking pissed off if we lose and so the customers shouldn't expect me to be all smiley >_>

Anyone know of some sort of text service that doesn't cost so much so I can get updates from the game delivered to my phone?

A friend at the match? :lol:

Unfortunately with my close proximity to Manchester, the majority of my friends chose to go with the Glory of United :lol: I just like being different, and had an influential Geordie babysitter at the time of finally deciding who to support ...Looking back now, why the fuck didn't I choose United too? Mind you, I'm sure it wouldn't have been as fun!

Might just end up putting SSN on the TV in the Staff Room upstairs and then keep going for 'toilet breaks'

EAMS

SCFC: Thomas Sorensen, Andy Wilkinson, Danny Higginbotham, Ryan Shawcross, Abdoulaye Faye, Liam Lawrence, Rory Delap, Glen Whelan, Matthew Etherington, Ricardo Fuller, James Beattie

Subs: Steve Simonsen, Seyi Olofinjana, Richard Creswell, Danny Pugh, Stephen Kelly, Michael Tongue, Ibrahima Sonko

NUFC: Steve Harper, David Edgar, Ryan Taylor, Sebastien Bassong, Habib Beye, Nicky Butt, Kevin Nolan, Danny Guthrie, Damien Duff, Shola Ameobi, Michael Owen

Subs: Fabricio Coloccini, Alan Smith, Jonas Gutierrez, Geremi, Andy Carroll, Tim Krul, Nile Ranger