One Mr. Nolan

White

From a curious BWFC supporter, I'm wondering how you feel our former "Mr Bolton" has performed since his January move (stoopid challenges leading to blatant red cards aside...)?

We at Bolton have felt for the past 2 seasons that he's lacking a certain something, definitely not the player he was. What do you lot think?

Cheers, and good luck for your battle against the Dreaded Drop.

icon_lol.gif im sure I said this the day he signed and got laughed off the board

Actually nobody laughed, you were largely ignored. :mellow:

We needed him desperately as we had only Butt fit in the centre IIRC.

So I think most people were 'he's decent but he'll do''

He's been shit so far. It's patently fitness with him - as SBR said, if you can't run you can't play in the Premier League. He'll never be a top player but he could be decent enough if he could get round the pitch. It's a disgrace really that players paid what they're paid can't even fulfill the basic requirement of being in the best physical condition possible to do their job. Shearer places great emphasis on professionalism and Dowie is known to be a stickler for fitness; I imagine Mr Nolan might find training a fair bit tougher than previously in the coming weeks.

He has been a big disappointment, nobody was expecting a world beater and we knew that his form of the last 2 years or so was nothing like he'd been before that, but he's offered nothing so far.

This. It just shows how bad our midfield has been that we even considered him let alone that a lot (me included) were pretty happy with us signing him.

It's a disgrace how much our midfield has been ignored since Robson was sacked. The most important position in the team (Liverpool are in contention for the league and champions league mainly because of one great midfielder) and we've had five managers who haven't addressed it. That's as big a reason why our team is so shit as anything else!

Most pleasing noises to come from the club lately is Big Al saying about the need to improve the supply to the strikers. About fucking time someone running the club stopped being oblivious to this. I was expecting us to sell Duff/Jonas in the summer and sign a couple more big tackling defensive-type midfielders. Realistically we need two new wingers and a creative central player, who I'd play with Barton. Nolan can rot.

He has been a big disappointment, nobody was expecting a world beater and we knew that his form of the last 2 years or so was nothing like he'd been before that, but he's offered nothing so far.

This. It just shows how bad our midfield has been that we even considered him let alone that a lot (me included) were pretty happy with us signing him.

It's a disgrace how much our midfield has been ignored since Robson was sacked. The most important position in the team (Liverpool are in contention for the league and champions league mainly because of one great midfielder) and we've had five managers who haven't addressed it. That's as big a reason why our team is so shit as anything else!

Its shocking isn't it. The 'experts' always bang on about great teams being built on defences but really, look at any title winning side and you can guarentee a quality midfield especially the two in the middle.

Also i bet Big Al can't believe that with Enrique injured he hasn't got a single out and out LB available as cover!

Shocking player. Doesn't take responsibilty on the ball, gets it and moves it 5 yards.

He's a prick for getting that red card too. Guthrie/Butt/Barton are all better than him, and none of those are particularly good either.