autographs

tommo

IIRC the club usually do a few autograph sessions a year. Send them what you want signed and they will return it to you. I think they stopped doing in at the training ground because people were going every day and sticking it straight on ebay. A mate of mine (think it may have been Flintoff off here) had his mate send off a Real Madird shirt to the Bernabeu and Milan shirt to the San Siro and they both came back fully signed.

anyone collect them ?

wheres the best place to get newcastle players autpgraphs from ?

I've got an old book full from when I was a kid, prize one being Jackie Milburn on one side and Gazza on the other, remember my dad taking me up to Jackie as the players were coming out for a pre match warm up when they had the temporary changing rooms at the corner where the Leazes joined the East Stand whilst they were developing the Milburn Stand. Gazza ran past and Jackie stopped him and told him to sign my book and advised me not to follow Gazza's example!

Sammy Ameobi was stood next to me on the metro this morning, was tempted to push him under the train just in case he ends up like his brother :mellow:

I bet even if you tried he'd have missed.

I bowled up at the team training session in Katrineholm, Sweden (where my mother's side of the family is from) during the club's pre-season tour in 1988 for the sole purpose of pestering everyone for their autograph. Got me on the front page of the local newspaper and everything. (Hey, it's a small town.) Looking at the book now, apparently I asked some of them several times. :mellow:

Mirandinha's is a particularly pleasing lazy squiggle.

I have a framed pic autographed by KK. Got it for my birthday when I was about 10, i.e. when he was here as a player. The person knew someone who worked at the brewery. Also got given a poster off the same person which had the full squads' autographs - Kevin Carr, Neil McDonald, Pedro, Waddler, Kenny Wharton et al (inc KK and Arthur Cox). Wish I still had the poster.

Blackburn reserves play at a Football ground near me, and I went down when Newcastle Res. were playing there. Stayed round the back afterwards and got signatures from the likes of Bellamy, Carl Cort, Chopra, Bassedas, and Steve Harper.

Other than Newcastle, I have David Beckham and Alex Ferguson lay around somewhere.

I have a book full of Autographs from the late 80s. I was in the East Paddock for a while and the players always came over and signed autographs during the warm ups.

Almost forgot... I've got a signed NUFC 'caser' from the 88-89 season. Fuck me there's some dreadful players signatures on that... :mellow:

I have a book full of Autographs from the late 80s. I was in the East Paddock for a while and the players always came over and signed autographs during the warm ups.

Weren't you a ballboy too? I'm starting to think you're the "insider" we've had to suffer in the press for the last [x] seasons. :mellow:

Almost forgot... I've got a signed NUFC 'caser' from the 88-89 season. Fuck me there's some dreadful players signatures on that... :lol:

Fucking hell...."caser" never heard that word in years!

Got Gazza's autograph on a Noda Taxi's receipt.

It reads...

To Bawan

Best Wishes Paul Gascoigne

Followed by his autograph

got it last week :lol:

Edited by bawan

When they used to have the open training sessions in the mid 90s I had a big book full of the entire squad's autographs as well as pictures on a camera of me with loads of them, KK, Shearer etc.

Then some fucker broke into the car as we had lunch and stole them both.