Alan Shearer's eye for detail rejuvenates players

Jimbo

Very refreshing to hear someone tell it straight after all the mealy-mouthed flannel we've had variously from Kinnear, Ashley and Llambias this season.

Edited by Big Onion

How can these stories keep coming out about what Shearer has had to do in regards to training, camaraderie, physio room, etc. and the people in charge still harp about Kinnear coming back? It makes no sense....

"I've made my feelings known to the necessary people (at SJP). They are well aware of their mistakes and other people's mistakes.

"I think they know what's been done right and what's been done wrong. Staying in this league will give them the chance to rectify that.

"The squad is unbalanced. You can't go into a season with one person in one position. At some time that player is going to get injured, as has happened with Jose Enrique at left-back.

"I knew the situation when I took the job, so I'm not complaining. We had meetings before I took it and we've had meetings over the past week about what we believe has gone right and what's gone wrong. They are definitely aware.

"They're new to football and they're going to make mistakes, but there have been some big mistakes.

"Whose fault is it? Everyone will have their own opinion on that. But it's important the same mistakes aren't made again."

Keegan's fault, obviously :D

How can these stories keep coming out about what Shearer has had to do in regards to training, camaraderie, physio room, etc. and the people in charge still harp about Kinnear coming back? It makes no sense....

"I've made my feelings known to the necessary people (at SJP). They are well aware of their mistakes and other people's mistakes.

"I think they know what's been done right and what's been done wrong. Staying in this league will give them the chance to rectify that.

"The squad is unbalanced. You can't go into a season with one person in one position. At some time that player is going to get injured, as has happened with Jose Enrique at left-back.

"I knew the situation when I took the job, so I'm not complaining. We had meetings before I took it and we've had meetings over the past week about what we believe has gone right and what's gone wrong. They are definitely aware.

"They're new to football and they're going to make mistakes, but there have been some big mistakes.

"Whose fault is it? Everyone will have their own opinion on that. But it's important the same mistakes aren't made again."

Keegan's fault, obviously :D

:D

When I think of an ice bath my memory straight away goes back to that Father Ted episode when they try and give things up for lent. :D

Me too. :D

"Why do nuns have such awful hold music....two hundred pounds? I'm not trying to buy cocaine!"