Sky+

Magma

I've currently got Sky+ at home and when I record a programme round about half way through it decides to pause, goes to a blank screen and when I hit the TV Guide button on the control a mesage appears saying "To use the full range of interactive services please ensure that an operating telephone line is connected". Then the TV seems to work fine again.

Has anyone had any problems with this before anf what did you do to fix it.

TIA

• 2 weeks later...
I've currently got Sky+ at home and when I record a programme round about half way through it decides to pause, goes to a blank screen and when I hit the TV Guide button on the control a mesage appears saying "To use the full range of interactive services please ensure that an operating telephone line is connected". Then the TV seems to work fine again.

Has anyone had any problems with this before anf what did you do to fix it.

TIA

All Sky and Sky+ boxes are connected to the phone line, sometimes if this connection is severed it affects the services which are available to that box, i suggest you make sure that the phone line is still connected to EVERY box you might have in the household, try not to let Sky know about either because apparently you can be charged for disconnecting the phoneline from the box.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Have had Sky+ for a long time now, never had a phone line connected and never had any problems.

Same. I cannit plug it into me phone line because it makes a horrible racket. It never does anything except warn me it's unplugged when I power it on. I've never been cherged for it either.