Shola Ameobi

Jusoda Kid

I am a big fan of Shearer but I was scratching my head yesterday with both the team the selection and that of shambles and, once again, he did fuck all. Even losing faye and failing to jump with him for their goal. We watch game after game and he contributes next to nothing. He is big, but not a threat physically as he's one of the softest big men I've ever seen, and he wins nothing of any importance in the air. No pace and a powder puff shot.

Is his selection just a fucking piss take at our expense?

I agree he's an absolute shite footballer but that's all he is - he's not quite as bad as Robert Mugabe, Saddam Hussein or Adolf Hitler strange as it may seem. Blame Shearer for picking him when he's clearly not good enough - surely he should know by now that he shouldn't still be playing for us.

I am a big fan of Shearer but I was scratching my head yesterday with both the team the selection and that of shambles and, once again, he did fuck all. Even losing faye and failing to jump with him for their goal. We watch game after game and he contributes next to nothing. He is big, but not a threat physically as he's one of the softest big men I've ever seen, and he wins nothing of any importance in the air. No pace and a powder puff shot.

He is that fat footed bloke everyone takes the piss out of in 5 a side.

Even though Shearer says he's shit hot in training?

I agree he's an absolute shite footballer but that's all he is - he's not quite as bad as Robert Mugabe, Saddam Hussein or Adolf Hitler strange as it may seem. Blame Shearer for picking him when he's clearly not good enough - surely he should know by now that he shouldn't still be playing for us.

thats about the size of it. We all want to back Shearer, and get out of this, and hope he turns out to be the new Brian Clough, and we know he can only work with what he's got, and we know he's shit hot in training..........but he should know by now that he just doesn't do it on the pitch.

I was looking through some old video clips recently, and now and again, when he was younger - under Bobby Robson - he did look half decent sometimes but he has sat back and gone backwards, massively backwards. He must rate now as among the really worst strikers we have had in the last 40 years, sitting alongside the likes of Rob McDonald, Billy Rafferty, Tony Cunningham and George Reilly. And I'm probably being unkind to those 4, because althouth none of them were really any good, at least they stuck to the task and imposed a physical presence.

The way he won the corner and scored with the header from it against the mackems this season at the SOS is sadly, what he ought to have been doing all his career.

Fuck off. I just hope they gave you a contract to make sure we get a fee. Its Carrol above you now lad.

Every manager we've had has said the same...Souness said three mornings out of four he was "unplayable" in training.

He must've been close to an England call up around the time we were playing in the champions league....he was banging them in at the Likes of Leverkusen and Liverpool, and the under 21s, and all Erikkson was picking in the England squad at the time was Heskey, Owen and Darius fuckin Vassel! :D At the time, he was definetly playing better than Vassel.

But he hasn't kicked on, as mentioned above he's gone backwards. I watched him amble on to the pitch for the second half at Stoke on Saturday, a minute or so behind his teamates. He looked completely uninterested, just like he was out for a stroll in the sun. Someone pointed this out and everyone stood around us saw it and the more charitable among them just laughed and put their heads in their hands. The others...well...look at the first post on this thread.

Every manager we've had has said the same...Souness said three mornings out of four he was "unplayable" in training.

He must've been close to an England call up around the time we were playing in the champions league....he was banging them in at the Likes of Leverkusen and Liverpool, and the under 21s, and all Erikkson was picking in the England squad at the time was Heskey, Owen and Darius fuckin Vassel! :D At the time, he was definetly playing better than Vassel.

But he hasn't kicked on, as mentioned above he's gone backwards. I watched him amble on to the pitch for the second half at Stoke on Saturday, a minute or so behind his teamates. He looked completely uninterested, just like he was out for a stroll in the sun. Someone pointed this out and everyone stood around us saw it and the more charitable among them just laughed and put their heads in their hands. The others...well...look at the first post on this thread.

That's my take on it as well, as I said in the other thread. I reckon he's effectively sticking two fingers up to the fans for the stick he's had and now doesn't give a fuck. Wrong as it is for fans to boo their own players (he's had it more than once and people who do that need to have a word with themselves) the professional response to it should be to knuckle down and try to prove the critics wrong, as Nicky Butt did a few years back. He's never convinced me as a footballer but I didn't have him down as a lazy player a few years back. I do now. They'll have been drilled to mark up at set plays all week so he'll have known specifically what his job was in his own box. The failure to track Faye isn't a lack of concentration - it's a lack of interest.

Well Monday night will prove what kind of manager Shearer is.

IMHO Shearer cost us 2 points on Saturday by playing that clown... Will he be stubborn and play him again in a weeks time?

Was Shola playing in midfield then? We have a world class goalscorer who thrives on good service in the right areas for him to use his great finishing to best effect and if he's received 3 decent passes into space in the penalty area all season I'd be fuckin amazed. Its the midfield that seen us in the bottom 3, our strikers,Shola apart, are more than good enough for a UEFA cup spot. Shearer saved the day in a way after changing it with the right players at the right time and also Stoke sat back more than they had been doing in the last 20 mins.

If our strikers had the chances Stoke had we'd have won 3 or 4 nil, as they should have.

Not defending Shola's display (or his displays in general) but I'd echo the view about the midfield. Strikers thrive on service and the service was nonexistent on Saturday and that's been the case most of the season.

That's my take on it as well, as I said in the other thread. I reckon he's effectively sticking two fingers up to the fans for the stick he's had and now doesn't give a fuck. Wrong as it is for fans to boo their own players (he's had it more than once and people who do that need to have a word with themselves) the professional response to it should be to knuckle down and try to prove the critics wrong, as Nicky Butt did a few years back. He's never convinced me as a footballer but I didn't have him down as a lazy player a few years back. I do now. They'll have been drilled to mark up at set plays all week so he'll have known specifically what his job was in his own box. The failure to track Faye isn't a lack of concentration - it's a lack of interest.

I agree, fans who boo their own players are idiots, but somebody like Butt took it on the chin, took the abuse and showed through massive effort and commitment on the pitch that he could turn their opinion round.

I didn't used to think he was as lazy as some said either, but the fact is he ambles around with no urgency or passion and he hasn't worked on any of his glaring failing which is also lazy in attitude. As you say casually leaving Feye free to score was lack of caring/interest and unacceptable.

I also agree with other people saying strikers need service and our midfield was shite but that doesn't mask a total lack of effort in attack and defence and he wasn't without chances either. He had one in their box where he managed to first control it with his hand then miscontrol with his foot, a better player would have had an easy chance there. And second half he had a chance just in the box to volley, he cocked that up, then arsed the half volley up as well and they went up the other end and could have killed the game off.

Carroll showed in 20 mins what Shola could and should have been doing and should never be below Shola in the pecking order again.

Carrol has earned a start on current form, but the midfield needs seriously changing after that last offering (first half). Once we kep the ball down and started passing plus with Jonas on we looked more of a threat.

Carrol has earned a start on current form, but the midfield needs seriously changing after that last offering (first half). Once we kep the ball down and started passing plus with Jonas on we looked more of a threat.

Carroll has a much more consistent first touch so you have a game plan that revolves partly around his leading the line. Nothing sticks to Shola.

Carroll has a much more consistent first touch so you have a game plan that revolves partly around his leading the line. Nothing sticks to Shola.

That's what i've liked about Carroll, the basics of his game. He can win his share in the air obviously, but on the ground he controls it nicely, holds it up and uses it intelligently and simply. Like you say you can build some momentum around him, with Shola you see the ball heading to him and lets be honest 9 times out of 10 you're expecting it to end badly!

Like you say you can build some momentum around him, with Shola you see the ball heading to him and lets be honest 9 times out of 10 you're expecting it to end badly!

It's like two magnets of the same polarity- I swear at times the ball comes off him twice as fast as it approaches the useless git. :D

and Michael Owen was fantastic. Never out of the game took all his chances. They are both not fit to wear the shirt, one no skill, one no passion.

What chances did he have?