Sky/Virgin/Setanta Ppremier league FA bastards

NJS

In a fit of abject stupidity I decided I want to go to the Villa match. On searching for trains I find that the west coast main line is not open that day which means 3 hours from Euston via a train/coach/train combo.

The thing is I can't work out why it's on a Sunday at 4pm - I know the Sky bastards will say that's now the tradition but they can fuck right off. I know the football league will be finished by the Saturday so they can't pull the "affecting" attendances crap like they actually fucking care.

(finishes rant after hitting return in error)

We also have the case of Setanta shitting on the Mackems exactly as they did to us last year.

This all is a great example of why I'm caring about football less and less - the people who run it/exploit it are all bastards who don't care about the people who attend the matches - much like I'm starting to warm to the idea of relegation just to spite Ashley, I really hope football in general goes tits up.

Edited by NJS

In a fit of abject stupidity I decided I want to go to the Villa match. On searching for trains I find that the west coast main line is not open that day which means 3 hours from Euston via a train/coach/train combo.

The thing is I can't work out why it's on a Sunday at 4pm - I know the Sky bastards will say that's now the tradition but they can fuck right off. I know the football league will be finished by the Saturday so they can't pull the "affecting" attendances crap like they actually fucking care.

We also have the case of Setanta shitting on the Mackems exactly as they did to us last year.

This all is a great example of why I'm caring about football less and less - the people who run it/exploit it are all bastards who don't care about the people who attend the matches - much like I'm starting to warm to the idea of relegation just to spite Ashley, I really hope football in general goes tits up.

I'm almost in agreement with that sentement, but we lost over 30 odd million in the last financial year on crowds thatLiverpool, Everton,Villa,Spurs etc would kill for. Christ knows what the true financial posistion of the club is, but if we go down there must be a possibility that if Ashley is putting his own cash into the day to day running of the club then he will just cut his losses and pull the plug and leave us in real financial trouble. Anyone up for FC Newcastle United 2009 in fuck knows what league? 95% of me is horrified by that thought, but 5% of me thinks that you're right :D

But I agree, football has completely eaten itself, and we've had our noses in the trough as much as anyone.Have a read of the piece from the Guardian in the Hillsborough thread to see what I mean.

I'm almost in agreement with that sentement, but we lost over 30 odd million in the last financial year on crowds thatLiverpool, Everton,Villa,Spurs etc would kill for. Christ knows what the true financial posistion of the club is, but if we go down there must be a possibility that if Ashley is putting his own cash into the day to day running of the club then he will just cut his losses and pull the plug and leave us in real financial trouble. Anyone up for FC Newcastle United 2009 in fuck knows what league? 95% of me is horrified by that thought, but 5% of me thinks that you're right :D

But I agree, football has completely eaten itself, and we've had our noses in the trough as much as anyone.Have a read of the piece from the Guardian in the Hillsborough thread to see what I mean.

The ironic thing about relegation is that if we do what the Mackems did and get rid of all our high earners and then get back up on a shoestring as they did in 2005 with McCarthy, Ashley would be in a great position in terms of low costs. Hypothetical I know but it could turn out better than 3 years of finishing 17th under Kinnear.

The ironic thing about relegation is that if we do what the Mackems did and get rid of all our high earners and then get back up on a shoestring as they did in 2005 with McCarthy, Ashley would be in a great position in terms of low costs. Hypothetical I know but it could turn out better than 3 years of finishing 17th under Kinnear.

I see what you mean, but for me Ashley came in with the intention of selling us for a fat profit within 12 months. He still would if he coud break even. I don't hold out much hope for the future under the fucker if we go down. Appointing Shearer was the last throw of the dice for football's biggest gambler. He had to do something to try to hang on to his cash, and Shearer was his only real option.Relegation means a whole new ball game, and with the subsequent loss of income, Ashley could conceivably give up completely.

aye, football as we know it wil go tits up unless they start to look after the grassroots fans again.

I've said for years that the top league, premiership, whatever they call it, will play one game on a saturday, the next on a tuesday night, the next on a wednesday....in short it will end up showing about 5 games a week on a different day of the week.

The switched fixtures of smogs has pissed me off as if the portsmouth one wasn't bad enough.

Thats 2 of our last 3 home games on a monday night, at short notice.

Edited by LeazesMag