What do you hate about online gaming?

N174Life

The blinding frustration that has caused me to create this thread spans over any number of video games, but the real gripes I have today are with the immeasurable number of batshit fuckheads who play Call of Duty MW and WAW on PS3.

- People who employ the use of the Perks Juggernaut (lolz Juggern00bz) and Second Chance simultaneously can suck my dick and die in a ditch. There are times when I am literally on the ground, writhing, screaming bloody murder when I am capped by [GHAD]n00BpWnErJoHnNySnIpAbOy1992 who I have emptied round after round of searing hot lead into and he kills me with utter ease as he lies on the floor, mocking my life. This is because, no doubt, [GHAD]n00BpWnErJoHnNySnIpAbOy1992 thinks he is good at CoD cos he has died three times on the whole map. He is not good. He is a menace and should be raped.

- Not everyone who kills you is a 'gay Jewish nigger bitch'.

- (This relates to playing on Core) If I have found a decent sniping position, and you come up and relentlessly try to knife me in a bizarre and ill thought out method to get me to leave: I AM NOT GOING TO MOVE. This is beginning to really get on my nerves, to the extent that I have started to throw grenades of Tabun gas at own my team-mates in the hope that, in their disorientation, they flail around like headless chickens and are mown down by the enemy. Actually, seeing this occur sometimes gives me a perverse pleasure that I often enjoy more than getting a good kill.

So, now that I've got that off my chest and am probably on some kind of NSA hit-list for inflammotary use of military lingo, what's your thoughts?

because getting online is so easy these days it doesnt filter out the enourmous numbers of complete twats that want to play online

also DCing when you are losing is a cunts move

I hate that too!

I was Bayern Munich and I got beat by a guy who was using Arsenal, he thrashed me 5-1. I figured his way of playing second time round (Possession play, counter attack relying on the opposition getting bored and pressing too much) and I went back and beat him 2-1 with Newcastle, could have been 5 like but he just couldn't take it :D

I'm sick of these dickheads quitting, at the end of the day what difference does it make if somebody beats you - especially a modest 2-1 on a footy game?

I hate people quitting when I rack up a decent scoreline too!

Bastards!

General Cheaps tactics and enhancements: Headsets were you hear every footstep and you know where the opposition is through sound. Cheap tactic and abusing certain methods such as the two-peice on Gears being a prime example. The FIFA community abuse Man United and always use Ronaldo upfront, which is pathetic. Enhancements such as modded controllers and glitches.

The developers always seem to fall in the trap of fucking up the sequel especially online gameplay; Cod2 > Cod3

General Cheaps tactics and enhancements: Headsets were you hear every footstep and you know where the opposition is through sound. Cheap tactic and abusing certain methods such as the two-peice on Gears being a prime example. The FIFA community abuse Man United and always use Ronaldo upfront, which is pathetic. Enhancements such as modded controllers and glitches.

The developers always seem to fall in the trap of fucking up the sequel especially online gameplay; Cod2 > Cod3

disagree

agree

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 & Pro Evolution Soccer 2009: these two games have the worst online lag i have ever seen in my many years of gaming, sometimes the lag is so fucking bad that i would find myself in the centre circle ready to kick off, not knowing that a goal had been scored against me while the gameplay tried to catch up with itself!

I hate how on Gears of War 2 that the host of the games has an advantage and can ALWAYS kill you with one shot on the shotgun, where as it takes at least two for a non host player.

Fifa 09 like people have said above when you get those arseholes who quit when your winning, most annoying thing ever because sometimes it can be as little as 1-0 in the 60th minute :D

GAAAAAH! rant over.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 & Pro Evolution Soccer 2009: these two games have the worst online lag i have ever seen in my many years of gaming, sometimes the lag is so fucking bad that i would find myself in the centre circle ready to kick off, not knowing that a goal had been scored against me while the gameplay tried to catch up with itself!

I hate how on Gears of War 2 that the host of the games has an advantage and can ALWAYS kill you with one shot on the shotgun, where as it takes at least two for a non host player.

Fifa 09 like people have said above when you get those arseholes who quit when your winning, most annoying thing ever because sometimes it can be as little as 1-0 in the 60th minute :D

GAAAAAH! rant over.

bollocks

Pricks constantly playing as Man United

Yeh, sometimes there's no point.

You can play matching football but sometimes the attributes of the player score the goals as opposed to the fella holding the pad. :D

The blinding frustration that has caused me to create this thread spans over any number of video games, but the real gripes I have today are with the immeasurable number of batshit fuckheads who play Call of Duty MW and WAW on PS3.

- People who employ the use of the Perks Juggernaut (lolz Juggern00bz) and Second Chance simultaneously can suck my dick and die in a ditch. There are times when I am literally on the ground, writhing, screaming bloody murder when I am capped by [GHAD]n00BpWnErJoHnNySnIpAbOy1992 who I have emptied round after round of searing hot lead into and he kills me with utter ease as he lies on the floor, mocking my life. This is because, no doubt, [GHAD]n00BpWnErJoHnNySnIpAbOy1992 thinks he is good at CoD cos he has died three times on the whole map. He is not good. He is a menace and should be raped.

- (This relates to playing on Core) If I have found a decent sniping position, and you come up and relentlessly try to knife me in a bizarre and ill thought out method to get me to leave: I AM NOT GOING TO MOVE. This is beginning to really get on my nerves, to the extent that I have started to throw grenades of Tabun gas at own my team-mates in the hope that, in their disorientation, they flail around like headless chickens and are mown down by the enemy. Actually, seeing this occur sometimes gives me a perverse pleasure that I often enjoy more than getting a good kill.

So, now that I've got that off my chest and am probably on some kind of NSA hit-list for inflammotary use of military lingo, what's your thoughts?

Yeah if he's only died 3 times and killed 20+ he probbaly is half decent.

People who stay in a sniping spot for more than 5 seconds are bad. A good sniper who knows the map knows where most of the spots are will get you first.

Yeah if he's only died 3 times and killed 20+ he probbaly is half decent.

People who stay in a sniping spot for more than 5 seconds are bad. A good sniper who knows the map knows where most of the spots are will get you first.

Raped, then again camping with a sniper is shall we say for 'noobs'.

GAAAAAH! rant over.

bollocks

You mean I'm talking bollocks or the game is bollocks?

If you pick Man United and do nothing but give the ball to Ronaldo and run, I AM GOING TO FUCKING COMPLAIN ABOUT IT.

Also, double slaps on Gears back in the day used to wind me up no end but then again, this was the odd moment when I was wasn't wrecking the other team's shit so badly.

Rock Band 2 players that don't have any DLC should just avoid playing online. I don't want to play Coheed and Cambria for the 11th time, I want to play The Who or Thin Lizzy. And the only DLC most people have is Journey or Metallica, which most people can't even pass anyway. I really need to find more people to play on that game.

These are all reasons why I rarely play games with strangers. Usually just fire up a server and play with my friends against bots. I know, I know, I'm a tremendous homo playing against bots, but Christ, it's better than putting up with this bullshit.

I will say I've gotten back into PC gaming more as it seems like most of the dipshits have migrated to 360/ PS3 since 2006 or so. Kinda back to being nice again.

GAAAAAH! rant over.

bollocks

happened me too, thats the reason I started playing FIFA. But the amount of cocks online on FIFA is beyond belief.

I don't understand why so many people hate 'camping'. Surely if you're a sniper you want to stay in a decent position so you can, er, snipe people. There's no point running around with a gun like that. Once you've killed a few people the other players know where you are anyway so they can easily get you somehow. People in wars don't just run around like mentalists.

I don't understand why so many people hate 'camping'. Surely if you're a sniper you want to stay in a decent position so you can, er, snipe people. There's no point running around with a gun like that. Once you've killed a few people the other players know where you are anyway so they can easily get you somehow. People in wars don't just run around like mentalists.

If your playing against good players, if you kill them from a sniping position and stay there, you'll end up dead very quickly.

If your playing against good players, if you kill them from a sniping position and stay there, you'll end up dead very quickly.

I think that was part of his point anyway mate

It's fine and dandy to get up close and personal, but then you're not playing a war sim, you're playing an adrenaline IV. There's no strategy, there's no tactics. It's just run headlong emptying your clip and lobbing grenades till you die or the other guy dies, then getting up and doing it again.

Truth be told, I like Sniping. There's a couple of maps where, as a good sniper, you can really have an impact on the battle. You might not get as many kills as the guy running around the map with a Grenade Launcher, Extreme Conditioning and Martyr, but you can pin people into one area so your team mates can mow them down. If they work out where you are, you're not a good enough Sniper, if they don't then it's there own damned fault.

CoD would be great if there were actual campaigns that you could join. Months of trying to get an actual objective instead of farming out games of Capture the Flag or DeathMatch. The better your score the better the maps and more interesting the objective. Have the Objectives actually mean something. Get and hold that Bridge until reinforcements come, with a limited number of respawns. That number of respawns could have been dictated by you factions performance in a previous mission.

I don't think it would be that difficult to do with CoD, World of Warcraft already has stories and quests. Is it really that difficult to change them to non-orcs and goblin stuff?

I've never been a 'traditional' sniper on any COD game. Yeah I might lay down and camp somewhere for a short while, but I find I have more fun moving place to place and then pulling off the short and sweet kill which is done in seconds. Even mroe fun when you meet someone round a corner and no-scope them ;D

Suppose it comes from the fun I used to have playing with just a rifle on COD2, which is by far the best COD game.