Those travelling to London on Sunday

Douggy B

The Emirates is a superb bit of construction and some of the facilities are first-class, but it's a soulless place to watch football.

If every PL experience was like that, I seriously doubt I'd get as far as out of the pub (and that's not just because we get stuffed 3-0 every time we play there).

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It just looks soulless to me and it looks like the fans couldn't care less.

All they do is applaud and cheer when they score :o

Arrogant tossers too.

Honestly an aquaintance rang me from the concourse at half time to ask me if a shot they had cleared off the line was a goal and it sonded like he was ringing me from the supermarket.

No singing, no noise, just quiet patter.

If the New Lane ends up like that I wont be going.

Do you think it's possible to build a modern stadium which actually creates an atmosphere?

The only way I could imagine the noise returning is with terraces behind the goals, and a steep bowl shaped seating sections.

Do you think it's possible to build a modern stadium which actually creates an atmosphere?

The only way I could imagine the noise returning is with terraces behind the goals, and a steep bowl shaped seating sections.

The germans managed it.

bvb09_1.jpg

I would regard SJP and The stadium of plight as modern grounds, fair enough one is wonky and the other is half empty and was made by Ikea but on their day they can both hold an excellent atmosphere.

The germans managed it.

bvb09_1.jpg

That's not a new build stadium though.

Honestly an aquaintance rang me from the concourse at half time to ask me if a shot they had cleared off the line was a goal and it sonded like he was ringing me from the supermarket.

Wasn't Highbury the same though?

Wasn't Highbury the same though?

Exactly. It's mainly the people that make an atmosphere, not the building. As it happens, the worst atmosphere I have ever experienced was probably at Anfield last year which surprised me.

im sure if you go to nufc.com they started giving our away allocation on the site this year

yeah it is on there but just says initial allocation 1750.

danny.. is the lower tier 1750 ? and both are 2900 ?

Whats your seat number and block mate?

I'm seat number 244, block 46.

It's not really my choice, meeting up with my cousin (toon) and her fella and his mate (both spurs).

I guess I should be discreet about my allegiances and stick to just the usual toon scarf, eyepatch and neck tattoo.

I usually end up at an Irish social club around the corner from the train station which is canny - the early kick-off will probably change that this year and I'll end up in HH for a couple.