Standing/Seating

snakehips

The debate about standing or sitting at the match goes on.

Has anyone here ever seen someone fall over into the row in front during a game?? I've never seen it. I'm guessing that it must have happened at sometime, somewhere (maybe to someone pissed up?), but as one of the main arguments against standing at the match (where seats are) it just seems a bit of a weak one imo.

Anyone??

Has anyone here ever seen someone fall over into the row in front during a game?? I've never seen it. I'm guessing that it must have happened at sometime, somewhere (maybe to someone pissed up?)

LBW's done it :D

He was helped back to his feet and no-one was harmed. He felt a bit of a prat though.

You can't fall off the lower tier mate. New safe terracing prevents surging but someone could still take a tumble.

Only on bottom tiers IMO.

You can't fall off the lower tier mate. New safe terracing prevents surging but someone could still take a tumble.

He's on about row in front not tier.

Anyway, while I havent fallen, when I've jumped as we've scored (not often this season I agree), I've regularly twatted my legs off the seat in front. Knacks as well.

Edit : I fail to see why you can't have standing with a bar in front of you. Not to get drinks served, just a metal one to stop you moving back/forward.

Edited by JawD

Never fell forward even when i'm jumping up and down like a complete fuckwit after we've scored but as JawD says I always take a few layers of skin off my shins because of the seat in front. Even after a few pints it still absoluetely fucking knacks :D

If football in this country was ran by people who were even vaguely sensible we'd have had a dialogue about safe standing at football matches a long time ago. Unfortunately it's not.

Edited by Ketsbaia

He's on about row in front not tier.

Anyway, while I havent fallen, when I've jumped as we've scored (not often this season I agree), I've regularly twatted my legs off the seat in front. Knacks as well.

Edit : I fail to see why you can't have standing with a bar in front of you. Not to get drinks served, just a metal one to stop you moving back/forward.

I fell over in the middle of a fucking tier at the way agame to Ipswich a few years back, there where more of us in there than should of been, nobby scoored, we all jumped up and I fell over into the row below

man did i feel like a fucking prat

If football in this country was ran by people who were even vaguely sensible we'd have had a dialogue about safe standing at football matches a long time ago. Unfortunately it's not.

There's nothing incentivising clubs to push for it is there?

Show clubs how it would make them money and they might start lobbying, but the increased capacity would be negated by the reduced asking price on a ticket and the increased stewarding required. Not to mention the redevelopment work.

All those in a position of power prefer the sanitary version of support we have now.

There's nothing incentivising clubs to push for it is there?

Show clubs how it would make them money and they might start lobbying, but the increased capacity would be negated by the reduced asking price on a ticket and the increased stewarding required. Not to mention the redevelopment work.

All those in a position of power prefer the sanitary version of support we have now.

Nail on head :o

The debate about standing or sitting at the match goes on.

Has anyone here ever seen someone fall over into the row in front during a game?? I've never seen it. I'm guessing that it must have happened at sometime, somewhere (maybe to someone pissed up?), but as one of the main arguments against standing at the match (where seats are) it just seems a bit of a weak one imo.

Anyone??

Put in properly designed terracing and the whole issue of sitting/standing in seated areas basically goes away.

Other than that and the name of H&S can be used to justify (or stop) pretty much anything.

Terracing = hooligans/oiks/Hillsborough

Seating = golden age of football entertainment

in the minds of the government and football administrators.

They will never ever allow terraces back imo. Which is a crying shame.

I've seen people 'stage diving' into the seats in front when we've scored at away matches on 3 occasions, and was once knocked off my feet from behind which I wasn't too happy about tbh.

Terracing would be excellent for away matches but in all honesty I'd rather sit at home matches, especially after the last few seasons of general shitness we've had to put up with.

I've seen people 'stage diving' into the seats in front when we've scored at away matches on 3 occasions, and was once knocked off my feet from behind which I wasn't too happy about tbh.

Terracing would be excellent for away matches but in all honesty I'd rather sit at home matches, especially after the last few seasons of general shitness we've had to put up with.

yeah i agree with that

_42692677_bremen203.jpg

german terracing/seats.

looks easy enough to convert an area.

I'd suggest Level 7 and Gallowgate?

would involve big mikey boy splashing the cash though. can't see it, would be nice i reckon.

_42692677_bremen203.jpg

german terracing/seats.

would involve big mikey boy splashing the cash though. can't see it, would be nice i reckon.

1 weeks wages from Owen would do an end, money should be there next season then. :o

Edited by Monkeys Fist

_42692677_bremen203.jpg

german terracing/seats.

1 weeks wages from Owen would do an end, money should be there next season then. :o

yeah when he finally fucks off.

bring on the terracing :o

£££'s could still end up being the driving force to bring them back, if the TV money bubble ever bursts.

£££'s could still end up being the driving force to bring them back, if the TV money bubble ever bursts.

If it brought in more money the clubs would push for it irrespective of TV money.

They gladly went along with all seaters because they could whack up prices like there's no tomorrow, attract women who can sit by their boyfriend and read Heat and cut out a whole load of matchday bother.

If it brought in more money the clubs would push for it irrespective of TV money.

They gladly went along with all seaters because they could whack up prices like there's no tomorrow, attract women who can sit by their boyfriend and read Heat and cut out a whole load of matchday bother.

I think the arse would need to fall out of the premier league first. The government would be very anti on snobbery safety grounds alone, so the clubs' opinions may not count for much

It depends on how much an empty seat is worth.

It depends on how much an empty seat is worth.

Care to expand on that?

_42692677_bremen203.jpg

german terracing/seats.

So the guy in front wants to stand and the guy behind wants to sit?????

Pleased they are gone. would hate to go to game and stand these days.

Dont quite see the clamour for them. Do people think it would make the atmosphere better? the team better?

:D:icon_lol: The areas would be designated all standing, or all seated.

Like the Jorman's do it.

_42692677_bremen203.jpg

german terracing/seats.

So the guy in front wants to stand and the guy behind wants to sit?????

Pleased they are gone. would hate to go to game and stand these days.

Dont quite see the clamour for them. Do people think it would make the atmosphere better? the team better?

:D:icon_lol: The areas would be designated all standing, or all seated.

Like the Jorman's do it.

But this picture is of a german one as I understand it, so dont they have the option to do both?

Aye,

e.g league matches- area is for standing only. They lock the seats "up"

european games- seating only, lock the seats down.

They don't have a 'mixed option' if you know what I mean.

• 6 years later...

After five years of battling with the local authorities, Celtic has been given permission to begin construction on a rail seating section. 2,600 tickets to be sold in this area with further expansion planned for the 16'-17' season.

Hope to see more clubs in the UK introduce this.