Newcastle United 0-0 Portsmouth FC

snakehips

Pompey have sold 321 tickets for tonight.

TBF its a long way to go on a monday night for a televised game.

Good luck tonight. Am looking forward to next season with you Barcodes fielding a team with passion, swagger and total focus - just like Big Al was when he played his best football (for us).

I sympathise totally with the posters on here who are feeling nervous and unable to settle today. Have been there many a time with BRFC and am not totally convinced that we won't be in a similar predicament come the last game of the season versus West Brom.

So, I hope it goes well, that you sing your hearts out for yer lads and that the only Pompey Chimes to be heard are the sounds of Calamity James dropping some whopping clangers :alex:

Yours in sport. A fellow football fan.

WIR

Cheers mate :dunno: (Not too sure how much Danny B will like you thinking he's a Toon fan :aussie:)

I feel dirty.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers mate :alex: (Not too sure how much Danny B will like you thinking he's a Toon fan :aussie:)

Well, I have a foot in both camps, as my 2 sons live in the North East (Darras Hall), with one being a NUFC fan and the other (the sensible one) following Rovers like his Dad.

I just hope you can sort things out up there and keep your premier league status. The division needs 'character' teams and fans, otherwise we might as well just accept the wishes of the money men and go for a two tier system with the 'big clubs' ( :o ) syphoning off the cash and the talent on behalf of corporate 'fans' ( :blush: ) who wouldn't know a football fan if they were married to one..

Anyway, an early goal and the butterflies with disappear and all will be brighter again on Tyneside - it's about time Big Al lost his management cherry :dunno:

Good luck tonight. Am looking forward to next season with you Barcodes fielding a team with passion, swagger and total focus - just like Big Al was when he played his best football (for us).

I sympathise totally with the posters on here who are feeling nervous and unable to settle today. Have been there many a time with BRFC and am not totally convinced that we won't be in a similar predicament come the last game of the season versus West Brom.

So, I hope it goes well, that you sing your hearts out for yer lads and that the only Pompey Chimes to be heard are the sounds of Calamity James dropping some whopping clangers :dunno:

WIR

Cheers mate :o (Not too sure how much Danny B will like you thinking he's a Toon fan :aussie:)

No die hard Gooner Would like to be called a Toon fan ah Danny :alex: haha Up the arsenal!!!!!!!!! I hear him cry!!!!!

Anything less than 3 points is a disaster, its now us vs Boro/Sunderland/Hull

Boro are gone IMO. Last relegation place is between us, the Mackems and Hull :aussie:

I'm absolutely useless today, tonight's game is tying me in knots.

I think it must go down as the most vital game we've had in years.

Most vital game since the last weekend in April back in 1992....

Who were we playing that day? :aussie:

So, I hope it goes well, that you sing your hearts out for yer lads and that the only Pompey Chimes to be heard are the sounds of Calamity James dropping some whopping clangers :dunno:

WIR

Cheers mate :o (Not too sure how much Danny B will like you thinking he's a Toon fan :aussie:)

No die hard Gooner Would like to be called a Toon fan ah Danny :alex: haha Up the arsenal!!!!!!!!! I hear him cry!!!!!

Is it school holidays again already. Pitiful banter.

This is arguably bigger, the damage to confidence will, IMO, send us down. Relegation then would have been damaging, but relegation now is unthinkable...

They'll set up defensively and try to play us on the break. They won't be easy to break down, especially given our lack of creativity from midfield. One of those games where an early-ish goal would be priceless, both to bring them out and get the crowd up.

The term 'must win' is usually an exaggeration but not tonight. Four-and-a-half months since our last home win though is frightening, and I'm not confident at all - shitting it, in fact.

They'll set up defensively and try to play us on the break. They won't be easy to break down, especially given our lack of creativity from midfield. One of those games where an early-ish goal would be priceless, both to bring them out and get the crowd up.

The term 'must win' is usually an exaggeration but not tonight. Four-and-a-half months since our last home win though is frightening, and I'm not confident at all - shitting it, in fact.

Have a bit more optimism man. People are always going on about us only winning 4 games at home this year but look at how bad our opposition is. Pompey have only won 2 games away this year, Boro only 2 as well (yonks ago), and the same is true of Fulham. We can get out of this by taking one match at a time.

Edit: not particularly aimed at you BO. :aussie:

Edited by Renton

I'm shitting it. Anything other that a win, and we'll have made it too hard for ourselves.

We lose (or probably even draw) we're down.*

* ok there's still the slight possibility of a miracle

If we play like we did against Man Utd, or even WBA (a) when we came out all guns blazing I think we'll win.

But if we see the side which has got us into this mess, then a draw is on the cards, or even more damaging; a loss.

Have a bit more optimism man. People are always going on about us only winning 4 games at home this year but look at how bad our opposition is. Pompey have only won 2 games away this year, Boro only 2 as well (yonks ago), and the same is true of Fulham. We can get out of this by taking one match at a time.

Edit: not particularly aimed at you BO. :alex:

Can't find owt to be optimistic about I'm afraid - desperate hope is the most positive feeling I can muster :dunno:

Not sure about my username anymore now that I notice it's acronymical form like :aussie:

Edit: not particularly aimed at you BO. :alex:

Can't find owt to be optimistic about I'm afraid - desperate hope is the most positive feeling I can muster :o

Not sure about my username anymore now that I notice it's acronymical form like :aussie:

I noticed that as well. :dunno:

If we win we leapfrog the hapless Boro and are 2 points behind the mackems, and one point behind Hull. They arguably have harder run ins and haven't got the benefit of new management (a big factor in the mackem's case). If we lose or draw, I think it's all over though, I agree.

I'm hopeful but basically bricking it. I think it's 50/50.

I noticed that as well. :aussie:

If we win we leapfrog the hapless Boro and are 2 points behind the mackems, and one point behind Hull. They arguably have harder run ins and haven't got the benefit of new management (a big factor in the mackem's case). If we lose or draw, I think it's all over though, I agree.

I'm hopeful but basically bricking it. I think it's 50/50.

Not only do they have arguably tougher run ins, but their form and morale must be fucking shot. They're plummeting after every weekend, with winnable games passing them by. The Mackems had to beat West Brom to get themselves clear of this, and not only were they unable to do that, they were soundly thrashed by a team who're effectively down anyway. Hull look porous and with every passing week they're forgetting more and more about the way they played that had them up in the dizzy heights at the beginning of the season.

My hope lies on the shoulders of the prodigal sons, Martins, Viduka, Enrique, Barton and of course Shearer. These are the men that will drag us safely over the finishing line.

This is arguably bigger, the damage to confidence will, IMO, send us down. Relegation then would have been damaging, but relegation now is unthinkable...

Relegation then would have seen us in serious financial shit - most probably going out of business ultimately.

I think time has served to sanitise the consequences of 25th April 1992. It was a massive game for us and IMO, the biggest of all (even this one).