Leeds....Cockpit

Radgina

...it may well be but I meant the venue. Going down on Saturday to see a band , is the venue any good and where can I go afterwards ??? Cheers for all informative advice in advance :o

It's a canny few years since I've been there. Proper sweaty indie club. Who are you going to see?

a band called The Bishops ...not my choice it's for my mates birthday so it was up to her.....checked them out on youtube and they are ugly f****ers who can't seem to decide wether they wanna be a folk band, The Beatles or The Jam ??? Like Indie music though so if thats what they play at the club night afterwards then it looks like a done deal to stay there ?

I personally don't like the nights out there like especially tuesday nights which iirc are screamo/emo nights :o but yeah ive heard its spot on for gigs and the times ive been in its seemed like a decent place to see a gig.

Ask jamouse what its like, his place has a trip there one a year for a big piss up, think they mainly go clubbin though and listen to 80's and dance music. Not kinda the same thing but could give you an idea of the spectrum available.

Goodnight out Radgina, youll enjoy it. My brothers band has played there a few time. Club night after is ok, but if you get bored goto the Scabby Taps (Scarbrough Taps) for a nice pint up the road, then head for the Calls (up and then onto Boar Lane and then right towards Corn Exchange)

Oporto

Jakes

BRB

Hi-Fi

Vodka Rev etc all good :o

Keep out of Flares, Fibre & Birdcage, all GASH!

Edited by wykikitoon

Trouble is Wykiki, I'm not sure what kind of stuff Radgina's into. She might like cheesy shit, surrounded by neanderthals and drinking Blue WKD by the gallon...

Trouble is Wykiki, I'm not sure what kind of stuff Radgina's into. She might like cheesy shit, surrounded by neanderthals and drinking Blue WKD by the gallon...

How very dare you Mr fish :o ...no ...I like most of the Indie stuff around nowadays although I admit it is spoiled a bit by the mop/tousled haired skinny jean/ emaciated/ white plimsolled brigade...and Blue WKD...never passed my lips as yet...a decent bourbon or polish vodka yes.

thanks all for your advice xx

How very dare you Mr fish :o ...no ...I like most of the Indie stuff around nowadays although I admit it is spoiled a bit by the mop/tousled haired skinny jean/ emaciated/ white plimsolled brigade...and Blue WKD...never passed my lips as yet...a decent bourbon or polish vodka yes.

I suppose its all down to our generations. I don't think I'd fancy clubbing these days, be it dance or alternative.

Give me a proper '90s indie disco anytime.

I suppose its all down to our generations. I don't think I'd fancy clubbing these days, be it dance or alternative.

:o Dr K...I go to quite a lot of Indie band gigs /club nights and still find it amusing when people seem to think I am there with my children :o At the end of the day i can drink them all under the table...know all the words to the tunes and still end up playing mother to some poor tart crying over her lad in the bogs !!

:o Dr K...I go to quite a lot of Indie band gigs /club nights and still find it amusing when people seem to think I am there with my children :o At the end of the day i can drink them all under the table...know all the words to the tunes and still end up playing mother to some poor tart crying over her lad in the bogs !!

Good on ya Radgi. I just think a load of teenage emo kids would piss me off. And get in the way of my madchester dancing :o

The problem with Call Lane is that every boring wanker in Leeds thinks going there makes them interesting.

True.

Especially on the weekends.

The problem with Call Lane is that every boring wanker in Leeds thinks going there makes them interesting.

True.

Especially on the weekends.

:D

Vodka Rev on a Friday night is mint, the tunes are banging man, some mad French Electro :icon_lol: