Fat Sam : Rafa is picking on me Miss!

Matty

Lets not forget Sam's always had a chip on his shoulder about Rafa. Remember his outburst shortly after he became our manager?

Bollocks

There was an American Baseball coach (I think it was baseball) who, when he felt comfortable that the game was won, would light up a big cigar at pitchside. It became a focal point for the whole crowd and would be waited on game after game and elicit huge cheers. Some games he would light up after the first home run. Anyone know his name?

Not that Rafa was doing owt similar, but I think it's a brilliant thing and would applaud any manager with the balls to do it week in week out.

Bollocks

There was an American Baseball coach (I think it was baseball) who, when he felt comfortable that the game was won, would light up a big cigar at pitchside. It became a focal point for the whole crowd and would be waited on game after game and elicit huge cheers. Some games he would light up after the first home run. Anyone know his name?

Not that Rafa was doing owt similar, but I think it's a brilliant thing and would applaud any manager with the balls to do it week in week out.

It was Basketball coach Red Auerbach....

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/ce...ed_controversy/

If we stay up and Blackburn go down it'll be win-win. :icon_lol:

Plus I'm developing a soft spot for the fat Spanish waiter. 'Bout time Taggart lost in the mind game stakes.

When I slag off people at work it's bitching. In football it's 'mind games' :D

Rafa is the new Gaffer and Fergie and Co don't like it.

Unadulterated bollocks. Ferguson is ten times the manager the one dimensional spanish waitor could dream of.

Yes Fergie is a cunt for saying it but just watch Rafa twitch with a couple of days to dwell on that before the Arsenal game.

Fergie will only mind game those who cant take it thats why he stopped trying with Mourinho becase he just laughed it off.

I can just imagine Rafa dwelling over a glass of Rioja now...livid.

Edited by Danny B

Ferguson is taking this in his stride.

The odd comment from him obviously gets Rafa going mental but it's obvious that Ferguson couldn't care less.

• 3 weeks later...

TOON LOST OUT BY SACKING BIG SAM

JAMES Milner feels Newcastle would not be in relegation trouble if they had kept Sam Allardyce as manager.

Newcastle are on their fourth manager since Allardyce was sacked 16 months ago. Milner was at St James’ Park at the time but joined Aston Villa for £12million and can do the Toon a big favour by beating their relegation rivals Hull.

“If Sam Allardyce had still been at Newcastle, they wouldn’t be in the position they are now,” said Milner, who also has the task of ending Villa’s run of nine league games without a win.

“The way Allardyce came in at Newcastle, he was planning for the long-term. The staff he brought in, he was looking at a bigger picture.

“The plan might have taken three, four, five years. There’s always going to be question marks about the way you play football but first and foremost Allardyce’s job was to get stability. The organisational ideas he had worked at Bolton so why should he change from that? But he never told us to just hit it. We had the players to play and Allardyce wanted us to do that.”

Newcastle have tried Kevin Keegan, Chris Houghton as a regular caretaker manger, Joe Kinnear and now Alan Shearer, their plight worsening with each change to leave Shearer carrying the can.

“There’s been a lot of managers in a short space of time,” said Milner. “That’s not good. The reason I’ve come to Aston Villa is there is stability with Martin O’Neill in charge and that should mean you’ll see the best of me.”

Milner has friends on the Newcastle playing staff and they are desperate for Villa to extend Hull’s plunge down the table tonight.

He said: “I’m sure Newcastle will be desperate for us to win. If we can finish on a high, then we can look on it with a degree of confidence going into the next season.”

It was game over when Torres scored the first tbf

I was at that game and I think we were beaten before we got on the pitch - we were fucking shite. What makes it worse is that Allardyce set the team up for damage limitation and no intention of even trying to win the game.

Why did Allardyce not 'complain' about Rafa before fergie commented on it - because it he didnt even notice it until fergie said something. I thought Allardyce would be better than lowering himself to be another Fergie fogie.

I want Allardyce to fuck off from Rovers in the summer - but he wont. He has shown me nothing yet of his managerial skills - we just look like Bolton now, and I hate Bolton nearly as much as I hate The Dingles.

Guest alex

I was at that game and I think we were beaten before we got on the pitch - we were fucking shite. What makes it worse is that Allardyce set the team up for damage limitation and no intention of even trying to win the game.

Why did Allardyce not 'complain' about Rafa before fergie commented on it - because it he didnt even notice it until fergie said something. I thought Allardyce would be better than lowering himself to be another Fergie fogie.

I want Allardyce to fuck off from Rovers in the summer - but he wont. He has shown me nothing yet of his managerial skills - we just look like Bolton now, and I hate Bolton nearly as much as I hate The Dingles.

He's good mates with Ferguson, apparently.

He's good mates with Ferguson, apparently.

Enough said - the soft twat