The Prodigy

paddy

Can't beat a bit of old skool. It's funny how all the good old skool DJs either went into to drum 'n' bass or techno and were class or went into happy hardcore and became awful.

Your love is hardly a walk on the darkside Alex.

I never said it was, did I?

No but as you quoted it as your favourite tune. Rave developed mate, the split happened naturally and because of the evolution of the music, there is nothing "funny or weird" about it.

It is my favourite Prodigy tune. I like that sort of thing from that era, especially the euphoric stuff and I love those breakbeats. I'm familiar with how the scene developed btw. I just meant that certain DJs went down the route of the happy hardcore scene which, personally, I consider to be shite. Funnily enough though, at raves in the late 90s a lot of the happy hardcore DJs did old skool sets in smaller rooms (at events like Helter Skeltor) that were absolutely class. Even if I hated the stuff they were playing in the main rooms.

I read an interesting article with DJ Tango (circa 94) where he was lambasting other DJs for playing break tunes faster and faster.

This naturally lead to the development of drum and base, those who were doing the sunnier side of the spectrum started using techno beats to differentiate away from that and HH was born.

If you can get any tango produced stuff from around that period I suggest you give it a listen.,

Can't beat a bit of old skool. It's funny how all the good old skool DJs either went into to drum 'n' bass or techno and were class or went into happy hardcore and became awful.

Your love is hardly a walk on the darkside Alex.

I never said it was, did I?

No but as you quoted it as your favourite tune. Rave developed mate, the split happened naturally and because of the evolution of the music, there is nothing "funny or weird" about it.

It is my favourite Prodigy tune. I like that sort of thing from that era, especially the euphoric stuff and I love those breakbeats. I'm familiar with how the scene developed btw. I just meant that certain DJs went down the route of the happy hardcore scene which, personally, I consider to be shite. Funnily enough though, at raves in the late 90s a lot of the happy hardcore DJs did old skool sets in smaller rooms (at events like Helter Skeltor) that were absolutely class. Even if I hated the stuff they were playing in the main rooms.

I read an interesting article with DJ Tango (circa 94) where he was lambasting other DJs for playing break tunes faster and faster.

This naturally lead to the development of drum and base, those who were doing the sunnier side of the spectrum started using techno beats to differentiate away from that and HH was born.

If you can get any tango produced stuff from around that period I suggest you give it a listen.,

Never heard of him as it happens but I will.

My love is the best you'll ever get sweety :wacko:

(probably not as good, but certainly "Take me to the Hospital" and "Warriors Dance" are along those lines.)

class tune :nufc:

There on the Friday line-up at Leeds festival, which Im attending. Apart from Radiohead, Im deeply excited to see them and can't imagine how epic and amazing it will be, few months to go!

Spitfire