Owen

Douggy B

Owen is a luxury we cannot afford. Ok he may still be a top goal scorer given the service but he is never going to get it with this team, so why play him. Martins and Viduka can create chances Carroll can be a target man for the the long hump up field. Owen runs into to no where.

:nufc:

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that we cant supply a player who gets in to all the right possitions amlost all the time with even one ball in about 300 minutes of football is unbelievable.

Almost makes you weep- come back dyer all is forgiven........

........ nearly

The spuds fans actually got something spot on this afternoon. Ryan taylor played an awfull ball (I think it may have actually supposed to have been for Owen) and they started singing That's why your going down. And taking all of the off the field stuff to one side, that's spot on. We are going down because we don't have a single player who can pass a ball. And how can we expect anyhing from a poacher like Owen if we can't play simple passes and create anything for him.

It would be great if he were the type of playe who could create for himself but he's not and certainly hasn't been ever since he lost his pace.

Keegan realised last season that with a 4-4-2 our players cannot create enough chances for him and went with him Martins and Viduka up front. Shearer seems to have picked up on this too but Martin's injury has prevented him from trying it until the second half today. Hopefully he will stick with it for the rest of the games.

Spot on.

The fact that we cant supply a player who gets in to all the right possitions amlost all the time with even one ball in about 300 minutes of football is unbelievable.

Ryan Taylor should spend every minute of every training session practicing corners.

Not sure if he took all 7, but I'm pretty sure only one of them made the six yard box.

Not to mention the free kicks.

Unfortunately it's all too believable, some many little (and some big) mistakes and lack of correcting mistakes leading to this. :nufc:

Ryan Taylor should spend every minute of every training session practicing corners.

Not sure if he took all 7, but I'm pretty sure only one of them made the six yard box.

Never beat the first man. When Dawson (who'd played Carroll well in the air) went off we should have been trying to exploit Corluka at CB by throwing high balls into Carroll. We were too shit to get in behind in open play but you'd think someone would be able to deliver at least a couple of decent crosses in from set plays. Another reason Guthrie should play, as at least he gets a few into the right areas.

........ nearly

Solano?

Corners and free kicks have been a major problem for us for years now. It's getting to the stage when we're more likely to concede from a corner than score from it (as witnessed yesterday).

........ nearly

Solano?

Don't.........just don't :nufc:

........ nearly

Solano?

Don't.........just don't :nufc:

:wacko:

Duff took the first 4 and all of them hit the first man. Early on the free kicks looked a little more promising, a few went in to the right places, at least, but by the end it was just same old. :nufc:

we should try 4 - 3 - 3 again next monday night with owen playing the deep lying keeganator role. martins and viduka up top. with a midfield 3 of jonas, guthrie and joey barton. and drop the other shite fuckers from the midfield. maybe then owen could get some bastard bullets

we should try 4 - 3 - 3 again next monday night with owen playing the deep lying keeganator role. martins and viduka up top. with a midfield 3 of jonas, guthrie and joey barton. and drop the other shite fuckers from the midfield. maybe then owen could get some bastard bullets

Shearer should have given KK a call. :nufc:

I'd do that although Barton might be struggling in which case I think I'd play Butt and have Barton on the bench (not ideal but I prefer the former to Nolan). I'd also play Steven Taylor at RB, Duff at LB and have Beye and Bassong in the middle.

I'd do that although Barton might be struggling in which case I think I'd play Butt and have Barton on the bench (not ideal but I prefer the former to Nolan). I'd also play Steven Taylor at RB, Duff at LB and have Beye and Bassong in the middle.

Can Beye or Taylor play at LB? how long before Enrique is back?

Can Beye or Taylor play at LB? how long before Enrique is back?

I don't think it's necessary to play either there as LB is Duff's best position these days imo. Being saying that since Roeder was manager so it's not just based on the cameo there against Spurs. He's steady and he's probably better going forward from a deeper position / helping the winger out too.

where the hell have all the crosses gone ? ive not seen one match this season with more than a couple of crap crosses put into the box , not like newcastle where we used todo our most damage down the wings :nufc:

We really struggle for attacking midfield players in general. I seem to recall a few times this season when we've had Enrique/Duff on the left Enrique overlaps Duff and it had the potential for working well. This is of course, ignoring the fact Duff refuses to run at anyone. On the right, Beye is happy to run forward and overlap, but again we don't have a decent right winger. We've got a bunch of cloggers in the middle of the park and little flair. Players like Guti should be providing that flair, but as yet - haven't. I agree with some of the other assessments of Guti, particularly the criticisms of his final ball; a criticism which to be fair can be leveled at pretty much our entire midfield.

Apart from our midfield not creating any chances, I also think they are guilty of not scoring enough goals (although this has been the case for a number of seasons). If you look at the top 4 teams in particular; all of their midfield players chip in with goals, some of them even getting into double figures. In the past, our low scoring midfield has been protected by the fact we created enough chances for our forwards to convert. The fact we now do neither explains why we are in the position we are.

We really struggle for attacking midfield players in general. I seem to recall a few times this season when we've had Enrique/Duff on the left Enrique overlaps Duff and it had the potential for working well. This is of course, ignoring the fact Duff refuses to run at anyone. On the right, Beye is happy to run forward and overlap, but again we don't have a decent right winger. We've got a bunch of cloggers in the middle of the park and little flair. Players like Guti should be providing that flair, but as yet - haven't. I agree with some of the other assessments of Guti, particularly the criticisms of his final ball; a criticism which to be fair can be leveled at pretty much our entire midfield.

Apart from our midfield not creating any chances, I also think they are guilty of not scoring enough goals (although this has been the case for a number of seasons). If you look at the top 4 teams in particular; all of their midfield players chip in with goals, some of them even getting into double figures. In the past, our low scoring midfield has been protected by the fact we created enough chances for our forwards to convert. The fact we now do neither explains why we are in the position we are.

We have that problem for 3 (or is it 4) seasons now :nufc:

I suppose in fairness Duff was probably an attempt to address that, but that hasn't gone so well.

But it's just makes you incredulous that so many transfer windows can have gone past without fixing one of the crux issues for the squad (admittedly there are a few others too).

Keegan actually in charge and a bit of money and it all could be so different now. :wacko: