Fire Sale!!

Douggy B

Will there be one if Newcastle get relegated?

Who will go, how much for and where:

I'll Start:

Bassong, 5 mil, Arsenal.

Edited by Danny B

Be fair chaps.

It seems we're slagging off Danny for EVERY thread he starts. He'll never learn if we keep it up.

When he starts an interesting topic full of intricacies and his opening post shows insight while encouraging others into the discussion, then we should help it along so he feels the warm welcoming glow we're capable of and tries to repeat his success in the pursuit of that fuzzy feeling.

This topic is fucking wank like, but he must have done it once.

Will there be one if Newcastle get relegated?

Who will go, how much for and where:

I'll Start:

Bassong, 5 mil, Arsenal.

It will come down to whether other Premier League or foreign clubs will actually want any of our players.

I can see there being interest in Bassong, Martins, Jonas, Enrique, S Taylor, Beye and Colo with Viduka and Owen not having their contracts renewed.

The rest are all Championship standard albeit on ridiculous Premier League wages. The thought of Butt and Nolan plodding around in the centre of our midfield in the Championship is just too depressing to contemplate.

Be fair chaps.

It seems we're slagging off Danny for EVERY thread he starts. He'll never learn if we keep it up.

When he starts an interesting topic full of intricacies and his opening post shows insight while encouraging others into the discussion, then we should help it along so he feels the warm welcoming glow we're capable of and tries to repeat his success in the pursuit of that fuzzy feeling.

This topic is fucking wank like, but he must have done it once.

:wacko::nufc:

It's ultimately cheaper to retain players for whom we don't attract a sufficient bid than it is to sell at any price. Clubs have done this under financial stress and done more harm than good. It would probably mean a loss for the year but less than you'd be suffering in the long term if you didn't have a single player worth his salt and watched the parachute payments run out. If a player really wants to go, they can always put in a transfer request.

It's ultimately cheaper to retain players for whom we don't attract a sufficient bid than it is to sell at any price. Clubs have done this under financial stress and done more harm than good. It would probably mean a loss for the year but less than you'd be suffering in the long term if you didn't have a single player worth his salt and watched the parachute payments run out. If a player really wants to go, they can always put in a transfer request.

Is it though? Maybe if they are on nack all wages but with thats not our case?

Keeping someone like Barton who will be on £30k+ a week surley wont have a load of interest because of his baggae. Soooo, would you keep him or accept £2m for him? I would accept £2m if I was honest. £30+k a week for a Championship player is financial suicide!

Is it though? Maybe if they are on nack all wages but with thats not our case?

Keeping someone like Barton who will be on £30k+ a week surley wont have a load of interest because of his baggae. Soooo, would you keep him or accept £2m for him? I would accept £2m if I was honest. £30+k a week for a Championship player is financial suicide!

Getting rid of these players is easier said than done. Not many clubs are going to match the wages that the likes of Duff, Butt, Smith and Barton get at the moment.

If they don't submit a transfer request and are sold then I think we would have to pay up their contract or subsidise their wages at a different club, much in the the same way that Leeds were doing with Danny Mills up until recently.

It comes down to whether we want to subsidise these players to play for another club or not. As Matt pointed out, a transfer request would solve this as I think that they would then forgo loyalty payments and what not. However, given how much desire these lads have shown this season something tells me that money is more a driving force than football.