The jury has spoken lads! LOL

LOL1!!1111!OMGLOLZ

ok lets talk facts then. list the trophies you have won? and TRY to compare that to spurs....you cant in any way shape or form. just like we cant compete with the like of UTD and pool who are bigger clubs admittedly

Domestically?

We've won 2 more league titles than you, you've won 2 more FA Cups than us.

In europe you've won 3 times to our 1.

Massive difference, eh? :D

Had we won on Sunday, we'd never have heard from you...

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just had a banana, an apple and a glass of water for my lunch.

Are you on a diet?

My body is a temple.

Shame it's a ruin :razz:

:D

A national treasure, regardless. English Heritage:D

And why is that dudum-ctcheeee smiley called a 'rimshot'. Sounds positively disgusting.

ok lets talk facts then. list the trophies you have won? and TRY to compare that to spurs....you cant in any way shape or form. just like we cant compete with the like of UTD and pool who are bigger clubs admittedly

Domestically?

Massive difference, eh? :D

I have to pick you up on a few things Craig. Most of Newcastles honours you are referring to are pre war.

Now catagorising what is known as "the modern game" is a tough thing to do, however I am not sure that a couple of fellas playing in the hob nail boots they wore down the pits and kicking a pigs bladder round the pitch counts.

I also notice you are conveniently forgetting to even count league cups.

Does amuse me when people start to stipulate what does and doesnt count when trying to make stats stack more in their favour "Err, no you cant count that Trophy as the game was played on a Tuesday" :D

I'll say again, neither team have much to shout about.

He's not even good enough to get me biting!

He must be bad :D

Nor me, and normally I'm like a starved version of Jaws.

You say that, but the real question is whether you shop at Iceland in the hope of seeing Kerry Katona there ??

Domestically?

Massive difference, eh? :razz:

I have to pick you up on a few things Craig. Most of Newcastles honours you are referring to are pre war.

Now catagorising what is known as "the modern game" is a tough thing to do, however I am not sure that a couple of fellas playing in the hob nail boots they wore down the pits and kicking a pigs bladder round the pitch counts.

I also notice you are conveniently forgetting to even count league cups.

:D

can we get back to attendances please lads?

tsk.

Better still, the percentages of capacity based on actual attendances. Only after the war, of course.

Blah de blah de blah. I'm off for another glass of water and then I'm going to clean the turnstile, oops, I mean the front door. All this football chat!!!

Good old Roflham Lolspurs.

Always there to remind that things could always be worse, when your own team is a pile of festering dogt*rd.

Could that have more of a hollow ring?

The original Bellevue Palace was built by the financier Friedrich Osswald in 1865 immediately adjacent to the seat of the federal government, the Bundeshaus. His heirs had the hotel torn down and rebuilt it in 1910[2] in the neoclassicist style. The new Bellevue Palace was reopened in 1913 and General Ulrich Wille made it Switzerland's military headquarters during World War I.[1] During World War II, the hotel remained open for business. It became a focal point of the warring powers' diplomatic and intelligence activities in Switzerland and its bar a haunt of OSS station chief Allen Dulles.[3][2] One half of the restaurant came to be frequented by Allied guests and the other by patrons from Axis states.

After the war, the hotel's fortunes declined sharply.[2] To prevent the state hotel from being acquired by foreign buyers, the Swiss National Bank acquired it in 1976, and in 1994 made a gift of it to the Confederation, which retains 99.7% of the hotel's shares.[1] After it became apparent that the Bellevue Palace was in need of an overhaul, as it lacked amenities such as air conditioning,[1] it was closed in 2002 for a one-year renovation that cost CHF 40 million and cut the number of rooms from 230 to 130.[1] Following a spate of bad publicity over low staff wages,[1] the Confederation turned over the management to a chain of Swiss luxury hotels in 2007.[4]

The Bellevue Palace has been host to a great number of heads of state and government, including Winston Churchill, Mikhail Gorbachev, Jawaharlal Nehru,[1] Queen Elizabeth II and Emperor Akihito.[5] When it was used as a negotiating venue in the Helsinki process during the Cold War, some participants called it "the best-protected building in Europe" due to its array of security features and extensive police protection.[6] Parts of John le Carré's spy novel Smiley's People and its TV adaption are set in the Bellevue Palace.[5] In Swiss politics, the hotel's bar and lounge are known to be the site of much late-night political horse trading during parliamentary sessions, such as arranging elections of Federal Councillors.[1]

Apart from ballrooms, restaurants, salons, bars and conference facilities, the Bellevue Palace features an array of suites, including an extensive "Presidential Suite" with a view of the Bernese Alps over the River Aar.[1] The hotel's cuisine is rated at 16 Gault Millau points.[5] Frommer's Switzerland describes the Bellevue Palace as "the grand old dame of Bern" and "the most lavish and opulent choice in town", opining that "dining on the renowned Bellevue Terrace is one of the reasons to come to Bern."[7] The hotel is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World association.