The Ashes

smoggeordie

It's a bit rich about Ponting talking about the 'spirit of the game', after his antics at Trent Bridge in '05. They lost a minute and a half according to Sky Sports, so that's under 20 seconds a day if you take it over 5 days. Less than the time taken for a sightscreen to be moved etc.

Time to get Harmison back in the team.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbh they had over 50 minutes and 11 overs to get one wicket including Monty Panesar, possibly one of the worst batsman in test cricket. They should have won easily and it's partly down to the Aussies letting England off the hook and partly down to sheer determination of Collingwood and the tail enders not to throw away wickets cheaply. This is just typical graceless bitter bollocks from Ponting and if I was Australian I'd be embarrassed by the hypocrisy. He should shut his trap, show a bit of class and get on with it. The Aussies were by far and away the better team over the match and they should leave it at that instead of whining like bubbly bairns about timewasting. Even if it's true.

It wasn't nice to see the timewasting though. Anyway great result but all in all it was a shit performance.

I was thinking about this last night. England were pretty much complete shite throughout, yet the convicts still couldn't beat us! If we can just up our game a bit, we may be able to give them a better match next time.

tbh they had over 50 minutes and 11 overs to get one wicket including Monty Panesar, possibly one of the worst batsman in test cricket. They should have won easily and it's partly down to the Aussies letting England off the hook and partly down to sheer determination of Collingwood and the tail enders not to throw away wickets cheaply. This is just typical graceless bitter bollocks from Ponting and if I was Australian I'd be embarrassed by the hypocrisy. He should shut his trap, show a bit of class and get on with it. The Aussies were by far and away the better team over the match and they should leave it at that instead of whining like bubbly bairns about timewasting. Even if it's true.

Did you listen to his post match interview on the ground at all? The interview where he congratulated England and Collingwood for holding out?

Your physio needs to lose his manboobs as well. :unsure:

Did you listen to his post match interview on the ground at all? The interview where he congratulated England and Collingwood for holding out?

Your physio needs to lose his manboobs as well. :unsure:

Did you hear him bitching and moaning about the physio coming on, when Australian teams for decades, particularly the ones he's played in and captained, have never been shy at time wasting, sledging or other pieces of gamesmanship?

I know fuck all about cricket, am a 2005 JCL, but what I do know is that Ricky Ponting is a horrible little tit!

as is so often and annoyingly the case though he is a cracking player

Your physio needs to lose his manboobs as well. :icon_lol:

Did you hear him bitching and moaning about the physio coming on, when Australian teams for decades, particularly the ones he's played in and captained, have never been shy at time wasting, sledging or other pieces of gamesmanship?

I said nothing of the kind so i dont know why you brought this up. I agree he is a little bitch at times, i was just defending him because he did congratulate England and Collingwood for battling it out et al.

Sledging, part of the game. Love a good sledge, find me a player who doesn't?

Bit disillusioned by some of the decisions made by Ponting in the last session. Siddle should have had more overs and Hauritz was overused imo. Match that should have been won

I thought Hilfenhaus should definitely have had more overs, he was taken out of the attack way too early. I don't understand why Ponting took him off and persisted with Mitchell Johnson. Johnson absolutely wasted an opportunity with the second new ball.

Anyway a draw is a decent enough result. I don't blame England for time wasting. They are absolutely outclassed in every facet of the game. Let them send out a fat bastard of a physio to waste time. Seeing him waddle on then off with his boobs jiggling about was probably the highlight of the test match for me, besides the 4 centuries made.

I really can't see England winning any of the next 4 matches. They offer nothing. They get their hopes up by beating a bunch of part timers from the Caribbean and think they're in with a chance against Australia. The best they can hope for are 4 draws. Who knows, we may see that fat bastard waddling onto the ground again eh?

And England will once again celebrate a draw as if it were a win. :icon_lol:

Bit disillusioned by some of the decisions made by Ponting in the last session. Siddle should have had more overs and Hauritz was overused imo. Match that should have been won

I thought Hilfenhaus should definitely have had more overs, he was taken out of the attack way too early. I don't understand why Ponting took him off and persisted with Mitchell Johnson. Johnson absolutely wasted an opportunity with the second new ball.

Anyway a draw is a decent enough result. I don't blame England for time wasting. They are absolutely outclassed in every facet of the game. Let them send out a fat bastard of a physio to waste time. Seeing him waddle on then off with his boobs jiggling about was probably the highlight of the test match for me, besides the 4 centuries made.

I really can't see England winning any of the next 4 matches. They offer nothing. They get their hopes up by beating a bunch of part timers from the Caribbean and think they're in with a chance against Australia. The best they can hope for are 4 draws. Who knows, we may see that fat bastard waddling onto the ground again eh?

Any team would have celebrated a draw under the circumstances, a bit like you lot did in 2005. I'd think anyone with a bit of a clue wouldn't celebrate like it was a win though. Not saying we deserved much out of the game but I think you arrogance is a bit misplaced since Monty Panesar (one of the biggest 'rabbits' in test cricket) looked like he could have batted all day against your average attack.

And how is a draw a 'decent enough result' for a team who 'outclassed' us 'in every facet of the game'?

Edited by alex

Your physio needs to lose his manboobs as well. :icon_lol:

No. But then I was watching the Aussie Sky coverage, which just had Ponting whingeing over and over again at his press conference.

Any team would have celebrated a draw under the circumstances, a bit like you lot did in 2005. I'd think anyone with a bit of a clue wouldn't celebrate like it was a win though. Not saying we deserved much out of the game but I think you arrogance is a bit misplaced since Monty Panesar (one of the biggest 'rabbits' in test cricket) looked like he could have batted all day against your average attack.

And how is a draw a 'decent enough result' for a team who 'outclassed' us 'in every facet of the game'?

Many people celebrated the result as if it were a win. Perhaps this is why England are inferior; they don't expect to win against Australia and rightly so. And Alex, tell me one area that England were better in...

England, I believe are second rate, despite Australia's current lack of a game killer. What have they really got to offer in the next 4 games?

Onions?!?

Who the fuck is Onions... you'll need potatoes, shitakes and rice plus more and more carbs before you get even close.

Wellsy and Ken nowhere to be seen for months then show up now. Worse than Mackems tbh.

I view the forum quite frequently, also post comments up time and time again, and most recently when relegation was official. Better concentrating on the bloody cricket than the shower of shite that is Newcastle United Football Club at the moment wouldn't you agree? :icon_lol:

Wellsy and Ken nowhere to be seen for months then show up now. Worse than Mackems tbh.

I view the forum quite frequently, also post comments up time and time again, and most recently when relegation was official. Better concentrating on the bloody cricket than the shower of shite that is Newcastle United Football Club at the moment wouldn't you agree? :icon_lol:

I'll stick a wink on next time. :icon_lol:

Many people celebrated the result as if it were a win. Perhaps this is why England are inferior; they don't expect to win against Australia and rightly so. And Alex, tell me one area that England were better in...

England, I believe are second rate, despite Australia's current lack of a game killer. What have they really got to offer in the next 4 games?

Onions?!?

Who the fuck is Onions... you'll need potatoes, shitakes and rice plus more and more carbs before you get even close.

I'm not saying we weren't inferior in every aspect though. The point is it was a great result under the circumstances because of that. And winning / losing has very little to do with fans' expectations as I think a lot of people thought England had a great chance of recapturing the Ashes and still do so I wouldn't say there's much to your argument that we the difference in the teams is down to fans not expecting to win. Also, I think the celebrations were largely short-lived because we were outplayed (I was delighted because we should have lost when you looked at the situation we were in but not kidding myself we were any great shakes). I still think Australia will win because although they aren't the side they were 4 or 2 years ago we're nowhere near the side we were last time we played you lot in England. We've been poor over the last couple of years in particular. We've got a bit of a chance if we up our game though I think because it's in England and the lack of experience against swing might be a factor. I actually think on paper we have at least as good an attack as yours too (especially with Brett Lee out). Trouble is we'll have to perform at nearly 100% in every session of every test and we haven't looked like doing that lately.

Onions?!?

Yes, just like you did at Old Trafford in 2005...

In fact from what I recall, Lee and McGrath seemed a lot happier with that than the England batsmen. They were only one wicket away from defeat.

Edited by TheInspiration

I wasn't going to post in here either but i felt compelled to stick up for Punter.

Can't wait till Lords though. Hopefully Hughes does a bit of work on his technique. Don't know what was going on with how he batted in the first innings. Also Mitch bowled poorly on day 5 and i hope he bounces back.