The Ashes

smoggeordie

10-2, Ponting out! A bit conterversial too, which is brilliant for that smug twat.

Not sure if he's out caught or lbw. Don't care either!

Anderson again... Oh Jimmy Jimmy!

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbf I think 'never walk but never question the umpire's decision' which is the way a lot of Aussies seem to be brought up is fair enough. Still funny however.

Ponting shouldn't have been given out, but considering how claims to never walk, I have no sympathy for him. :D

Ponting was correctly given out, but for the wrong method of dismissal. Not out for the catch, but plumb in front for the LBW.

Ponting's a cunt, ask him about the Bourbon and Beefsteak if you want to see how much a man he is.

ps. Wellsy, mate as a fellow Australian I feel the way you seem to turn up just in time for the ashes as cheap and nasty.

We may be convicts but waving the stolen piece of bread in front of the commonwealth, well it's just not cricket.

Ponting's a cunt, ask him about the Bourbon and Beefsteak if you want to see how much a man he is.

ps. Wellsy, mate as a fellow Australian I feel the way you seem to turn up just in time for the ashes as cheap and nasty.

We may be convicts but waving the stolen piece of bread in front of the commonwealth, well it's just not cricket.

:D

:D

Oh but don't get me started about wacky :icon_lol:

When I went to Australia the immigration control asked me if I had a criminal record. I told them I hadnt realised you still needed one! :D

No, you didn't. :icon_lol:

When I went to Australia the immigration control asked me if I had a criminal record. I told them I hadnt realised you still needed one! :icon_lol:

Not that you will appreciate it but allegedly when a drummer from 90's English band Swervedriver was going through Australian customs, the customs officer asked him if he had any drugs on him?

Obviously the drummer answered no, only for the customs officer to look at him and say, "don't worry mate that will change soon!" :D

Aussies 111-5 that's what i like to see! England's bowlers needed to step up for this one and they certainly have so far, have to hope they can really rip through them in case the weather comes into play again.

Let's slaughter the sheep fuckers tomorrow. I still think weather and the convicts will conspire to draw the match though.

Obviously you have us mixed up with the land Kitman lives in, either that or your welsh dad. :D

Isn't there something like 200 million sheep in Australia? Whatever the actual figure, the sheep to person ratio is velcro glove wearingly high I believe, and is nearly as bad as New Zealand. Anyway, my dad, and my grandad are both monkey hangers by birth so nice try but no cigar.

Let's slaughter the sheep fuckers tomorrow. I still think weather and the convicts will conspire to draw the match though.

Obviously you have us mixed up with the land Kitman lives in, either that or your welsh dad. :D

:icon_lol: South Island has lots of sheep and few people so I understand. I expect people's romantic options are a little limited there of a Friday night :icon_lol:

Isn't there something like 200 million sheep in Australia? Whatever the actual figure, the sheep to person ratio is velcro glove wearingly high I believe, and is nearly as bad as New Zealand. Anyway, my dad, and my grandad are both monkey hangers by birth so nice try but no cigar.

Who fucking knows but have you seen the size of this place? There could be ten times that and you still would only see one on your plate for Sunday lunch.

According to wikipedia:

New Zealand has the highest density of sheep per capita (sheep outnumber the human population 12 to 1), and Australia is the world's indisputably largest exporter of sheep and cattle.

So Billy :D

Who fucking knows but have you seen the size of this place? There could be ten times that and you still would only see one on your plate for Sunday lunch.

According to wikipedia:

New Zealand has the highest density of sheep per capita (sheep outnumber the human population 12 to 1), and Australia is the world's indisputably largest exporter of sheep and cattle.

So Billy :D

Sooo, I am a sheep shagger because I'm not from a place where there are sheep? I'm now confused. Good smiley though.

Bat an hour and a quarter or so tomorrow, get the lead up to 600+ and then declare (unless we're all out). Cheeky half an hour at them before lunch then 5 full sessions to bowl them out. If we can't do that, we don't deserve to win.

Bat an hour and a quarter or so tomorrow, get the lead up to 600+ and then declare (unless we're all out). Cheeky half an hour at them before lunch then 5 full sessions to bowl them out. If we can't do that, we don't deserve to win.

I don't know the exact weather forecast but theres no way we should be batting anymore, getting 400 in an 4th innings run chase is virtually impossible, we already have more than 500, we have to get bowling at them as soon as possible and make sure we get them out.

If it was me, and i think Strauss may have done the same i would have had 5-10 overs at them today if it wasn't for the fact the light meant the aussie batsmen would have been able to go straight off, because i think we could have nicked a wicket or 2 tonight and been well set to rip into them tomorrow.

I don't know the exact weather forecast but theres no way we should be batting anymore, getting 400 in an 4th innings run chase is virtually impossible, we already have more than 500, we have to get bowling at them as soon as possible and make sure we get them out.

If it was me, and i think Strauss may have done the same i would have had 5-10 overs at them today if it wasn't for the fact the light meant the aussie batsmen would have been able to go straight off, because i think we could have nicked a wicket or 2 tonight and been well set to rip into them tomorrow.

If the sun is shining and Australia bat like they did in Cardiff, chasing 500 down, however unlikely, isn't impossible. The pitch is still terrific to bat on.

If the sun is shining and Australia bat like they did in Cardiff, chasing 500 down, however unlikely, isn't impossible. The pitch is still terrific to bat on.

Yeah the last three July Tests at Lords have been draws iirc. It's as good as you'll get for fifth-day chasing these days. Still think we should have a quick blast in the morning to get to 600 and then declare if we aren't bowled out.

I'd personally go with all the historical evidence, that nobody has chased down anything close to Enfland's total ever, and they actually showed the highest ever run chases at lords and they were all from 1930 and earlier!

I know Strauss would look bad if they managed it, but he'd look far worse if he batted and then the weather went tits up and he ran out of time to bowl them out. I'm not saying the aussies mightn't have a crack at winning, but really they're going to look for the draw i think, banking on some bad weather over the 2 days and so i want to be bowling at them straight away, especially as there could be a bit in the pitch/conditions early morning.