The Ashes

smoggeordie

It's a shame that we threw away wickets, especially Flintoff and Prior in the last 4 overs. At 337-5 it would clearly have been our day. As it is, if we can manage 400+, it's a good start. The strategy seems to be the wicket will deteriorate as the match wears on making it tough for the Aussies batting last against 2 spinners.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tail wagging a bit. c'mon lads go for 425!

400 will be a very good score and entirely doable as long as Swann and Anderson stay in. Panesar can't even hold a cricket bat :lol:

I always think if the tail can hold on frustrate the Aussies then it'll give a big boost to everyone involved; the crowd, and the players.

It seems when a tail ender hits a 4 it's worth more than just 4 runs because they're bonus runs really, but with Broard, Anderson and Swann down there it could be quite a big weapon in this series.

Even if they can add say 40-50 runs between them it could make a massive difference with the teams being so equally matched overall.

I always think if the tail can hold on frustrate the Aussies then it'll give a big boost to everyone involved; the crowd, and the players.

It seems when a tail ender hits a 4 it's worth more than just 4 runs because they're bonus runs really, but with Broard, Anderson and Swann down there it could be quite a big weapon in this series.

Even if they can add say 40-50 runs between them it could make a massive difference with the teams being so equally matched overall.

Just been discussing on TMS how often an opener gets himself out cheaply due to frustration after the other teams tail-enders have been knocking it around.

Lets hope so :lol:

Its great to see an England team that can bat so far down the order with Broad and Swann capable of some serious scoring, and with Anderson chipping in nicely there as well the Aussies know they're in for a battle to bowl us out twice in a match.

Apparently if Monty can get 10 runs (I know, I know) it will be the first time ever that every member of England's batting order have reached double figures.

These are the kind of scores our batsmen should have been making instead of spunking their wicket away once they got past 50.

And I for one am absolutely astonished that Panesar has been as useful as condom machine in the vatican. Especially considering he's been averaging 80 in county cricket and been ineffective on turning decks in India and the West Indies this winter. Oh well, at least he brings something else to the side apart from his repetitive, easy to read useless bowling.

Oh wait.

:lol: