The Ashes

smoggeordie

i'm staying up tonight for sure. should be some good scenes at the scg. i'm sure at least two thirds will be barmy army. the aussies don't usually turn up when they know they're going to be on the wrogn end of a hiding.

happy days

Aye, we are not used to losing, it's not part of our culture, 24 years it's been hasn't it? (enter Stevie with a damning comment here). :icon_lol:

Anyway, England have been dominant. Batting, fielding, bowling, planning, executing, it's been top notch. Without wanting to sound like that lapdog, Wellsy, good on you England, you have deserved it!

Now bring on the ODI's....

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An absolutely incredible performance, England have thoroughly outclassed Australia. 3-1 flatters the convicts. All manner of records have been broken, but one of the most relevant and my favourites is Australia have never had two innings defeats in a home series, let alone three.

Fantastic. Now, onwards, to a first World Cup triumph then a series win against India this summer for the first time since 1996. This side can be the best in the world.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Just watching SNN :icon_lol: what a cheek, they're singing....

We are the army, the Barmy Army, Oh we are mental, and we are mad, We are the loyalest, cricket supporters

That the world has ever had

hehe get your own songs

An absolutely incredible performance, England have thoroughly outclassed Australia. 3-1 flatters the convicts. All manner of records have been broken, but one of the most relevant and my favourites is Australia have never had two innings defeats in a home series, let alone three.

Fantastic. Now, onwards, to a first World Cup triumph then a series win against India this summer for the first time since 1996. This side can be the best in the world.

Apparently only Bangladesh, and now Australia, have ever suffered three innings defeats in a test series. Not a happy stat for any Aussie.

Just watching SNN :wank: what a cheek, they're singing....

We are the army, the Barmy Army, Oh we are mental, and we are mad, We are the loyalest, cricket supporters

That the world has ever had

hehe get your own songs

they've been singing it a few years now to be fair.

they probably are the most loyal bunch of supporters in any sport and they're unlike any other set of fans in cricket. turn out in vast numbers on ever overseas tour and make most away tests feel like home games, despite how shite england have been over the years. i only get to a couple of tests a year but it's an honour to sit among them.

I don't understand where they get the cash or time off work. I realize that as an army they probably work a shift pattern btw.

they make a bit of cash from merchandise. i think the likes of jimmy and billy the trumpeter must get help with expenses. the atmopshere's wouldn't be the same without those two.

i used to love southgate's flintofff song. he did a rousing rendition of it in the eric hollies stand at edgo in last summer's ashes series. belter.

here he is doing it at headingly

As one of the token Aussies on this forum I should weigh in with my thoughts.

I really don't like many of the Australian cricketers, most of all Ponting. So I enjoy seeing him squirm, and can gleefully imagine him cracking the shits at being surrepticiously dropped under the guise of his injury.

All said and done it was an embarrassing series for the Australian team highlighting the big gulf between the two teams, and pointing to the need for a big restructuring of the Australian team. This will have been uncannily good for the popularity of Cricket in England no doubt. In Australia the prevailing trend would be one of losing interest. That's more down to the period of dominance Australia had a few years back with an equally unlikeable team (IMO) that it is to their inadequacies now. I'm much more interested in the Cricket when Australia are underdogs.

• 5 months later...
If you sign up to the Durham CCC Website you can buy tickets for the 2013 Ashes Test at Chester Le Street now.

Have you got a link for that? Can't see it on their site.

There was something in the press about getting first dibs on those tickets if you buy a Twenty/20 season ticket at Durham (think they're about £80). Not sure if that's what he was getting confused with.

Cheers. Found them although the website design isn't exactly user-friendly. You'd think they'd advertise the fact on the homepage too.

Well they are only meant to be on sale for members (ie. people with season tickets). I think it's a bit of an oversight on their behalf that you can become a member by just signing up online.

Ah right. The website's still not great like ;)

Bought a couple for the first day so anyone else should avoid that on the basis it'll now piss down.

http://www.durhamccc.talent-sport.co.uk/Pa...ome.aspx?Page=2

Bizarre that it seems that they've listed the Ashes Test match as being Monday to Friday, can't see it being like that.

It'll either start on a thursday making days 3 & 4 the weekend or a Friday making days 2 & 3 the weekend won't it?

I can't see it starting on any other day, can you?