The Ashes

smoggeordie

Anyone seen Ken? :rolleyes:

:) I'm guessing he'll do the usual Aussie trick of pretending it didn't happen. I'm seriously expecting it won't be reported on Aussie Sky news. Of course, if their fortunes improve Ken will be back like a shot, as if he'd never gone <_<

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stevie

:) I'm guessing he'll do the usual Aussie trick of pretending it didn't happen. I'm seriously expecting it won't be reported on Aussie Sky news. Of course, if their fortunes improve Ken will be back like a shot, as if he'd never gone <_<

Kitman who do you prefer Aussies or English and why?

Get in!

Special mentions obviously to Flintoff but also Anderson who was superb with bat and ball in the first innings.

Rain for the rest of the summer anyone?

Probably the English I reckon.

Ripper!

I prefer the English. Because I'm an Englishman :razz:

tbh I don't have a problem with Aussies, they seem to export the worst ones to England. I do a lot of business with the Aussies and they're good craic by and large. As a nation they're obsessed with sport in an East German type of way but I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

:) I'm guessing he'll do the usual Aussie trick of pretending it didn't happen. I'm seriously expecting it won't be reported on Aussie Sky news. Of course, if their fortunes improve Ken will be back like a shot, as if he'd never gone :razz:

Probably the English I reckon.

Ripper!

Very perceptive Alex <_<

Guest Stevie

I prefer the English. Because I'm an Englishman :razz:

tbh I don't have a problem with Aussies, they seem to export the worst ones to England. I do a lot of business with the Aussies and they're good craic by and large. As a nation they're obsessed with sport in an East German type of way but I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Ah fair enough.

Does anyone know why Graeme Swann supports Newcastle? He's from down south isn't he? Are you Gejon in disguise??

:) I'm guessing he'll do the usual Aussie trick of pretending it didn't happen. I'm seriously expecting it won't be reported on Aussie Sky news. Of course, if their fortunes improve Ken will be back like a shot, as if he'd never gone :razz:

I prefer the English. Because I'm an Englishman :icon_lol:

Ah fair enough.

Are you Gejon in disguise??

<_< I'm more of an OOT than Gejon, I think you'll find

That was fucking mint! Caught the last couple of wickets in the SEVENTH bar I went in, fucking disgrace, national game, epic win, historic victory and all the noncey wine bars and gastro pubs LESS THAN 4 MILES from the home of cricket don't have it. London sucks balls man.

Anyway, minor rant over, that was a cracking game and an excellent victory following our reslience at Cardiff.

NEXT!

Bit disillusioned by some of the decisions made by Ponting in the last session. Siddle should have had more overs and Hauritz was overused imo. Match that should have been won

I thought Hilfenhaus should definitely have had more overs, he was taken out of the attack way too early. I don't understand why Ponting took him off and persisted with Mitchell Johnson. Johnson absolutely wasted an opportunity with the second new ball.

Anyway a draw is a decent enough result. I don't blame England for time wasting. They are absolutely outclassed in every facet of the game. Let them send out a fat bastard of a physio to waste time. Seeing him waddle on then off with his boobs jiggling about was probably the highlight of the test match for me, besides the 4 centuries made.

I really can't see England winning any of the next 4 matches. They offer nothing. They get their hopes up by beating a bunch of part timers from the Caribbean and think they're in with a chance against Australia. The best they can hope for are 4 draws. Who knows, we may see that fat bastard waddling onto the ground again eh?

And England will once again celebrate a draw as if it were a win. :rolleyes:

Any team would have celebrated a draw under the circumstances, a bit like you lot did in 2005. I'd think anyone with a bit of a clue wouldn't celebrate like it was a win though. Not saying we deserved much out of the game but I think you arrogance is a bit misplaced since Monty Panesar (one of the biggest 'rabbits' in test cricket) looked like he could have batted all day against your average attack.

And how is a draw a 'decent enough result' for a team who 'outclassed' us 'in every facet of the game'?

Many people celebrated the result as if it were a win. Perhaps this is why England are inferior; they don't expect to win against Australia and rightly so. And Alex, tell me one area that England were better in...

England, I believe are second rate, despite Australia's current lack of a game killer. What have they really got to offer in the next 4 games?

Onions?!?

Who the fuck is Onions... you'll need potatoes, shitakes and rice plus more and more carbs before you get even close.

moss_d.jpg "Egg and my face, were in allignment!"

You'd think after 2005 he'd learn to wait a bit before coming up with this kind of shit!

Great effort from Freddie, when he's on that kind of form he's unstopable and will be a massive miss when we play the best, in other series we can get by without him, but for the likes of the Aussies, you want Flintoff firing away.

I just suspected that once he said he'd be retiring after this series that he would go out in style, and so far he's on course for that!

All of a sudden we look a much weaker team, despite KP being in poor form. A 3/4/5 of Bopara, Bell and Collingwood hardly fills you with confidence, especially when Australia have Ponting, Hussey and Clarke.

I was watching some highlights of the 5th test from 2005 the other day. I'd completely forgotten how insanely good he was in that second innings. Brett Lee steaming in and Pietersen just splatting him all over the place.

Driving down from Boro early doors tomorrow for the game. Hopefully the weather will improve and there will be as close to a full days play as possible!

For all those who are interested, there's a limited number of returned tickets available from Edgbaston ticket office now.