The Ashes

smoggeordie

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love Warney's commentary :D

Warne: "He's changed his game Johnson, he should be okay unless he has a rush of blood or a brain fade"

Nass: "....and he's gone!"

Edited by Ketsbaia

follow-on :icon_lol:

:D

I wouldn't myself. Bat ahain and put the runs on the board and have them bat last on this pitch which is offering plenty to the bowlers already!

yeah chance about gone now, but if we can keep them under 150, add another 300 ourselves tomorrow then 2 days to bowl them out.

fucking hell another gone while I am typing!

follow-on :icon_lol:

:D

I wouldn't myself. Bat ahain and put the runs on the board and have them bat last on this pitch which is offering plenty to the bowlers already!

Agreed, this pitch is turning more hazardly than Felipe Massa's Ferrari.

160 all out, lead of 172, the aussies have no spinner playing, good weather forecast for the rest of the test, we couldn't have asked for a better chance.

If we do manage to win the ashes it'll be funny to look at the leading run scorers and wicket takers for the series and they'll nearly all be Aussies!

The inevitable wobble has happened which was always going to be the case, its never comfortable with England, but at least with 2 wickets down we already have a healthy lead of 206 and in a way if we struggle a bit with the bat then they should be in trouble batting after us on this pitch!

Have we got any batsmen who can bowl the occasional bit of spin?

Besides Swann?

Cook has bowled the very occasional bit of spin in the past. The rest of our batsmen are part time medium pace trundlers, with varying degrees of skill and experience.

Should've bee about 300-5 at the close. I fully expect Australia to get 450+ then it's goodnight Vienna I'm afraid.

your nee Geoff Boycott :lol:

must admit i was expecting the convicts to be ahead by tea today!!! ah well C'MON ENGLAND

Should've bee about 300-5 at the close. I fully expect Australia to get 450+ then it's goodnight Vienna I'm afraid.

must admit i was expecting the convicts to be ahead by tea today!!! ah well C'MON ENGLAND

I nearly said 'except it won't happen now because I've said so' but I refrained because I knew that would put the kaibosh on it :razz:

I nearly said 'except it won't happen now because I've said so' but I refrained because I knew that would put the kaibosh on it :razz:

Can you make a wild statement about the Aussies batting for two days and managing to achieve the ridiculous run chase they've been set? Thanks.

your nee Geoff Boycott :razz:

I nearly said 'except it won't happen now because I've said so' but I refrained because I knew that would put the kaibosh on it :aye:

Can you make a wild statement about the Aussies batting for two days and managing to achieve the ridiculous run chase they've been set? Thanks.

If anyone can do it, it'll be the aussies. Lead less than 400 now :lol:

If I knowingly do it, it doesn't work :aye: