Another day, another 9 "terrorists" released without charge

Rob W

So this was what it was all about - "terrorists" going to bomb Manchester.... or rather.................. not

another case of the Govt trying to frighten people

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this was what it was all about - "terrorists" going to bomb Manchester.... or rather.................. not

another case of the Govt trying to frighten people

Same as it ever was on Airstrip One.

Thought they were handed over to immigration rather than released. Only heard it on the news this morning like so I might have misheard that.

The lawyer, Mohammed Ayub, said in a statement: "After 13 days in custody, during which no evidence of any wrongdoing was disclosed, they [his three clients] have now been released without charge.

"Our clients have no criminal history, they were here lawfully on student visas and all were pursuing their studies and working part-time. Our clients are neither extremists nor terrorists."

*Lawyer in defending client shocker*

Exactly. No on knows what the facts are and there's a big difference between not being able to prove something and complete innocence. I don't buy into the idea it's a big conspiracy, mainly because I don't think the government are competent enough to pull it off, given how many people would need to be complicit and to stay quiet. The lads could be innocent but I'd say that's probably down to poor intelligence, if anything.

Most probably poor intelligence again. I actually don't think the government has much to gain by exaggerating the terrorist threat now, they look finished, and it'll look even worse after today's budget. I think they've been guilty of bigging it in the past though.

Most probably poor intelligence again. I actually don't think the government has much to gain by exaggerating the terrorist threat now, they look finished, and it'll look even worse after today's budget. I think they've been guilty of bigging it in the past though.

How would arresting a load of people without enough evidence to charge them do anything other than make the government look bad? Rhetorical question, obviously.

How would arresting a load of people without enough evidence to charge them do anything other than make the government look bad? Rhetorical question, obviously.

The enemy within?

The enemy within?

I'm almost tempted to ask you to explain that :D

The enemy within?

I'm almost tempted to ask you to explain that :D

:razz:

Exactly. No on knows what the facts are and there's a big difference between not being able to prove something and complete innocence. I don't buy into the idea it's a big conspiracy, mainly because I don't think the government are competent enough to pull it off, given how many people would need to be complicit and to stay quiet. The lads could be innocent but I'd say that's probably down to poor intelligence, if anything.

That they had to launch an operation because the notes were photoed in public probably didn't help anything.

Although in this situation whether they'd get enough to convict (assuming they were up to something) is likely reasonably low anyway.

That they had to launch an operation because the notes were photoed in public probably didn't help anything.

Although in this situation whether they'd get enough to convict (assuming they were up to something) is likely reasonably low anyway.

It was only brought forward 12 hours or something wasn't it?

Parky I am all up for questioning the motives behind some decisions that are made by those on high but do you have a complete inability to take anything at face value.

Unless it's someone saying they believe in aliens.

A very low blow Alexis. :razz:

:D Hardly. I do find it somewhat ironic though that people (and this by no means applies to just yourself) who question virtually every motive of those in power often believe the most outlandish conspiracy theories without demur.

Edited by alex

:D Hardly. I do find it somewhat ironic though that people (and this by no means applies to just yourself) who question virtually every motive of those in power often believe the most outlandish conspiracy theories without demur.

It brings balance to the force sweetie. :razz:

Not really, it's a complete contradiction, honey :D

Not really, it's a complete contradiction, honey :D

Spot on, its one of the worst side effects of the internet IMO.

Some people dont deserve a stage.