Another day, another 9 "terrorists" released without charge

Rob W

Unless it's someone saying they believe in aliens.

A very low blow Alexis. :razz:

:D Hardly. I do find it somewhat ironic though that people (and this by no means applies to just yourself) who question virtually every motive of those in power often believe the most outlandish conspiracy theories without demur.

It brings balance to the force sweetie. :razz:

Not really, it's a complete contradiction, honey :D

Spot on, its one of the worst side effects of the internet IMO.

Some people dont deserve a stage.

Some of those sites are hilarious mind. The downside is some people still believe them. That South Park episode where they're all ran by the US Government is quite funny btw.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Hardly. I do find it somewhat ironic though that people (and this by no means applies to just yourself) who question virtually every motive of those in power often believe the most outlandish conspiracy theories without demur.

It brings balance to the force sweetie. :razz:

Some of those sites are hilarious mind. The downside is some people still believe them. That South Park episode where they're all ran by the US Government is quite funny btw.

I think at its worst it can worsen cases of mental illness and paranoia.

Honestly I had a conversation with a fella down the pub the other day...not the cleverest of blokes I grant you.

Unfortunatly he had managed to set up the internet in his house some how.

He was telling me that I was a slave because I had a job and a mortgage and that it was illegal for the government to charge you tax.

He told also told me that our names are capitalised so the goverment can treat us as companies rather than individuals.

He came up with lots of "facts" like people do on here that I had no way of disproving.

In the end I had to tell him I didn't really care and walked off.

Guest Stevie

Regardless if some of the conspiracy theories are true about governments, UFO's, wars, climate change, the truest phrase in life is ignorance is bliss.

Like I said, that's the downside Danny although he sounds like he had problems to start with.

I'd love to know how many of them are spoofs like. I read an amusing one about 'Black Helicopters' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_helicopter). It claimed that there were little ones that got into your blood stream and flew about your body influencing and controlling what you did.

*Lawyer in defending client shocker*

Exactly. No on knows what the facts are and there's a big difference between not being able to prove something and complete innocence. I don't buy into the idea it's a big conspiracy, mainly because I don't think the government are competent enough to pull it off, given how many people would need to be complicit and to stay quiet. The lads could be innocent but I'd say that's probably down to poor intelligence, if anything.

That they had to launch an operation because the notes were photoed in public probably didn't help anything.

Although in this situation whether they'd get enough to convict (assuming they were up to something) is likely reasonably low anyway.

It was only brought forward 12 hours or something wasn't it?

That's probably what they are saying now. :D

It brings balance to the force sweetie. :D

I think at its worst it can worsen cases of mental illness and paranoia.

Honestly I had a conversation with a fella down the pub the other day...not the cleverest of blokes I grant you.

Unfortunatly he had managed to set up the internet in his house some how.

He was telling me that I was a slave because I had a job and a mortgage and that it was illegal for the government to charge you tax.

He told also told me that our names are capitalised so the goverment can treat us as companies rather than individuals.

He came up with lots of "facts" like people do on here that I had no way of disproving.

In the end I had to tell him I didn't really care and walked off.

Sounds like it did the trick then. :razz:

*Lawyer in defending client shocker*

Exactly. No on knows what the facts are and there's a big difference between not being able to prove something and complete innocence. I don't buy into the idea it's a big conspiracy, mainly because I don't think the government are competent enough to pull it off, given how many people would need to be complicit and to stay quiet. The lads could be innocent but I'd say that's probably down to poor intelligence, if anything.

That they had to launch an operation because the notes were photoed in public probably didn't help anything.

Although in this situation whether they'd get enough to convict (assuming they were up to something) is likely reasonably low anyway.

It was only brought forward 12 hours or something wasn't it?

That's probably what they are saying now. :D

It is. I mean that might be a cover-up too.

Dominic Casciani, of the BBC's home affairs team

If someone is arrested on suspicion of a crime, they either end up in the dock or walking out of the police station a free man.

But for foreign nationals accused of crime there is a third way - being sent directly for immigration removal.

The home secretary has considerable powers to deport foreign nationals whose presence is not conducive to the public good - and she doesn't need hard criminal evidence to go ahead.

The cases will go to the Special Immigration Appeals Commission, effectively a national security tribunal.

It can hear evidence in secret - which means that intelligence assessments with no weight in a criminal trial can be used to ban someone from the UK.

That means that we're unlikely to ever hear the full story - and if the men lose, the security services can say they acted appropriately.

It boils down to the difference between whatever the secret intelligence police and security services believed they had uncovered and the lack of evidence that the men were doing anything illegal.

If someone is arrested on suspicion of a crime, they either end up in the dock or walking out of the police station a free man.

But for foreign nationals accused of crime there is a third way - being sent directly for immigration removal.

The home secretary has considerable powers to deport foreign nationals whose presence is not conducive to the public good - and she doesn't need hard criminal evidence to go ahead.

The cases will go to the Special Immigration Appeals Commission, effectively a national security tribunal.

It can hear evidence in secret - which means that intelligence assessments with no weight in a criminal trial can be used to ban someone from the UK.

That means that we're unlikely to ever hear the full story - and if the men lose, the security services can say they acted appropriately.

It boils down to the difference between whatever the secret intelligence police and security services believed they had uncovered and the lack of evidence that the men were doing anything illegal.

Are you opposed to this Fop out of interest?

So this was what it was all about - "terrorists" going to bomb Manchester.... or rather.................. not

another case of the Govt trying to frighten people

more anti west shite from you Rob.

If you're happy for terrorists and suspected terrorists to be loose on the streets, you should go and live in the middle east.

Don't complain the next time they do bomb somewhere and kill innocent civilians, and complain they are unable to do their jobs when you agree with their release

No smoke without fire. They have their intelligence, and their reasons to hold them, just because they can't get evidence doesn't mean they aren't plotting.

So this was what it was all about - "terrorists" going to bomb Manchester.... or rather.................. not

If you're happy for terrorists and suspected terrorists to be loose on the streets, you should go and live in the middle east.

Don't complain the next time they do bomb somewhere and kill innocent civilians, and complain they are unable to do their jobs when you agree with their release

No smoke without fire. They have their intelligence, and their reasons to hold them, just because they can't get evidence doesn't mean they aren't plotting.

I reckon you're a terrorist LM

You've the aggressive nature, the agenda, the blind fury...

I reckon you should turn yourself in.

I reckon you're a terrorist LM

You've the aggressive nature, the agenda, the blind fury...

I reckon you should turn yourself in.

:nufc: Ticking bomb stylee.

Are you opposed to this Fop out of interest?

Deportation? Not really considering probably 50%+ of people in the UK on student visas should probably be deported, legally or morally.

Lord Carlile calls inquiry into terror bomb plot raids

• Police deny error as 12 are freed without charge

• Lawyers try to stop deportation to Pakistan

Sandra Laville and Helen Carter

The Guardian, Thursday 23 April 2009

Article history

The operation that led to 12 men being arrested on suspicion of plotting a large al-Qaida atrocity is to be investigated by Lord Carlile, the country's terror watchdog.

Carlile, the independent reviewer of terrorism legislation, said he would carry out a review into the raids, that took place in the north-west of England on the Wednesday before Easter, after all 12 suspects were released without charge.

As lawyers for some of the men said they would resist attempts to deport them to Pakistan, the chief constable of Greater Manchester police, who led the operation, denied his force had been embarrassed.

"I do not believe a mistake was made," said Peter Fahy. "We were faced with a very difficult decision."

The last two suspects were released into the custody of the UK Border Agency by the police yesterday, 24 hours after nine others had been transferred to the border agency for deportation without being charged.

"Suspected" is the critical phrase here dear boy

rounding people up on the say -so of a Govt Minister without due process is the act of a Dictatorship

rounding people up on the say -so of a Govt Minister without due process is the act of a Dictatorship

In all honesty there's millions here that quite legally (and/or morally) should be deported, including many that were born here. :nufc:

Student visa's seem to be the current course of least resistance (especially married* with fake ID and qualifications).

As for this case specifically at best they do have things that wouldn't stand up in court/couldn't be revealed in open court and at worst some innocent people are being sent back to their own country. :(

I'd be more worried about the processes before that, either in identifying the wrong people or in not being able to get the right stuff on the right people.

But either way it's not a human right to be able to stay in the UK, even though it pretty much seems like it is most of the time.

*coupled - not literally married

no it isn't. They have their reasons to hold people, this isn't Zimbabwe or old style Iraq [or would be if you had your way and continue to think we should allow mass influx of racist foreigners to insist they play by their own rules and traditions]. You will be the first to complain the next time a bomb goes off and they didn't get their man before it happens, because they weren't allowed more power to hold them and so curtail their "freedom" and "infringe on their rights"

Edited by LeazesMag

In all honesty there's millions here that quite legally (and/or morally) should be deported, including many that were born here. :nufc:

Student visa's seem to be the current course of least resistance (especially married* with fake ID and qualifications).

As for this case specifically at best they do have things that wouldn't stand up in court/couldn't be revealed in open court and at worst some innocent people are being sent back to their own country. :(

I'd be more worried about the processes before that, either in identifying the wrong people or in not being able to get the right stuff on the right people.

But either way it's not a human right to be able to stay in the UK, even though it pretty much seems like it is most of the time.

*coupled - not literally married

nice one FOP, wait for a couple of the usual smart dicks to say they know better

:)

it is a Human Right not to be deported just on a politicians say-so

you have to have done SOMETHING wrong e.g "brawling in the Algarve"

Is that the case?

who says it'd down to one politician

Are you always going to defend this policy of allowing suspected bombers and anti-UK racists go free ?

"Suspected" isn't even a phrase man :unsure: