Another day, another 9 "terrorists" released without charge

Rob W

I see another Terror trial has collapsed - this is getting embarrassing

The 7/7 helper one?

Two were found guilty of plotting to attend a terrorism training camp in Pakistan, so not exactly "innocent" then. :aye:

Admittedly from the headlines you could be forgiven for imagining they were some people that just happened to be walking by a police car when the police were looking for suspects and were completely innocent and cleared on all charges.

In all honesty it probably shows the difficulty of proving these type of charges, rather than them having no idea about the 7/7 attacks at all.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the main "evidence" was that they'd used their mobile phones close to Kings Cross, Paddington and Liverpool Street Stations............

50% of the SE of England could be arrested on that basis "Hello Dear - I'm on the train!"

What was odd was the one who was quite cheerful about admitting he'd fight British soldiers in Afghanistan but didn't hold with suicide bombing - which I think is much closer to the words in the Koran where fighting the good fight is one thing but murdering innocents is out of order

The Police are sure the bombers weren't on their own - but that may (note MAY) just be another conspoiracy theory - after all the Gunpowder Plot was only 6-7 lunatics.............

If Rob cared as much for British troops (who he seems to have complete contempt for going off past remarks) as he does for some students here on a short-term visa (who could well have been up to no good) then I might have a modicum of respect for his views on stuff like this.

the main "evidence" was that they'd used their mobile phones close to Kings Cross, Paddington and Liverpool Street Stations............

50% of the SE of England could be arrested on that basis "Hello Dear - I'm on the train!"

What was odd was the one who was quite cheerful about admitting he'd fight British soldiers in Afghanistan but didn't hold with suicide bombing - which I think is much closer to the words in the Koran where fighting the good fight is one thing but murdering innocents is out of order

The Police are sure the bombers weren't on their own - but that may (note MAY) just be another conspoiracy theory - after all the Gunpowder Plot was only 6-7 lunatics.............

Well that and that they were with several of the 7/7 bombers (and were all close friends with several other 7/7 bombers and largely shared their ideology that the West must be destroyed and crushed under the heel of Islam) - apart from that. :aye:

So it's not "ok" to blow up your own countrymen in your own country, but it is "ok" to go somewhere else and kill them? :scratchhead:

The explosive was from Bosnia.

If Rob cared as much for British troops (who he seems to have complete contempt for going off past remarks) as he does for some students here on a short-term visa (who could well have been up to no good) then I might have a modicum of respect for his views on stuff like this.

Tbf he has been continually right about these 'show trials'.

Well that and that they were with several of the 7/7 bombers (and were all close friends with several other 7/7 bombers and largely shared their ideology that the West must be destroyed and crushed under the heel of Islam) - apart from that. :aye:

So it's not "ok" to blow up your own countrymen in your own country, but it is "ok" to go somewhere else and kill them? :icon_lol:

That is the most clueless post on 7/7 parading the internet. :scratchhead:

How is trying to bring to justice people involved in killing over 50 people a show trial?

How is trying to bring to justice people involved in killing over 50 people a show trial?

Not this one in particular obviously and I don't even think Rob thinks this one is all made up. But over the course of the last few years

there have been arrestst in the hundreds on very spurious evidence imo.

Not this one in particular obviously and I don't even think Rob thinks this one is all made up. But over the course of the last few years

And presumably they never went to trial, yes?

And presumably they never went to trial, yes?

I seem to have caught my leg in a bear trap. :aye:

So it's not "ok" to blow up your own countrymen in your own country, but it is "ok" to go somewhere else and kill them? :icon_lol:

In all honesty if you were looking for people that helped the 7/7 bombers where would you start looking?

Maybe with people that were close friends of said bombers, people that had the same Islamofascist ideology as the 7/7 (to the point where they admit they wanted to kill British citizens - just certain ones.... which was actually quite clever legally, as they couldn't deny it, only try to convince the jury that they wouldn't hurt civilians), people that had been to London with and visited the sites of the explosions with 2 of the bombers?

Really it would have been derelict of the police to not investigate these people (especially as two of them have been convicted on lesser charges).

Was it right to go to trial? I think so, even thought the chances of a conviction were low due to the nature of the charges they were trying to prove.

In all honesty if you were looking for people that helped the 7/7 bombers where would you start looking?

Maybe with people that were close friends of said bombers, people that had the same Islamofascist ideology as the 7/7 (to the point where they admit they wanted to kill British citizens - just certain ones.... which was actually quite clever legally, as they couldn't deny it, only try to convince the jury that they wouldn't hurt civilians), people that had been to London with and visited the sites of the explosions with 2 of the bombers?

Really it would have been derelict of the police to not investigate these people (especially as two of them have been convicted on lesser charges).

Was it right to go to trial? I think so, even thought the chances of a conviction were low due to the nature of the charges they were trying to prove.

Mi6 and the breakdown of the covenant.

Being innocent is not the same as not being found guilty.

*this fortune cookie philosophy was brought to you by the number Cocodomol and the letter Lemsip.

*this fortune cookie philosophy was brought to you by the number Cocodomol and the letter Lemsip.

:aye:

Been near any pigs recently? Apart from the other weekend of course.

Or indeed guilty of something related in this case (well two cases).

They clearly did go for the reasonable doubt defence though, which was sensible, and Fop bets they weren't on legal aid solicitors and barristers either. :aye:

They clearly did go for the reasonable doubt defence though, which was sensible, and Fop bets they weren't on legal aid solicitors and barristers either. :aye:

How much btw? Because I bet they did get legal aid.

They'll have one of those crack muslim "we didn't do it" legal teams.

Are you on about the 7/7 trial btw? Because I was. They'll definitely have been receiving legal aid, at a guess.

Are you on about the 7/7 trial btw? Because I was. They'll definitely have been receiving legal aid, at a guess.

The 21/7 attempted bombers and the Scottish Airport bombers had a massive legal fund behind them (along with their crack team of muslim "we didn't do it" lawyers that seem to be parachuted in for these cases), so I assume these guy would have too, although maybe you can claim legal aid on top of that (ask the property conveubermancer :scratchhead:).

I'm fairly sure it was legal aid too and not some top lawyer funded by the Mujahideen like. But then again I've got at least a vague idea how the criminal justice system works in this country.

The 21/7 attempted bombers and the Scottish Airport bombers had a massive legal fund behind them (along with their crack team of muslim "we didn't do it" lawyers that seem to be parachuted in for these cases), so I assume these guy would have too, although maybe you can claim legal aid on top of that (ask the property conveubermancer :scratchhead:).

That's not 7/7 in any case but do you have a link to confirm that?

:aye:

Been near any pigs recently? Apart from the other weekend of course.

don't even joke mate. I feel worse than the economy, but I've got to go out tonight with that lass to the cinema. My voice is all deep and gravelly like the "It was one man, against all odds"-blokey (who died by the way), so that's in my favour but I can't think straight what so ever. I've had to spend ages on cover letters that would normally be rattled off in minutes, so many typos and other errors. Hell I've checked and rechecked this thing a few times as well. :scratchhead: