Higher rate tax band to be raised to 50%

Douggy B

Danny B's taxi driver is seething.

:nufc:

Obsessed.

The irony. What are you doing here again?

Can't help yourself can you?

From posting on a Newcastle forum? Indeed I can't! I love all things Newcastle United :(

You can't help yourself either, can you?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No-one is saying where the cuts are going to be - but you could cut ALL of defence, Soc Security, Farming, Transport, etc and STILL not fill the gap.................

I suggest going to a doctor ASAP whiel they're still around - and as for educashun........................... back to leaving school at 14 I reckon

Obsessed.

From posting on a Newcastle forum? Indeed I can't! I love all things Newcastle United :(

Me and my shaaaaadddooooww!!

Obsessed.

Except I'm the Newcastle supporter on the Newcastle forum! Complete the following sentence...

I, Danny B, post here because...

Obsessed.

Except I'm the Newcastle supporter on the Newcastle forum! Complete the following sentence...

I provide a service. That service being a provider of yin to the raging yang of delusions and mistruths propagated on Toontastic.

To be fair the results are good and there has been a marked improvement. Everybody has done well.

Your turn...

I follow Danny B about the place because......

Obsessed.

I provide a service. That service being a provider of yin to the raging yang of delusions and mistruths propagated on Toontastic.

To be fair the results are good and there has been a marked improvement. Everybody has done well.

Your turn...

I follow Danny B about the place because......

... I find the service he provides to be a little bit pathetic and sad.

50% on over £150k is more bark than bite. What does it actually raise, considering it impacts only a few people all of whom probably get tax advice and will find ways of protecting their income from the additional tax anyway.

In a recession we need to target small companies who are better at responding to new opportunities than lumbering multinationals. Cut corporation tax for small businesses and improve the income tax regime for owner-managers. In time like this few are willing to make the jump from a safe job into a new venture.

I don't think it will send high earners running to the hills- ultimately people who really want to avoid paying tax will shack up in Monaco or Switzerland. Those who enjoy their life in the UK will mostly feel it's still worth it. It's not a super tax- yet.

50% on over £150k is more bark than bite. What does it actually raise, considering it impacts only a few people all of whom probably get tax advice and will find ways of protecting their income from the additional tax anyway.

In a recession we need to target small companies who are better at responding to new opportunities than lumbering multinationals. Cut corporation tax for small businesses and improve the income tax regime for owner-managers. In time like this few are willing to make the jump from a safe job into a new venture.

I don't think it will send high earners running to the hills- ultimately people who really want to avoid paying tax will shack up in Monaco or Switzerland. Those who enjoy their life in the UK will mostly feel it's still worth it. It's not a super tax- yet.

It's probably an election time-bomb more than anything really to do with raising cash, puts the Conservatives on the back foot when it comes in.

Watch this countries bright sparks and wealth generators move abroard.

What, like bankers, stock brokers and footballers? Good riddance.

£150 K is a lot more than most professionals earn and don't forget you only pay the excess on money earned above this level. Danny B showing himself to be a good old Thatcher boy tbh.

Like innovators, idea merchants, small company owners and sole traders.

Nothing strangles an economic growth like over taxation.

Of course Danny, all those people are going to up sticks and go exactly where? Funny how other economies with higher tax rates never seem to be affected by this so-called brain drain.

They are.

You really know fuck all about anything do you.

£150 K is a lot more than most professionals earn and don't forget you only pay the excess on money earned above this level. Danny B showing himself to be a good old Thatcher boy tbh.

Of course Danny, all those people are going to up sticks and go exactly where? Funny how other economies with higher tax rates never seem to be affected by this so-called brain drain.

They are.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=608681

They are.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=608681

Personally I'm hoping the whole of London buggers off somewhere else. :aye:

now now - everyone complains when they come out and buy property outside Landahn..........

The could buy Australia and set up a new world there. ;)