Newcastle to go down?

ryanward

Think you better learn yourself a better music history. Grunge didn't start with Pearl Jam or Nirvana!

Who are you then mate, Everett True? :nufc:

What you say may well be true (Mother Love Bone, Green River and Soundgarden etc all started well before 91/92) but if you asked your average Mag in 89 what "Grunge" was he wouldn't have a clue. He may well on the other hand have gone to the match on a Saturday and spent the rest of the night dancing in a field off his tits on cheap speed or bad e's.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think you better learn yourself a better music history. Grunge didn't start with Pearl Jam or Nirvana!

Who are you then mate, Everett True? :(

What you say may well be true (Mother Love Bone, Green River and Soundgarden etc all started well before 91/92) but if you asked your average Mag in 89 what "Grunge" was he wouldn't have a clue. He may well on the other hand have gone to the match on a Saturday and spent the rest of the night dancing in a field off his tits on cheap speed or bad e's.

:nufc: I know I did! :)

Of course you'd be right as everyone who ever went to a match in 89 had to a least start the night with a tab of e!

And yet I think there maybe a few that disagree with you.

But you take comfort in that Asprilla agrees with you.

Who are you then mate, Everett True? :(

Of course you'd be right as everyone who ever went to a match in 89 had to a least start the night with a tab of e!

Probably not, but they were far more likely to going to raves than dressing like a lumberjack and listening to punk rock performed badly by American heavy metal fans.

I'm sure there are, we were a very broad church back then :nufc: :

newcastle_fans.jpg

Please don't try to drag me into the various factional in-fighting on this messageboard. It is highly amusing, but there again I need to get out more as well :)

There's no way your average Brit new about grunge until "Smells Like Teen Spirit" smacked everyone round the chops. When did that come out....'91?

'88-'89 it was either Bros/Kylie et al or cane a load of drugs and listen to house music or The Stone Roses and Happy Mondays.

The more I think about it, the more I grow in belief. Still at a very low rate but its growing. Hull are falling. Pompey and Blackburn are still there. Boro are liable to capitulate again. The players have shown spirit, although its taken them and Shearer 45 mins in each game to get things going a bit better, I reckon that if he starts things right ie. not 3 at the back and with Viduka and Martins hopefully fit enough to start on Monday night, it could set us up for a vital win. Its just a bit rough that a potential bruising at Liverpool could hurt us badly.

We'll probably win at Anfield ending the title race as Hull send us down by beating Man United reserves on the final day :nufc:

The more I think about it, the more I grow in belief. Still at a very low rate but its growing. Hull are falling. Pompey and Blackburn are still there. Boro are liable to capitulate again. The players have shown spirit, although its taken them and Shearer 45 mins in each game to get things going a bit better, I reckon that if he starts things right ie. not 3 at the back and with Viduka and Martins hopefully fit enough to start on Monday night, it could set us up for a vital win. Its just a bit rough that a potential bruising at Liverpool could hurt us badly.

We'll probably win at Anfield ending the title race as Hull send us down by beating Man United reserves on the final day :aussie:

Probally right, although I havent written off Villa away TBF

as a blackburn fan feeling safe now and thinking about new recruits, and to that extent looking at the likely players at the relegation clubs..................................i'd take brunt, fortune, morrisson and olssen from wba, nowt from hull, nowt from boro and only if he was cheap carroll from your lot.........gonna be a lot of big headed newcastle players taking a big reality check in the summer when they realise no one would even want them if they were free.............as i'm quite sure with the wages yourlot must pay no one would pay a transfer fee on top. Does say something when there is better quality to be had at wba

as a blackburn fan feeling safe now and thinking about new recruits, and to that extent looking at the likely players at the relegation clubs..................................i'd take brunt, fortune, morrisson and olssen from wba, nowt from hull, nowt from boro and only if he was cheap carroll from your lot.........gonna be a lot of big headed newcastle players taking a big reality check in the summer when they realise no one would even want them if they were free.............as i'm quite sure with the wages yourlot must pay no one would pay a transfer fee on top. Does say something when there is better quality to be had at wba

:unsure:

congrats, you've just confirmed you have no idea what you are talking about

Edited by Andrew

congrats, you've just confirmed you have no idea what you are talking about

well i guess he would be cheap, be on low wages.........and we need the option of a target man now and then, i'm only talking about £1m the sort of money that got us super jonny stead.

martins must be on silly money and is incredibly hit or miss added to the fact he's nigerian so no one knows if he is 26 or 36

viduka is just well....hmmm your problem

can't honestly think of any of your players on mega wages that earn them........so yes i'll say the only gamble worth taking is a cheap one and big sam could probably get the best out of a big target man who is'nt afraid to use his elbows.

Oh fuck its worse than I thought, theres 4 going down?

Oh fuck its worse than I thought, theres 4 going down?

:unsure:

As much as I'm worried I do think we have some winnable games and also Boro, Hull, Blackburn, Pompey and Sunderland are shit too.

Well... the league table says you're shitter than four of those five.

Still, think Boro and Hull will be your saviours because they have a harder run in.

well i guess he would be cheap, be on low wages.........and we need the option of a target man now and then, i'm only talking about £1m the sort of money that got us super jonny stead.

martins must be on silly money and is incredibly hit or miss added to the fact he's nigerian so no one knows if he is 26 or 36

viduka is just well....hmmm your problem

can't honestly think of any of your players on mega wages that earn them........so yes i'll say the only gamble worth taking is a cheap one and big sam could probably get the best out of a big target man who is'nt afraid to use his elbows.

There isn't anyone at Blackburn I think can improve the Spurs squad, we took your best player last season and he hasn't performed. Maybe Samba as cover for King...

There isn't anyone at Blackburn I think can improve the Spurs squad, we took your best player last season and he hasn't performed. Maybe Samba as cover for King...

:scratchhead: Hasn't performed? Or hasn't been played in the right position? Anyway, he's an egoistic little boy and he and Spuds are a marriage made in Heaven. All the better that Arsenal have kind of skanked you of your money too! How does it feel?

In reverse of the Burger King advert, "You'll feel like we've robbed you!" :aye:

As much as I'm worried I do think we have some winnable games and also Boro, Hull, Blackburn, Pompey and Sunderland are shit too.

Well... the league table says you're shitter than four of those five.

Still, think Boro and Hull will be your saviours because they have a harder run in.

So you're pretty much repeating my point while disagreeing with me.

Ok!

:aye:

Resigned myself to relegation, anythig better will be a bonus. Mind was made up after the utter dog shit performance at home against Portsmouth - if we can't take that chance, and those chances on the day, we don't deserve any better.

I did not and do not want Newcastle to go down but the thought of getting rid of the dead wood is the shining beacon of light the end of a very dark tunnel!

Bring back fat fred... ;)

Guest Stevie
Resigned myself to relegation, anythig better will be a bonus. Mind was made up after the utter dog shit performance at home against Portsmouth - if we can't take that chance, and those chances on the day, we don't deserve any better.

I did not and do not want Newcastle to go down but the thought of getting rid of the dead wood is the shining beacon of light the end of a very dark tunnel!

Bring back fat fred... ;)

You've had some of the highest praise I've seen given on a message board while you've been away.