Roy Keane new Ipswich manager

Ketsbaia

I still can't get over the derby match last season that Keegan was in charge of. For a man of Keane's stature and reputation as someone who is one of the games toughest characters he completely bottled it. The way he approached the game with that team they'd lost the game before a ball was even kicked.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still can't get over the derby match last season that Keegan was in charge of. For a man of Keane's stature and reputation as someone who is one of the games toughest characters he completely bottled it. The way he approached the game with that team they'd lost the game before a ball was even kicked.

Nicky Butt's best performance in a Newcastle shirt for me. He bossed their five man midfield.

Apparently we got a mention in his press conference. Something about the quality of opposition coming down from the Premiership and us being one of them!

Probably a dig at Shearer :nufc:

I have just read the first two comments at the bottom of the Teamtalk article.

gaznash73 (Sunderland fan)

"can not keep a good man down, Ipswich town is my second team now, NA NA NA KEANO"

safc26jc (Sunderland fan)

"its good to have you back roy. i for one flly admire what he did and wish he could have stayed longer. i hope he does come to the PL with them as i for one would surely applaud him and sing his name. I think i may hvae found myself a second team"

:nufc:

Indeed while his Portman Road appointment seems all but nailed on, one wonders if a tiny part of Roy Keane is hoping against hope for an 11th hour phonecall from Quinn asking him to make a dramatic U-turn and head back north to attend to some unfinished business by the river Wear.

My favourite part. What is the woman on?!

I heard a bit of his press conference and he managed to get a reference to his dogs in :nufc:

It wasn't the wittiest chant our rabble have ever came out with but by christ it was pretty apt.

I heard a bit of his press conference and he managed to get a reference to his dogs in :nufc:

He was even talking about them "needing a break"...it was such a blatantly stupid thing to say that if I didn't know better, I'd think he was actually showing a sense of humour.

Apparently we got a mention in his press conference. Something about the quality of opposition coming down from the Premiership and us being one of them!

Probably a dig at Shearer :nufc:

He had the cheek to say that Steve Bruce hasnt been a success as a manager. This is the manager of Wigan who are nowhere near relegation having spent about 3p. Whilst Sunderland, who have the biggest sqaud in the league and spent more money than any other team around them, the same Sunderland Keane bottled it at, are currently fighting for their lives.

Is Keane really that deluded about his ability as a manager

He had the cheek to say that Steve Bruce hasnt been a success as a manager. This is the manager of Wigan who are nowhere near relegation having spent about 3p. Whilst Sunderland, who have the biggest sqaud in the league and spent more money than any other team around them, the same Sunderland Keane bottled it at, are currently fighting for their lives.

I don't know his exact quote - I heard he said that Hughes and Bruce weren't successful managers yet but they had potential - but I'd agree with that. If neither was to manage again after the end of this season they wouldn't go down in history as good managers. It's a good statement from Keane in a time when anyone who shows a few months of promise is immediately seen as great.

Anyone know what Keane's net spend was at Sunderland in the end?

I don't know his exact quote - I heard he said that Hughes and Bruce weren't successful managers yet but they had potential - but I'd agree with that. If neither was to manage again after the end of this season they wouldn't go down in history as good managers. It's a good statement from Keane in a time when anyone who shows a few months of promise is immediately seen as great.

Anyone know what Keane's net spend was at Sunderland in the end?

3 billion pounds

He was even talking about them "needing a break"...it was such a blatantly stupid thing to say that if I didn't know better, I'd think he was actually showing a sense of humour.

"I would like to try and do it (win promotion) in one year, if I was not up for it I would be wanking my dogs. I think my dogs needed a break."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...own/8015013.stm

Indeed while his Portman Road appointment seems all but nailed on, one wonders if a tiny part of Roy Keane is hoping against hope for an 11th hour phonecall from Quinn asking him to make a dramatic U-turn and head back north to attend to some unfinished business by the river Wear.

Presumably she means getting them relegated.

They were in all sorts of bother just before he left.

Alan Brazil allegedly said he didn't want Keane living near him as he didn't want Keane's dogs menacing his sheep.....

don't think it's the dogs you need to worry about Al... :aussie: