Roy Keane new Ipswich manager

Ketsbaia

He's started blaming the players already, only a matter of time before he quits and goes back to pleasuring his dogs.

Ipswich boss Roy Keane has identified players who will never wear the shirt again after a terrible start to the season.

The Tractor Boys have garnered just one point from four games and Keane has made it clear that some players are not up to the task.

"There are one or two who played at the weekend who will never play for me again," said Keane.

"Eventually you have to make a decision and I don't like what I have been seeing.

"This is not just based on Saturday but on the end of last season and pre-season as well.

"You can't keep waiting and you have to say enough is enough.

"And it's not personal - it is just time to move on. You can't keep doing the same things every week and not getting a result."

One of the unwanted players is not thought to be centre-half Gareth McAuley, who was dropped to the bench for Saturday's defeat at West Brom.

"I like Gareth and he was probably a bit unlucky to be on the bench on Saturday," said Keane, who denied that the pair had had a bust-up.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:icon_lol: It's not fair, the other boys aren't playing properly!

Thing is, I reckon he'll end up like Souness, he'll keep getting jobs despite being shit, simply because of one decent season as a manager and the reputation he built throughout his playing career.

Thing is, I reckon he'll end up like Souness, he'll keep getting jobs despite being shit, simply because of one decent season as a manager and the reputation he built throughout his playing career.

If i was an Ipswich fan i think i would be worried - his body language smacks of the final months of his Sunderland tenure and similar to then he looks bored and irritated - too many demons running round his head and i think perhaps the players tire of being fearful

I had nearly exactly the same discussion yesterday, I think he's like Souness in regard that he can't understand or relate to players that aren't as skilled as he was.

The writing is on the wall already, he's going to walk.

I don't understand why anyone is surprised by this. There is no doubt he was a great player, but there is also no doubt that he's prick of a bloke. He's odds on to bottle this again and walk away, although I expect he won't get the stick that KK gets.

he needs to see a good shrink before he ends up in a padded kennel.

FYP

Indecently Keano wanks his dog has to one of the all time classic urban myths. Never fails to make me laugh whenever I hear/read it. :icon_lol:

Edited by JUICE690

Wait til he starts growing the beard... a sure sign he's about to do a runner... :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

I'm telling you, as soon as I see stubble, I'm off down the bookies to put some money on him walking :nufc:

You know things are bad when even 'that mackem whore' is beginning to have doubts.

pswich Town's slow start to the season – they have a just one point and are second bottom of the Championship – has already got the "surely it's about time Roy Keane walked out" jokes going. Maybe we shouldn't write Sunderland's former manager off just yet, though. After all, back in 2006 he inherited a Wearside side who'd lost their opening four league games of the season under Niall Quinn's stewardship and still steered Sunderland into the Premier League at the first attempt.

Yet whereas at the Stadium of Light, Keane proved very much a cheque-book manager, he's been strangely slow to spend at Portman Road. Judging by his latest outburst that might change. "There are one or two players who played for me against West Brom on Saturday (Ipswich lost) who will never play for me again," the former Manchester United captain told journalists on Monday. "I don't like what I'm seeing. We will not win automatic promotion."

Oh dear. As a reporter who covers Sunderland regularly I was previously a fascinated Keane watcher and – although, as I've said it's ridiculously early in the season and bad starts can be overcome – what worries me with Ipswich is that his policy of ruling by fear brought instant results on Wearside before ultimately going horribly wrong. If such intimidatory tactics aren't working from the off in Suffolk does he have a Plan B? And has he learnt that running away at the first sign of trouble – see Saipan and Sunderland – isn't exactly courageous? I do hope so.

At least one Ipswich player has already proved capable of wrong-footing him. "Roy Keane was shocked when I told him I was retiring," said ex-Portman Road goalkeeper Shane Supple, 22. "But there are other things in life. Football's not what I thought it was." Wouldn't you just love to have been a fly on that wall?

Edited by ewerk

"We will not win automatic promotion."

You don't say? :icon_lol: Can't wait to see him stage his latest walk-out. Nice to see some mackems are finally realising what a serial bottler he is.

Shame he is though. I'd rather he was still there.

• 3 weeks later...