Its just hit me...

Sir Bob Almighty!

I woke up this morning and funnily enough for the first time its hit me hard that we have a very, very high chance of playing championship football next season, I'm getting sick of obsessing about these results but it really doesnt look too good at all.

I mean Pompey, Boro & Fulham are all winnable games, but we've had so called winnable games all season that we havent took advantage of so you would have to say the chances of us winning all three or even winning two are highly unlikely, our derby with the smogs is normally always a draw anyway and Fulham are sitting in 8th spot.

Pompey is the only game from the last five that I'm hopeful of getting three points, which of course is not enough. There wont be any surprises at Anfield i wouldnt think, and although Villa arent the best of teams at the moment they still have some great players and a great manager.

People are banging on about the second half performance against Spurs, am i missing something? I though the majority of the players were as hapless as they were in the first half and not many of them are showing any kind of fighting spirit at all, I'm finally starting to lose hope :nufc:

Same thing happened to me when I went to bed after the Spurs game (finished at around 11 pm over here in Australia).

I do the same thing over and over again, thinking that this or that game we can turn things around.

I've really felt down ever since we drew at Hull. That was the first of the real 'must win' games that we had.

However, the appointment of Shearer occurred, and I couldn't help but gain some (false?) hope from it.

Most of all I feel sorry for my wife, who has had to put up with some real mood swings over this season.

I do take the whole situation far too seriously.

As for the performance at Spurs. There was a definite attacking spark when Dukes and Martins came on. Dukes' first touch was that talent he has for holding the ball up in the box. There was just no-one to flick it to. (However, not impressed when Oba rolled around grasping his groin when he missed that sitter.)

But the empahasis to attack seemed to soon dissapate as Spurs attacked hard. I 'spose the fact that we didn't conceed another might mean something.

Edited by dbsweeney

I think it hit me after the 2-2 draw with Stoke. Seeing Houghton in charge for a prolonged period was also a nail in the coffin. We just looked so...rudderless.

I've been having f-cking nightmares about us going down, but I'm starting to realise that it's happening. Every week another game passes with no more points, whilst those around us start to pick them up.

just think free voul a vounts and skol lads you can do it come on, get that optimism back! (in reality it was more hofbrau and wurst, but voul a vounts and skol sounds funnyier)

You going to Watergate this Friday or next? :nufc:

just think free voul a vounts and skol lads you can do it come on, get that optimism back! (in reality it was more hofbrau and wurst, but voul a vounts and skol sounds funnyier)

You going to Watergate this Friday or next? :(

next friday. hope my student loan doesnt delay, or my partying will be seriously curtailed. :nufc:

Edited by charvski

I'm still clinging on to the hope that we might win more games in the championship

I wouldn't bank on it... Every game will be like a cup final to those teams.

Careful, we'll be told we have ideas above our station next.

I'm still clinging on to the hope that we might win more games in the championship

I wouldn't bank on it... Every game will be like a cup final to those teams.

I'm certainly not, it's just a hope

Fuck all we can do, I'm resigned to it tbh. The club will still be there next season, I just won't be able to see any bloody games anymore

THIS. I watch the matches with some ex-pat geordies and we were trying to figure out what we were going to do next season if we go down. The options seem to be each of us putting 50 dollars in a kitty and drawing a team that finishes bottom five along with newly promoted teams and whoever is leading at Christmas and at the end of the season gets the pot... or paying out to nufc.co.uk for streaming matches (if they are going to do that...).

Depressing...

rubbish but the Championship is bloody hard to get out of - you have to be very very consistent (just like us eh?)

I reckon a couple of wins might just save us as the rest are rubbish around us as well.....................

I'm already preparing for the championship.

Plus points:

a ) Cheaper tickets

b ) Different away grounds to visit

c ) A fresh, new team

However, I am worried about going down AGAIN.

Edited by Holden McGroin

I have discovered Norwich vs Reading on Monday night is being illegally streamed.

Might watch it actually, see what we're up against.

Its on sky. So the stream may well be a sky one. Its streams of games not on sky or setanta which are of interest.

Theres actually quite a few championship streams every week on that myp2p site, I'm sure we'll still get to see our team play, probably wont see Owen, Martins, Jonas, Barton, Guthrie, Duff, Bassong, Coloccini, Taylor, Enrique, Beye play though. Bummer.