Top Ten: Worst signings of the season

Douggy B

8 goals and 9 assists from Berbatov.

Should he really be in there? :huh

£30 million!

can't blame the players for how much they cost can you?

saying that I know we do it with collocinni and xisco. Berbatov is a good player though unlike these cunts

well no but it factors in to whether or not they are good signings, its the only point actually made in that "article" against colo, they don't even mention how shit he is

8 goals and 9 assists from Berbatov.

Should he really be in there? :huh

£30 million!

can't blame the players for how much they cost can you?

saying that I know we do it with collocinni and xisco. Berbatov is a good player though unlike these cunts

well no but it factors in to whether or not they are good signings, its the only point actually made in that "article" against colo, they don't even mention how shit he is

i take your point because even when I wrote out my first reply I was thinking I have sat and shouted fucking hell man 10 bastard million on you more times than not watching newcastle so I kind of contradicted my own arguement straight away

berbatov has been ok id say. he came in jan too so would take some time to adapt. he links a lot of man utds attacking play together

imo the wrong striker for the way ManU play. Benzema or some other lanky speedy bloke would have been better.

berbatov has been ok id say. he came in jan too so would take some time to adapt. he links a lot of man utds attacking play together

imo the wrong striker for the way ManU play. Benzema or some other lanky speedy bloke would have been better.

agreed, berbatov is more of an arsenal type player IMO

agreed, berbatov is more of an arsenal type player IMO

I see what you're saying, more of a tinkerer around the box and slow buildup.

He didn't?

No he went on the last day of the summer window.

Dos Santos didn't cost enough to make that list :nufc:

FYP

How much did you pay for him?

Sure it was something around the fee for Xisco if not that he surely hit around the £5m mark.

I'm dubious about these sorts of lists. The most important name missing is Joe Kinnear. I guarantee he could take the existing Man Utd side and within the space of 10 games have them in mid table form and looking downwards.

I'm sure that the match going lercals can look at individual players and see what they do/don't do well on and off the ball. But I think we have to distinguish between form and talent; I suspect that some of our players are actually rather good but they're playing in a shit team with a shit manager - doesn't make them bad signings necessarily. That goes for someone like Coloccini for instance.

Nacho was a terrible signing just because he's been injured virtually all the time he's been with is. Xisco might be a great signing but Kinnear won't play him so who knows. However if we re-signed Ameobi this season then he'd be my pick because he's still with us & contributing less than Nacho - at least the latter isn't taking the place of an adequate player.

Dos Santos didn't cost enough to make that list :nufc:

FYP

Sure it was something around the fee for Xisco if not that he surely hit around the £5m mark.

4.7m. Looked lively in preseason but got a bad knock.

Has scored 4 goals this season and is only young. Im backing him like I did Gomes and look how stupid Tom and Stevie look now.

Dos Santos didn't cost enough to make that list :(

FYP

Has scored 4 goals this season and is only young. Im backing him like I did Gomes and look how stupid Tom and Stevie look now.

:nufc: you cannot say that about anyone tbh.

Edited by bawan

Dos Santos didn't cost enough to make that list :(

FYP

:nufc: you cannot say that about anyone tbh.

Thats some lame banter you got there.

I recommend two signings for Blackburn-Robbie Fowler and Vince Grella.

The former was a free, and on a pay-as-you-play contract, but he was as useful as a 5th wheel on a cart. The latter is a £4m signing who has been so injury prone he has been said to have bread sticks as legs.